JOhn_D.5ilver
somedude224

Being gay is not a choice made by the individual.

JOhn_D.5ilver

JOhn_D.5ilver

Pro

I will stand form the standpoint that being gay is just like most stereotypes. It's forced upon by the environment.
somedude224

Con

I take it round one is acceptance?
JOhn_D.5ilver

Pro

I will present my arguments for that statement and in the closing of round two you will counter them. If by doings so you will find the need to provide further information do so. In the remaining rounds we will keep countering the previous comments posted.

Let I start by saying that the natural order of humankind is that men should mate with the opposite sex in order to sustain life. Would it be logical for this process to be performed and both parties separate for the male or female (or both) are gay and they will raise the child within the same sex relationship. Within this the child will get confused for you see the raising is performed by a same sex couple and therefore gives the impression that it should seek the same kind of relationship. For the nature of it is to follow the parent's way at first. To state this is to shed light to the natural order. Now is this time-period in humanities there are people of homosexual preferences. I state it to be pre-determined and not chosen by the individual. Throughout the age's man has defined two groups presented by nature, male and female. Within that certain stereotypes where formed where males were the dominant group in forcing females to act a certain way. Through the forming of that force both parties where created to have certain characteristics. Both are defined in this time also and within that I state that they are not compatible. Too many differences resides within male and female in character. Relationships have been defined by society and within that males seek different interests than females. Creating them in most cases to departure (divorces). Now in this state both male and female seek a being of same interests and for that flows homosexuality. Look at the stereotype of most homosexuals where the male act like a female and the female like a male. Within this shows that the characteristics have been taught and the preferences leading them to be gay. Not chosen, but pre-determined.
somedude224

Con

Seriously? For real. Are you serious?

Obviously being a homosexual is a choice. No one is born gay.

You said ones sexual orientation is based on their parents. You are right
That doesn't mean that it is not a choice. It is their parents choice thast they make their kid gay. As for the kid. As young as 12, they know that being gay is a very controversal thing, and their parents have no right to tell them whether or not they can dig Women, or Shlongs. I am keeping this short, so heres a summary.

1. The parents decide if the parents are gay
2. The kid can decide his own sexuality
3. The parents choice doesnt matter
4. And it doesnt matter because this isnt only about children, but gayness in general
5. That being said, I know plenty of gay people who decided to be gay on their own accord.
JOhn_D.5ilver

Pro

It might seem as choice because there are certain possibilities presented where you can decide the route you take. A lot of things are pre-determined though. Although not visible for human eyes, but everything until now have brought you and I together to debate this topic. Where is your choice to not have wanted to end up here? Talking about it now it may seem a choice, but it reality you didn't have it because the route was already mapped out for you by the circumstances that made you the person you are now. The pre-determined genes you would get from your parents, the morals and values you got. It might change over time, but that is also the circumstances that forced you to change it. What I am concluding at is that in order to make a choice you must ask yourself: is it really the choice of the individual or is the choice made for you thus not by the individual. By that it is no longer the individual's choice to be, but simply to follow.
somedude224

Con

My grandpa turned gay after having my mom. She didn't become gay, nor did my dad, nor me. I like chicks because I chose to. Not because my parents did. My parents told me i could go either way, and I chose chicks. It's very simple, no moral crap or anything. If a kid doesn't want to be gay, he does not have to, not legally anyway.
JOhn_D.5ilver

Pro

Firstly, you are saying that you know everything by the ends you see. For you to understand this concept you can't use it though. At the very least not in the manner you are. Your grandfather turned gay not because out of nothingness or just a random choice. It was of pre-determine nature that the route was enforced upon him. Let's say that you want to call someone. How would you do it? Through a cellphone or as you remember there is another cellphone in the kitchen. Since you need to go to the kitchen anyway because you are hungry you go to the kitchen and call from that phone. Out of this example there are different choices presented. Whereas in one situation you wouldn't go to the kitchen because you are not hungry. By that are forced to use the cellphone in the room you are currently. In another scenario you might be the kind of person that likes to take the long route and go for the cellphone further away. In this example a few things are happening. Whereas certain factors play a role in the route you are going to enter. Were you are the person that is lazy you wouldn't have traveled for the cellphone further away. This points out to the type of person you didn't decised to be, but through circumstances that made you either lazy or active as person. At that moment you were hungry that influences the route you were going to take, so another factor that wasn't within your control. You just happened to be hungry. Might be that you hadn't eaten for a while. Almost looking like another choice you made, but not the case for you see you didn't have the chance to eat you were at school and forgot to bring something to eat nor did you have the money. You could ask someone for money, but you are not the type of person to ask someone for money since you are embarrassed to ask. You might see now that certain characteristics effect the route you take and certain situations enforces you to take the route that is mapped out. I could go on and on about this, but where it comes down to is that the choices your appear to be making are not choices for free will. You are just following the routes that is laid down for you by these factors that play a role in which also not chosen but given. All the information your brain takes subconsciously form every seconds of your life. I will add that something might seem like it is the truth or it might seem false. That also is not a choice. That is the information within your brain telling you that at this current moment with this specific type of information you possess. You are experiencing feelings of doubt thus creating disbelieve. You are not choosing to not believe me it is mapped out by that process. Only if I present the information to you in a way that makes you see it has the truth for the feeling has been uplifted by it. Only then will you accept what I am saying.
somedude224

Con

People voting, I know my arguments are short but I have three different debates to respond to, so I try to get this done quickly.

