Tifer
KRock7951

Being gay isn't real.

Tifer

Pro

Seriously, think about it. Men are attracted to women and women are attracted to men by instinct so the human race can continue to live. Which is why guys look at the boobs(how well they can breast feed a baby) and hips(how well a woman would do pregnant), and girls look at men's muscles to see how strong their baby will turn out, along with physical appearance. So I don't see how men can REALLY be attracted to other men and girls attracted to other girls. I think people just say they're gay because they want to be different, or just aren't able to get into bed with the opposite gender. I can get guys not liking girls because of their personality, then they start thinking(somewhat subconsciously) 'I don't want my child to end up like that so I just won't continue my linage. I do have sexual urges though.... Oh hey, how about my best friend Jim!!' And women think along similar lines when in that position.

So all in all, I don't think homosexuality actually exist. Just sexual urges and people not getting lucky with the opposing gender, so they give up and hence the term 'gay'. What do you think?
KRock7951

Con

While I am not sure as to whether or not you mean to be, your argument is insensitive to a very real thing. Your claims in regards to evolution are spot-on in some aspects. Yes, it is true that men are bred to love women. However, one can see that through a little bit more research, homosexuality is indeed real. The evolutionary claim for it's origin is that at some point in the bloodline, a hormonal gene is passed down in order to prevent overpopulation. As we know, man plus woman equals baby while man plus man or woman plus woman begets no child. So, in an evolutionary sense, homosexuality is key for preventing overpopulation. As a matter of fact, there are over 150 species known to have experiences in homosexuality. This species include lions, zebras, dogs, and so on. It's not like Scar woke up one day and said, "I'm tired of leading this pride. What I really want to do is settle down with Mufasa." Continuing on to a social aspect in regards to your claim that being homosexual is " Just sexual urges and people not getting lucky with the opposing gender, so they give up and hence the term 'gay,'" I ask you, can you decide who you love? No person in the world has the ability to get up in the morning, look at another individual and say, "Hey, you! I've decided that I'm going to be attracted to you because it's not working out with someone else." That idea is absolutely ridiculous. If people just gave up on their sexual orientation because of failure in love, it would be impossible to have things like: male individuals with primarily feminine aspects but are heterosexual, female individuals with primarily masculine aspects but are heterosexual, gay guys that girls LOVE, and lesbians that guys LOVE. There are too many factors weighted against your argument in regards to evolution and social custom to actually agree with the said claim.
Tifer

Pro

I'm not trying to be insensitive, because I know it is a sensitive subject for most, but being gay just doesn't make logical sense to me. How was this hormonal gene created? Was it created when people who were distantly related to each other got together and the two genes were 'hey, I recognize you from 200 years ago!! I guess this means we need to slow down, how about we invent homosexuality to slow down the human race so we don't overpopulate. Let's invent the homo gene!' If that were true, doesn't that mean that if one person of the family were gay, their siblings would be too?

I'm pretty sure dogs only hump each other to show dominance. I owe at a humane society and our dogs do hump each other time to time, but they're all fixed, so there's no sexual urge there. It's just to let huge other dog know who's in charge.

I'm not saying one can just decide they're attracted to the same gender after so many failed attempt in a straight relationship. But if someone wanted companionship, and their best buddy was having similar troubles, they would just say 'hey, I like you well enough and I need to get these sexual urges out of my system', to each other and they'd settle and be happy.

Tomboys and feminine guys are just styles, which can be labeled as lesbians and gays, in most cases. Men can be attracted to lesbians(and vise versa) because they know they can't have them due to sexual preference, which is why you always see in movies where the nerd always has the crush in the hottest girl/guy in school. It's the chase that appeals to most people. When desperate enough, you take what you can get(gay), but most people like the chase and working for something they can't have. Or, why girls adore gay men, is because they feel as though the man is a good friend and they can tell anything to him without the risk of having him attracted to her, which some people can get tired of if too many guys/girls are after said person.

Anyways, If you can explain this to me to help me understand, I'll happily forfeit this debate. But I honestly cannot understand how the whole sexual attraction thing can work between the same gender in a legitimate way.
KRock7951

Con

KRock7951 forfeited this round.
Tifer

Pro

Tifer forfeited this round.
KRock7951

Con

Let me clarify something about genes; they aren't just created. The human biological process is incomprehensibly complex in regards to who gets what genes and how they are distributed. Genes don't just get together or decide when overpopulation is a thing, that is something your body does. It is something out of conscience control. And also, the identical genes aren't passed down to all siblings unless they are identical twins. Different sets of genes combine to create an individual; you don't get the exact same ones as your brother or sister. So, no, a homosexual's siblings would not necessarily have this gene.

This whole point about dogs is ridiculous. You chose one of the many animals I listed and decided it was about dominance. If you knew anything about dogs you would know that they show dominance by softly biting or placing their teeth on another dog's neck. Fixing a dog does not take away sexual urges, the purpose is to prevent breeding and lessen its aggression. Not all dogs are fixed and guess what, even non-fixed dogs have homosexual relations. The same goes for the rest of the animals listed above.

The whole idea that you're running your claim of off isBS. I'm trying my best to participate in a legitimate debate but I find it almost impossible with the blockheaded claims you're spitting at me. People don't just decide to be something. If someone wants release from sexual urges, they find someone they are attracted to or they take care of it themselves. No one gets up and decides that the best course of action is to completely overlook what they want for something they REALLY don't want. Like you said, it's about the chase. If you can't have girls, that doesn't mean you go for guys. If you can't have girls, that doesn't mean you just go for guys.

I am starting to lose my sense of professionalism and etiquette with this debate. I sincerely hope you're trolling me by this point.
Tifer

Pro

Tifer forfeited this round.
KRock7951

Con

KRock7951 forfeited this round.
Tifer

Pro

Tifer forfeited this round.
KRock7951

Con

Extend everything I've said.
Posted by CrazyCowMan 3 years ago
CrazyCowMan
lol are you retarded?
Posted by KRock7951 3 years ago
KRock7951
I accidentally forfeited the last round, I wasn't able to long onto a computer within the time limit. If you forfeit the next round, I'll give you a proper response. Sorry about that.
Posted by fight4rightz 3 years ago
fight4rightz
Massive face-palm for the fact that we even have to debate this. At this point, shouldn't we be far enough along in scientific advances to have expelled all doubt that being homosexual does, indeed, exist?
Posted by NiqashMotawadi3 3 years ago
NiqashMotawadi3
Homosexuality exists in animals. It's not really just "Meh. I'm unlucky with women." Some gays are very attractive and they attract many females, but they're sexually attracted to males.
Posted by whiteflame 3 years ago
whiteflame
I think you're going to need more than just your opinion to meet your burden of proof here. You'll need to explain why homosexuality can't exist, and so far, I don't see it. If you have such an explanation, it should be in R1.