druminboy918
laker7745

Being openly gay is ok

laker7745

druminboy918

Pro

People who are gay/lesbian are all the same under the skin. Why should someone tell someone else how to live. Do you change you whole look because someone said that your sense of style is weird? No. Do kill your self just because someone said to over the internet? No. So why should you say that being openly gay/lesbian is "unhuman" or "ungodlike." If you don't remember from your bible studies, god loves all his children no matter what.

When you call someone slang gay words that might be painful, think before you do. now this is not anything against anyone but, if you call someone a "Faggot" it really could hurt that person. What if you were African American and someone called you a "Ni**er?" You wouldn't feel to good after that. What if you were Caucasian and someone called you a "Cracker" or "White boy?" you might get offended from this, so my message is treat people how you want to be treated, and think about calling someone that word in person before you say it over the internet. Some words are hurtful.
laker7745

Con

As a Christian and American I have no problem with someone being gay and I agree with you that we are the same and we are all loved even if we sin, I think the anger and resentment comes with the way it is shoved in other faces, for example I saw the flag raising at Iwo Jima and the American Flag was replaced by the gay pride flag, this really ticked me off, if they want to be accepted then they need to act the same and not force others to accept it, and I think we need to worry less about offending others and more about respecting others, you see if a gay person wants to be gay, hey so be it, just don't force it on me, you have to act normal if you want to be seen as normal, not doing things like disgracing American moments in history.
druminboy918

Pro

druminboy918 forfeited this round.
laker7745

Con

Return arguments?
druminboy918

Pro

druminboy918 forfeited this round.
laker7745

Con

Ok Sir, Thank you for your debate time.
Posted by The_Serb 3 years ago
The_Serb
DAMN right torture those dirty FF"
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
druminboy918laker7745Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I didn't find either arguments convincing to a large degree; there was too much appealing to emotions. Sure, expressing yourself as gay might lead to people calling you a "faggot", but people have a right to freedom of speech, so this is essentially an appeal to emotions. Con basically argued that he personally doesn't want to be around people expressing themselves, which was very unconvincing. He did provide an example, which was uncited, that suggested how being openly gay might be a problem, in regards to other people's feelings. Ergh :/ Conduct to Con for Pro's forfeit.
Vote Placed by Krazzy_Player 3 years ago
Krazzy_Player
druminboy918laker7745Tied