Anyways, sure, the most logical idea would be to go to the kitchen. However, I would still be able to decide whether I use the one in the kitchen or the one on me, or in the room. Even if I was hungry, who is to say I wouldn't just pick up the phone closest to me and walk into the kitchen?

You are basing your arguments on a personal preference.

Second of all, You brain has nothing to do with any of this. You are now telling me that your brain decides whether you like the same sex or not? No, you do.

Here is my argument. If you know a friend that is gay, ask him to watch some regular pornography. He will most likely get aroused by it, because men are supposed to be attracted to women. Then tell your gay friend this, and see if he still decides to be gay. He might say yes, but his erection says otherwise.
JOhn_D.5ilver

Pro

If you know a friend that is gay, ask him to watch some regular pornography. He will most likely get aroused by it, because men are supposed to be attracted to women. Then tell your gay friend this, and see if he still decides to be gay. He might say yes, but his erection says otherwise.

First you need to prove that this is correct. Since you do not the argument used is invalid. Next even if this was the case it still doesn't matter. Within this field of information in the brain there can be contradicting sides. If you are supposed to be attracted to women. That means it is no longer your choice anymore, but by nature. You are referring to the fact that he denied his nature for the result is by your example is contradiction to his natural desire. Why did he change his ways if the pressing effect still seems to be denied? There is choice I never said there wasn't. It's just not up to the individual to make it. Why did he go against his nature? He received the information from his environment that was stronger than his original nature and by it following that new path. You are looking to much at the result of your everyday life in which it looks like free choice. You don't understand my point because it needs further investigation by you and to let go of the theory you currently have stored. For it does not allow you to enter this path. Not by choice, but just like this it shows you how stubborn people can be not to accept new information. Only if presented the right way. That is why it is so hard to debate with these kinds of people.

Currently eight debates and you don't see me using that as an excuse.

somedude224

Con

It's a debate...I'm not supposed to agree with you.

"First you need to prove that this is correct. Since you do not the argument used is invalid. Next even if this was the case it still doesn't matter. Within this field of information in the brain there can be contradicting sides. If you are supposed to be attracted to women. That means it is no longer your choice anymore, but by nature"

You just contradicted yourself. I never said he has to, or his brain tells him to. I simply pointed out a statement. He, himself, as an individual can deny his nature and be attracted to men, even though they are attracted are women by default. Therefore I rest my case that homosexuality is a choice.
Posted by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
we can not invent our own purpose, purpose of every part is obvious and described.
if we invent ill and sick ways that lead us do bad consequences.
you must thing homo cant have baby whatever they do.
there is ill and sick sex desire.
but ever animal incl human must use it for its original purpose.
Posted by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
yes there is no gay gene.
its not natural.
its unnatural.
the purpose of penis is to pie or use in sex.
same thing cause peoples to thing that the anus can also serve both purpose. but its totally wrong.
we forget the purpose of sex.
i this regard we are worse. animals are better than us. animals dont mate untill female dont get menses. but if she gets menses, she will obviously have sex and male animals also will attempt for this. other wise not.
the best thing is they do this only for baby.
but what about us.
Posted by somedude224 4 years ago
somedude224
There is no gay gene. Reni, thank you for having some sense. The human body has been studied for hundreds of years and no "gay gene" has ever been discovered.
Posted by 1111111111 4 years ago
1111111111
Being gay is NOT a choice. You are born ga and anyone in the right mind would know what the so called gay gene is. The gene itself can also be preserved over many years.
Posted by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
in our society is very rare. and its considered to be so much bad. in our religion it is biggest sin. its against nature.
have many many medical complications.
Posted by makhdoom5 4 years ago
makhdoom5
yes your culture force it. i saw a man every women dump him. than he become gay. i still advice him not to be and give his suggestion who to have good and normal life of parents and childerns.
Posted by Nyx999 4 years ago
Nyx999
Con, your arguments are completely flawed. I can't believe you even accepted this debate since you obviously know nothing about gay people.
Posted by Reni-1_3 4 years ago
Reni-1_3
Pro, I flatly say your argument is invalid. you contradict yourself in your "examples" in round 4. You say that being homosexual is handed down through genes or some force. But really? Are you forced to go to the kitchen because your hungry? Why would that determine whether or not you use your cell phone, or the phone in the kitchen? Why not call from your cell phone and then go to the kitchen? That's like saying Why would you let your parents sexuality determine who you like? Or why don't you just like the opposite sex instead of both? You fail to see the works of the human mind Pro, it is not just a jumble of genes, everyone is different because they want to be.
Vote Placed by wolfman4711 4 years ago
wolfman4711
JOhn_D.5ilversomedude224Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Blocking some nerds vote bomb.
Vote Placed by somenerd224 4 years ago
somenerd224
JOhn_D.5ilversomedude224Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro based his arguments on his opinion. Con didn't need sources because he didn't say any facts.
Vote Placed by drhead 4 years ago
drhead
JOhn_D.5ilversomedude224Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con might as well have said "I'm right because I'm right". Pro at least tried to back up his arguments.
Vote Placed by Daktoria 4 years ago
Daktoria
JOhn_D.5ilversomedude224Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Con's argument is based on personal anecdotes which is unreliable form. Con also ignores Pro's point about natural collective expectations. This isn't to say I agree with Pro, but Con doesn't show how people choose their emotions.
Vote Placed by Reni-1_3 4 years ago
Reni-1_3
JOhn_D.5ilversomedude224Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro's arguments are based almost solely off of personal opinions, not on the reality of the human mind. Con sees that the individuals mind is the main role in deciding sexuality.