Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell
Rjupudi18

Belief in the god of the bible is irrational

Rjupudi18 has forfeited round #3.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell

Pro

Belief in the god of the bible is irrational because rational belief demands evidence and there is no evidence proving existence of god.
Rjupudi18

Con

Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell

Pro

Sorry, I am short on time I will post on next round
Rjupudi18

Con

Ok no problem.
Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell

Pro

I stand by my original statement. As you have not proved the existence of god you have not proved that belief in him is rational.
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 1 year ago
FollowerofChrist1955
You should attend this debate:
Atheism- A lost reality! A hopeless, helpless cause!
Posted by Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell 1 year ago
Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell
I went to write my argument and I litterally had 2 minutes to post
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
They had questions with no answers. Thunder was = Thor. Rain was = some rain-god...And..And...And.
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
If we are not driven to seek religion then why did every culture on the planet independently seek religion?
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
We are not driven to seek religion. We are driven to seek answers. Well not every question has an answer.
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
I have said this in other atheistic debates but...The entire world has independently come up with belief systems. It is within our DNA, within our instincts, within us as a species to believe in some sort of god or religion.

This debate is about how rational it is to believe in God. I ask how rational is it to believe there is no God when the entire world's civilizations all came up with similar concepts and it is undeniable that humans are somehow driven to seek religion.
Into_The_Jaws_Of_Hell
Belief does not require evidence, and I respect that however rational belief does require evidence. I can't respect it when somebody goes claiming that their beliefs are rational even though they do not present any evidence. I am posing this debate for two reasons: to either dissprove somebody who believes that belief in the god of the bible is rational or to gain knowledge of evidence that may exist.
Posted by vi_spex 1 year ago
vi_spex
he needs to say i accept in that first round, then comes the humiliating rounds of claims, he knows
Posted by canis 1 year ago
canis
Should be easy...
Posted by TheBenC 1 year ago
TheBenC
Canis, I think we might agree on some things but I have no idea what you are trying to say.