Truth_seeker
Aerogant

Being in a relationship with a non-Christian is not a sin

Truth_seeker
Voting Style: Open with Elo Restrictions Point System: 7 Point

Truth_seeker

Pro

Non-Christians are welcome to debate, but they must only use the Bible and stay on topic. I argue that being with a non-Christian is permitted in Scripture.

First round acceptance.
Aerogant

Con

The bible strictly wants you to follow god, only god - if it isn't god, you're a sod. Considering that the zealots that follow the bible word by word would murder you and your heretic mate, I'd say with certainty that there's a reason why this book lead them to believe what they believed. You can pick and choose parts of the book that argue your position, but keep in mind that the entire bible is designed for cherry-picking, hence why the ideas it said before are contradicted by later ideas. It's just an allegorical phantasmagoria of wisdom that supersedes itself at times. Hence why if you look at the 10 commandments, you can tell that they were running out of commandments, so they just said something they already said slightly differently.
Truth_seeker

Pro

That has no relevance to the discussion.

Exodus 34:10-16 "10 And He said: "Behold, I make a covenant. Before all your people I will do marvels such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation; and all the people among whom you are shall see the work of the Lord. For it is an awesome thing that I will do with you. 11 Observe what I command you this day. Behold, I am driving out from before you the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Hittite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite.12 Take heed to yourself, lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land where you are going, lest it be a snare in your midst. 13 But you shall destroy their altars, break their sacred pillars, and cut down their wooden images 14 (for you shall worship no other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God), 15 lest you make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land, and they play the harlot with their gods and make sacrifice to their gods, and one of them invites you and you eat of his sacrifice, 16 and you take of his daughters for your sons, and his daughters play the harlot with their gods and make your sons play the harlot with their gods."

Deuteronomy 7:1-4 "When the Lord your God brings you into the land which you go to possess, and has cast out many nations before you, the Hittites and the Girgashites and the Amorites and the Canaanites and the Perizzites and the Hivites and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than you, 2 and when the Lord your God delivers them over to you, you shall conquer them and utterly destroy them. You shall make no covenant with them nor show mercy to them. 3 Nor shall you make marriages with them. You shall not give your daughter to their son, nor take their daughter for your son. 4 For they will turn your sons away from following Me, to serve other gods; so the anger of the Lord will be aroused against you and destroy you suddenly."

These commandments were given so that Israel would not mix with other pagan nations and defile the Jewish bloodline for the Messiah, but after his coming, there was no need to make a distinction between Jew and Gentile.

1 Corinthians 7:12-16

"12 But to the rest I, not the Lord, say: If any brother has a wife who does not believe, and she is willing to live with him, let him not divorce her. 13 And a woman who has a husband who does not believe, if he is willing to live with her, let her not divorce him. 14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband; otherwise your children would be unclean, but now they are holy. 15 But if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases. But God has called us to peace. 16 For how do you know, O wife, whether you will save your husband? Or how do you know, O husband, whether you will save your wife?"

1 Corinthians 7:39 "39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord."

The phrase "In the Lord" has a quite different meaning than what we perceive.

Eph. 6:1 "1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right."

We are not to obey our parents only when we are Christians, but because of God.

Another commonly quoted passage is

2 Corinthians 6:11-18

11 " O Corinthians! We have spoken openly to you, our heart is wide open. 12 You are not restricted by us, but you are restricted by your own affections. 13 Now in return for the same (I speak as to children), you also be open.

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 16 And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? For you are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

"I will dwell in them
And walk among them.
I will be their God,
And they shall be My people."

17 Therefore

"Come out from among them
And be separate, says the Lord.
Do not touch what is unclean,
And I will receive you."
18 "I will be a Father to you,
And you shall be My sons and daughters,
Says the Lord Almighty."

Some point this to say that dating unbelievers is a sin, but this passage is speaking of refusing to unite with unbelievers in preaching false gospels.

Thus there are no scriptures used to support the notion that dating/marrying non-believers is forbidden.
Aerogant

Con

For people that believe in this so called god, you don't seem to care how much you butcher his supposed writing with your premature interpretation that you purposely butcher to support your own butchered idea of reality.

What part of you does not comprehend "the bible is not a straight answer; it's a body of wisdom that changes like water throughout its passages, like water; IT'S THE ARTIFACT OF CHERRY-PICKING - HAVING FACT IN ARTIFACT DOES NOT MAKE IT A FACT, BUT IT IS INDEED AN ART."

Thus I say you cannot argue a multi-faceted tool! This is called turning the bible into monkey poo! Do you want to turn the bible into monkey poo? Then I highly suggest you to stop trying to pick pieces out of the bible like monkeys pick poo out of their butt holes!
Truth_seeker

Pro

you failed to respond to these verses, nevertheless i will refute your claims:

"For people that believe in this so called god, you don't seem to care how much you butcher his supposed writing with your premature interpretation that you purposely butcher to support your own butchered idea of reality."

I simply pointed out observations in Scripture on historical and theological context. You did not prove that i butchered his Word.

"What part of you does not comprehend "the bible is not a straight answer; it's a body of wisdom that changes like water throughout its passages, like water; IT'S THE ARTIFACT OF CHERRY-PICKING - HAVING FACT IN ARTIFACT DOES NOT MAKE IT A FACT, BUT IT IS INDEED AN ART."

You have not shown how it changes. In fact, biblical hermeuntics helps us figure out what the authors originally said (1). If i am cherry-picking then please point out a Scripture to prove your claim.

You presented no evidence for your claims, therefore they are baseless.

1. http://en.wikipedia.org...
Aerogant

Con

It's your interpretation of his supposed word, therefore you are talking for this supposed god - stop back talking your god, sir! It's a very inadequate way of proving your holy endeavor! Do you want to treat your god like a cloud, sir? Do you want your cloud to be a puffy patch of fluffiness? I thought your god was violent and serious about life and holiness? Why do you treat god like a little girl treats poor ken! That poor ken doll! He doesn't want to wear a skirt damn it! That girl is so evil! Why are you so evil to this god when they supposedly make your life worth living to live by a book that is based on the death of trees and plants? Those poor trees! Why does god not like trees? First you have paper, then you have the forbidden trees and em' forbidden fruits, what's next!? Broccoli is no longer holy!? Is that why kids don't eat their broccoli? This god already spoke to them and said "if it's green, it's not pristine!".

There is like this passage in the bible that says you should not wear silk, fur, something like that, but then later on it says the opposite - there's going to be contradictions because the book was written by regular men who believed to have connections with a god, like I believe to have connections with the Universe. Eye witness accounts probably were hyped up on mushrooms anyways, so it would be best to ignore them. The red eyes people saw weren't demons, it was random people on mushies entering their home thinking it's god's palace! Mushies are so powerful, even Mario shows what they can do! Why does your god prefer mushrooms over trees! I don't understand! Wait, I think I get it... Trees don't glow, but mushrooms do! Does god live in mushrooms? Does he make faeries pregnant? Please tell me more about your cherry-picking adventures, Adam! I'm calling you Adam because you always talk for him, so I suspect that you're actually Adam from another past life, right?
Truth_seeker

Pro

"It's your interpretation of his supposed word, therefore you are talking for this supposed god - stop back talking your god, sir! It's a very inadequate way of proving your holy endeavor! Do you want to treat your god like a cloud, sir? Do you want your cloud to be a puffy patch of fluffiness? I thought your god was violent and serious about life and holiness? Why do you treat god like a little girl treats poor ken! That poor ken doll! He doesn't want to wear a skirt damn it! That girl is so evil! Why are you so evil to this god when they supposedly make your life worth living to live by a book that is based on the death of trees and plants? Those poor trees! Why does god not like trees? First you have paper, then you have the forbidden trees and em' forbidden fruits, what's next!? Broccoli is no longer holy!? Is that why kids don't eat their broccoli? This god already spoke to them and said "if it's green, it's not pristine!"

