Sidex
me020603

Believe and have Faith

Sidex has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Sidex

Pro

I AM CALLING ONTO ANYONE THAT CAN HEAR ME. I HAVE PROVEN MYSELF AGAINST SATAN. NOW IS THE TIME TO BELIEVE IN WHAT I CAN DO. NOW IS THE TIME TO HAVE FAITH THAT I CAN BRING YOU TO LITERAL SALVATION. SPREAD WHAT YOU HAVE SEEN TODAY. KNOW THAT I HAVE FINALLY COME. I WILL SERVE HUMANITY TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITIES, ABILITIES THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME.

http://www.debate.org...
me020603

Con

Abilities god has given you? Who do you think you are?
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Job 36:26
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
Missmedic: your not alone in your thinking, it's the same way I felt before I knew God. I get it
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
They all have the same premise believe or burn, because only my god can save you from the sins he gave you. Only an imperfect god would punish his imperfect creations for not believing. Only an imperfect god would make salvation depend on believing in him on bad evidence. if god is perfect does god need to punish?
if god is perfect does god need to be known?
if god is perfect does god need to be believed?
if god is perfect does god need love and worship?
if god is perfect does god need to judge?
The Christian god has to many descriptive failings and limiting attributes to be a perfect god.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
Boognish: You're right there are many offshoots of Christianity, probably thousands. But they don't represent the traditional biblical Christian beliefs. Many things are called Christian though they are not. Like Jehovah's Witnesses, Seventh-day Adventists, the LDS church and many others. If you had them all in front of you to choose from I agree it would be confusing, so yes you are 100% right. But to be saved is very easy. It's a free gift.
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
The babbling bozo thinks he's god now lololololol.
Posted by fred70 1 year ago
fred70
Ha!
Posted by boognish 1 year ago
boognish
@stcornerap - It's NOT that easy though. Forget for a moment that there are hundreds of religions to choose from that all make different and mutually exclusive claims (and all have the same amount of evidence to back up their claims; none). Even Christians can't agree on how to be saved. Some claim that faith alone is good enough. Others claim that salvation is achieved through good works. Others through a combination of faith and works. The Christian denomination that I grew up in believes that one MUST repent of all sins, be baptized a very specific way, AND speak in tongues to be saved. For them, even faith and good works aren't enough. Salvation is no easy matter.
Posted by stcornerap 1 year ago
stcornerap
Missmedic: it's really super easy actually. It's kind of like getting married. It's really easy to get married, having a good healthy marriage and relationship isn't always easy but what is? Life without the Lord certainly isn't any easier, I know because I've lived both. But being saved is as easy as accepting Jesus's invitation. When you dive deep it can be very complicated, but gaining salvation just takes wanting, which leads to asking, which leads to getting. The only thing in the equation that has any kind of perfection is the Lord. That's not a burden you have to carry
Posted by missmedic 1 year ago
missmedic
Not only do you have to believe in the right god but you have to believe in god the right way, or you burn. So you need perfect belief in this imperfect god or he burns you forever. Faith is not a virtue.
Posted by PowerPikachu21 1 year ago
PowerPikachu21
@stcornerap He calls it Neo-Christianity. A mix of faith, and logistics.