LatinaGirl8894
kitten1504

Being human UK vs Beung Human US

LatinaGirl8894

Pro

Round 1 is acceptance
Rounds 2&3 are arguments and rebuttals
Round 4 is rebuttals and conclusion

Con position will be arguing that the UK version is better, as I am arguing that the US version is better.
kitten1504

Con

I have completely accepted this, as I am an avid believer that every TV show that is English in origin is infinitely better than the US counterpart.

I will start this argument by saying, as I did above, that when the US attempts to remake a show that came from England it is never the same. Something always seems to get lost in translation. This is not just Being Human, but Skins, The Inbetweeners, The IT crowd, Absolutely Fabulous and Cold Feet, just to name a few.
Skins, The IT crowd and The Inbetweeners all have more than four stars on Netflix. I know this not a precise unit of measurement but in the modern day...it really is. Being human UK has a 7.9 on imdb (again, a modern unit of measurement) and yes, The US version does have a 7.5 but it is still lower than the UK version. The Inbetweeners UK has an 8.5 on imdb whereas the US version has a 3.7. I could go on comparing them but the proof is really in the pudding. In every case, the UK version has been received by the public better, in my opinion has had better writing and direction. You really cannot remake British TV shows because our style is just so different to our cousins across the pond, as I said things get lost in translation. A remake can never be as good as the original especially as, with shows like these, there is no need to remake them! It is rather annoying when America tries to remake our programmes when they are never going to be able to do them justice.
LatinaGirl8894

Pro

LatinaGirl8894 forfeited this round.
kitten1504

Con

kitten1504 forfeited this round.
LatinaGirl8894

Pro

I would have to disagree with my opponent on this. The US remake was better than the UK version by a long shot. I think this version is better because the characters are more relatable than in the UK version. Personally I think that UK shows try a little bit to hard to be cool. They turn out bad because you can tell that they are trying to be popular and make the shows hits. Our style of TV shows is what makes them good compared to everything else.

The US version may have a lower score on IMDB but they have amazing viewing whenever the show is on. They continue to get higher as the show gets more well known by more and more people.
kitten1504

Con

kitten1504 forfeited this round.
LatinaGirl8894

Pro

Previous argument still stands
kitten1504

Con

kitten1504 forfeited this round.
Posted by kitten1504 2 years ago
kitten1504
guys, she's talking about the tv show...
Posted by Unitomic 2 years ago
Unitomic
I agree with DMDemo. I would also try to quickly define "quality of life" in the opening round. Different people have different ideas what what makes up a good life
Posted by DMDemo 2 years ago
DMDemo
The title of the debate is a bit ambiguous.

I would suggest "Quality of life is better in America than that of the UK"