You commit the logical fallacy of ad hominem and nothing you said refuted my argument. I will refute yours now:

1. I'm not backing talking God, i'm only back-talking you

2. He is serious about life and holiness.

Nothing you say makes sense

"There is like this passage in the bible that says you should not wear silk, fur, something like that, but then later on it says the opposite - there's going to be contradictions because the book was written by regular men who believed to have connections with a god, like I believe to have connections with the Universe. Eye witness accounts probably were hyped up on mushrooms anyways, so it would be best to ignore them. The red eyes people saw weren't demons, it was random people on mushies entering their home thinking it's god's palace! Mushies are so powerful, even Mario shows what they can do! Why does your god prefer mushrooms over trees! I don't understand! Wait, I think I get it... Trees don't glow, but mushrooms do! Does god live in mushrooms? Does he make faeries pregnant? Please tell me more about your cherry-picking adventures, Adam! I'm calling you Adam because you always talk for him, so I suspect that you're actually Adam from another past life, right?"

You did not prove verses or sources to support your claims.
Aerogant

Con

666. You're back-talking god by putting your sinful dick in his mouth. You just vomit out assertions with no proof to your claims. That's the only thing you have in common with god - you **** it up, instead of fixing it because you cannot accept that you're a **** up. Why do you think god is "up", it's because he's a **** up. Why do you think the devil is down? Because 1. The devil is actually god's wife, hence the "burning bush" and "going down" on god. Also females are down with just about anything, so that's why the devil is "down". God's world is backwards, it's supposed to be "lived", not "devil". Heaven is actually Nevaeh, an ancient term that has been modernized since called "nivious", which means blinded by the snow; snow means your emotions are frozen and death - god is emotionless and full of death.

Wow, I know more about your god than you do! And I still do not read a book and assume my interpretation of it is at all correct! I feel sorry for you, cherry-picker. You have not learned the ways of saying your grace before playing with your food!
Truth_seeker

Pro

aha, i almost want to laugh at your emotional remarks. anyways

what you just said made no sense and failed to support your position that being in a relationship with a non-Christian is a sin. None of what you said is supported by Scripture or by any evidence in history.

"Wow, I know more about your god than you do! And I still do not read a book and assume my interpretation of it is at all correct! I feel sorry for you, cherry-picker. You have not learned the ways of saying your grace before playing with your food!"

Well by the way your responding, it doesn't look like it. Like i said, you have not proven it by quoting one Scripture that goes against what i said.
Aerogant

Con

I have already proven it in another way. There are extremists. These extremists follow the book word for word. The extremists will burn non-faithful people based on the OT. There in lies the contrast you fail to understand. If the book did not contain as you say, the extremists would be on your side, no? I have managed to argue your book without using the book by using a more powerful system of analysis: process elimination. Understand the extremist - understand the book.

I'm not a bible reader, but even I can see how unhealthy it is to keep making pointless arguments based off of it by cherry-picking passages in the book. If you have nothing worthy of arguing, then stay stupid. There's no reason for you to ruin a perfectly allegorical literature by forcing people to skip pages just to appease your blood vessels. Nobody cares about your fruitless speculations - the extremists will tell anyone who wants to know the bible word by word as is - you are destroying a work of art by turning it into a toy for your own inner monkey's amusement.

It's sad that someone who does not take the bible seriously as you do can preserve the artistic value far more than you could ever hope for.
Posted by Truth_seeker 2 years ago
Truth_seeker
About time you showed up Aerogant, lets get on with it
Posted by JasperFrancisShickadance 2 years ago
JasperFrancisShickadance
This will be interesting. I hope that the topic being 'in a CULTURE of a non-Christian (i.e. hip hop) is/is not a sin' comes up too.
Vote Placed by Jellon 2 years ago
Jellon
Truth_seekerAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con only expressed very negative feelings towards others. I'm afraid he's been hurt deeply by someone or indoctrinated to hate.
Vote Placed by Mister_Man 2 years ago
Mister_Man
Truth_seekerAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: Like Truth_Seeker said, "That has no relevance to the discussion." Although I'm not a follower of The Bible, nor do I believe in a God, the debate is assuming the Christian Bible is correct 100%, and disputing The Bible is not part of the argument, and is irrelevant.