ZBestDebater
bashgod

Belief In God is Logical

ZBestDebater

ZBestDebater

Pro

I'll start by simply saying one irrefutable truth: At some point, the universe was either created, or it was always there. Now, having this in mind, couldn't have God come by the same way as this? See- If, at one point, the Universe was CREATED, then that means that it came from nothing. God could have come from nothing- and If the Universe was always there, God could've been always there. No matter what you believe, you're logic points to the fact that God's existence is completely possible. Second, Pascal's Wager proves that it's safer to believe in God than to not to. So if it's safer to believe in a God that is possible, and apparently was active in an era around 6000 years ago, and 24-39 people wrote a book about it, then I'm sure one can say it is logical to believe in God.
bashgod

Con

what about physical proof? i have never seen a PHOTOGRAPH of god. take the bible for example. a man comes back to life, and there was a talking SNAKE! have you ever met someone who has died, and come back to life? the bible is over thirty four hundred years old. it could have easily been destroyed and changed to meet radicals' point of views. we are 99% related to prime-apes, so obviously god didn't create us
ZBestDebater

Pro

"what about physical proof?" So apparently you're not a big fan of logic? I'm here to prove, as you can see in the title of this debate, that belief in god is logical. So, I need to prove this through logic, and I have already made 2 points you are yet to disprove.

" i have never seen a PHOTOGRAPH of god. " Have you seen a PHOTOGRAPH of the Big Bang? No. Please don't be so childish, at least not to the point in which you assume anything that isn't photographed by man isn't real.

"a man comes back to life, and there was a talking SNAKE! " First of all, that "Man" was Jesus, and Jesus is the son of God. Do you really think the son of an all-powerful creator is going to die because some humans tortured him? And that talking snake wasn't even a snake... It was a delusion caused by Satan, to trick Adam & Eve to eat the forbidden apple.

"have you ever met someone who has died, and come back to life?" This.. It's just the most broken logic.. Just wow. Have you ever met a Universal-wide electric process? NO! Just because we haven't seen it doesn't mean it's not there and/or didn't exist.

"the bible is over thirty four hundred years old. it could have easily been destroyed and changed to meet radicals' point of views. " Why, just Why, would ANYONE go through the trouble of re-arranging the entire Bible? It's around 2000 pages!

"we are 99% related to prime-apes, so obviously god didn't create us" You can't really say that we're related to apes. That's like me saying, "God is real so belief in him is logical." You can't just say that you're right, so you're right. What if those apes are actually related to us? What if they evolved from humans? Or what if they're... Gasp... Simply animals that are similar to us?!?

You need to realize that we're not arguing whether God is real or not. We're Debating about whether belief in him is a logical choice or not.
bashgod

Con

bashgod forfeited this round.
ZBestDebater

Pro

It's amazing how an Atheist can act so high and mighty, then instantly fall off their stand when hit with the truth.
bashgod

Con

bashgod forfeited this round.
ZBestDebater

Pro

This is getting kind of funny,
bashgod

Con

bashgod forfeited this round.
ZBestDebater

Pro

I'm REALLHY curious on who's going to win,
bashgod

Con

bashgod forfeited this round.
Posted by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
Missionary, click this link. https://en.wikipedia.org...

If you want the short version, just scroll down to the phylogeny of apes.
Posted by OnlineMissionary197 1 year ago
OnlineMissionary197
I'n what way are Humans categorized as Apes
Posted by V5RED 1 year ago
V5RED
Humans ARE apes. Ape is a category of animals that describes many species including humans.
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
Also, why is there an Evolution argument going down in the comments? Evolution does NOT oppose Theism in ANY way. I am a Theist, yet I believe in Evolution (Although I do not believe that Humans Evolved from apes, rather, the other way around). If you needed to argue about Evolution, simply start another Debate.
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
@Dusty118 True. I was really expecting a challenge from this Atheist, he shouldn't have accepted if he can't answer.
Posted by Dusty118 1 year ago
Dusty118
It seems like con isn't confident enough for this debate. If I was doing it, I wouldn't have forfeited a round.
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
Sciguy
Well with the theory of evolution, there is a lot of controversial ideas to it, mostly from religion in general. Really the theory of evolution is a series of changes of a organism, which are quite small changes, over a series of time via thousands if not billions of years.

Now I am a Methodist, and most certainly do believe in JEHOVAH, however I think that after he created the universe he did allow evolution to take play. Humans were not around during the time of Dinosaurs either. But eventually we, man, did come into play.

Now how much evidence is there for all scientists to agree on it? I do not know, but I do know that it is accepted by many a scientist.

Should you want a debate on this topic I would be obliged.
OnlineMissionary197
Sciguy, just to ask on a statement you commented. This could be a question for another debate, but let me ask you, "How much evidence on Evolution is undisputed?" There may be a lot of evidence, but how much is there to where all scientists agree.
Posted by Sciguy 1 year ago
Sciguy
Should you have seen JEHOVAH, you would have burst to flames for the reason that you are man. For one thing sir, evolution did not occur over night, it was a series of small changes over the course of thousands of years.

There may or may not be a God, the big bang theory may have happened and there is a lot of evidence supporting this but no one was there to truely see it! The mind of a human can not percieve the creation of the universe so the more you try to explain what you know and the more you ask is the more you will forever drop into insanity.

So do think next time young bashgod, for goodness sake you said Hitler did nothing wrong. Though he did not bring the idea of the final solution, he did approve it. He never once stepped on the grass of a concentration camp. You would have been killed for your latino ethnicity if you were in Germany at the time! How ignorant are you sir?!? Not only that, he nearly did take over the world.

Til next time sir.
Posted by ZBestDebater 1 year ago
ZBestDebater
Yeah, I was just pointing it out.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 1 year ago
dsjpk5
ZBestDebaterbashgodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con ff many times, so conduct to Pro.
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
ZBestDebaterbashgodTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture