GeminiContractor
Aerogant

Beings do not have the ability to change their futures.

GeminiContractor

GeminiContractor

Pro

From the beginning, far before its existence, a being's destiny is set in stone.
They do not decide their fate, nor do they change it, as they are only capable of making the decisions they consider optimal.

Even if they rely on other participants in their choices, such as a coin, the result will still have been set in stone.
The outcome of the coin toss is decided by many conditions, but the specific conditions that were there when the coin was tossed will produce a set outcome.

Their reasoning for choosing to use the coin and whether or not to follow its result is likely still from them deciding what the most optimal choice is.

You can say that this is akin to a movie (a non-interactive movie mind you); no matter how many times you watch it, the ending will stay the same.

So, beings do not have the ability to change their futures.
Aerogant

Con

As someone who has the whole Universe figured out, I can tell you right now that I can make one move and let it all fall apart at any time I want to - why? My future is not being guarded by a cosmic creatures beyond my stature; snarling, with its breath of space and time weaving in and out of my presence, causing me to feel the interplay of existence and non-existence. Instead, I have a body that can do what it can; and I certainly can **** up my entire ****ing life.
GeminiContractor

Pro

"I can tell you right now that I can make one move and let it all fall apart at any time I want to"
"I have a body that can do what it can; and I certainly can **** up my entire ****ing life."

Yes, one could do such a thing, however, if they did, that means that they were always going to do so, as whatever provoked them to do so would always have provoked them at that moment.

"My future is not being guarded by a cosmic creatures beyond my stature"

It probably isn't being decided by such beings.
However, were those beings to exist, they too would be subject to a future set in stone.

If one analyzes their actions and the causes of those actions, and they keep analyzing until they can no more, they will find that they would make no other decision given the circumstance.
Being that the circumstance would have always happened at that time that it did, they always would have made that decision at that time.
Aerogant

Con

No, because what I'm doing now is snapping cosmically in place - this, right here, is my destiny.

I can throw all of it away and do something against the cosmic pull; if you haven't noticed already there's already 8,000,000,000 people proving your theory wrong by being absolutely worthless, lazy scum.
GeminiContractor

Pro

"No, because what I'm doing now is snapping cosmically in place - this, right here, is my destiny."

You were going to do whatever it is that you're doing from the beginning.

"if you haven't noticed already there's already 8,000,000,000 people proving your theory wrong by being absolutely worthless, lazy scum."

They were going to be that way from the beginning.
The reasons, for them being the way that they are, are many.
They may change, or they may stay the same.
Whatever the result may be, it was always going to happen the way it happens.
Aerogant

Con

Aerogant forfeited this round.
GeminiContractor

Pro

Nothing further.
Aerogant

Con

Aerogant forfeited this round.
Posted by GeminiContractor 2 years ago
GeminiContractor
@Kreakin
Thank you for the information.
Do you know why his account was closed?
Posted by Kreakin 2 years ago
Kreakin
Aerogant's account has been closed by the admins - JFYI.
Posted by GeminiContractor 2 years ago
GeminiContractor
Ah, okay.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
level... My keyboard is off to the side.
Posted by GeminiContractor 2 years ago
GeminiContractor
'Lever' or 'level'?
If lever, what do you mean by that?
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
I don't know what Jacob is on about, but I'm demonstrating a cosmic lever of analysis that he is too selfish to take into consideration.
Posted by GeminiContractor 2 years ago
GeminiContractor
What exactly are you two arguing about?
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
Read in between the lines - or do you want me to get in my learn-your-place-mobile and flatten your head so you can fit in between the lines that way?

You did not contest my statement. There's no "god"; there's only a "Universe". There's no "design"; there's only an "unfinished design".
Posted by JacobDoe 2 years ago
JacobDoe
The concept of transition of evolution from cell division to pregnancy. That's using evolution. The concept of god crafting organisms by hand. That's almost every monotheistic religion. The concept that the gods created all life. That's almost every polytheistic religion. I'm just countering your claim about the egg coming first. Also, the origin of life isn't the egg nor the seed, it's the elements, therefore your argument was not logical therefore irrelevant.
Posted by Aerogant 2 years ago
Aerogant
The egg came first. The seed came first. All origins of life came first.
Vote Placed by Relativist 2 years ago
Relativist
GeminiContractorAerogantTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF.