CollegeIsMyLife
Truth_seeker

Being in a casual relationship is better than a marriage

Truth_seeker

CollegeIsMyLife

Pro

I believe people should not get married its the same thing as a casual relationship but there is no ring. I mean lets be honest here everything that happens in a casual relationship occurs in a marriage as well!
Truth_seeker

Con

I believe marriage is better than a casual relationship

Being in a marriage is better than being in a casual relationship as being married shows you are committed to the relationship. In a marriage, it takes a lot of patience, loyalty, commitment, and love than a causal relationship. Casual relationships will fall apart eventually and shows that they aren't serious in committing to the person. In a marriage, you both live together for life.
CollegeIsMyLife

Pro

Although I see where you are coming from I have to agree to disagree, in a casual relationship people break up but in a marriage the break is a divorce which is worse to encounter, relationship experts say 59% of young married couples divorce down the line and according to the national center for health statistics 60% of married couples eventually get divorced... I mean lets be honest here in a casual relationship you still have the same amount of commitment, people are still living together the only thing that differs them is a ring think about before marriage your dating (casually) loving each other (casually) when your in the fianc" stage (casually dating) and to top all this off people are still cheating while married, married couples are divorcing etc. so explain how that does not connect or have similarities to a casual relationship?
Truth_seeker

Con

According to a source, the reason marriages fail is because there is no real connection involved and both people are not working as one (1). Casual relationships are bound to break up sooner or later and cheating can still exist in casual relationships. If you get in a casual relationship, your wasting your time as there really won't be anything to learn with the quality of time you spend. Not to mention the risk of abuse when coming to physical attachments at an immature stage.

1. http://living.msn.com...
CollegeIsMyLife

Pro

CollegeIsMyLife forfeited this round.
Posted by Gwydion777 3 years ago
Gwydion777
You say that one shouldn't be looked at better than the other yet your debate title says that being in a casual relationship is better than marriage. HYPOCRITE ALERT.
Posted by CollegeIsMyLife 3 years ago
CollegeIsMyLife
exactly didn't stay it was wrong just saying casual dating and marriage have similarities and one shouldn't be looked at better than the other ... missed my timing to debate my opponent but y'all get the jest of what I had to say!
Posted by ArcTImes 3 years ago
ArcTImes
He didn't say that marriage is wrong, he only said that casual > marriage.
Posted by Gwydion777 3 years ago
Gwydion777
Look. Just because two people aren't happy with their marriage, doesn't mean marriage is wrong. That is logically RETARDED. People who aren't happy with marriage have their own opinions about marriage. Period. Some people get married for the wrong reasons, which will lead only to a wrong marriage. Now I am not saying that casual relationships get you no-where, but marriage is completely different from them.
Posted by CollegeIsMyLife 3 years ago
CollegeIsMyLife
Gwydion,
This has nothing to do with me or people around, I'll in fact have you to know I'm surrounded by many long lasting marriage's, as well as few fatal ones and also couples who live together, love each other, have a family and been together for 15 plus years and they are not married! this debate was something I was doing in reference into getting my feel around this debate thing... but lets state a few other facts married couples cheat so explain how that benefits those vows? researchers have proved that the percentage of marriages has dropped tremendously and more so all that being ONE means nothing when people wake up everyday feeling different!
Posted by Gwydion777 3 years ago
Gwydion777
Dear CollegeIsMyLife,
Do people have successful marriages where you come from, because it sounds to me you don't know what marriage is. Marriage is one of the most beautiful relationships you can be in. Casual relationships are for pleasure. Marriage, on the other hand, is not for pleasure. When you get married you are choosing to live with the person you love more than yourself forever. If you listen to the vows of a wedding the pastor says, "Til' death you part." That's because when you get married the two become one. ONE. It is such a commitment that most can't handle it. You said it yourself, most of marriages in young people don't last. It is because in this day and age people get married because they fall in love, not because they choose to love.

I hope this helps everyone see the flawed thinking in the Pro's argument. Vote for Con!
Gwydion777
Vote Placed by lannan13 3 years ago
lannan13
CollegeIsMyLifeTruth_seekerTied
Vote Placed by Phoenix61397 3 years ago
Phoenix61397
CollegeIsMyLifeTruth_seekerTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro forfeited, while con gave better arguments and the only source.