CatherineMorland
Omniscient_Debater

Bella Hadid or Gigi Hadid

Omniscient_Debater has forfeited round #4.
Started: 7/4/2016 Category: Fashion
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

CatherineMorland

Pro

I shall be arguing that Bella Hadid is the prettier Hadid sister...this is a light hearted debate ;)
Omniscient_Debater

Con

CatherineMorland

Pro

Ok let's just say for starters Bella Hadid has such a high fashion, elfin look while Gigi Hadid has a baby face and lots of blonde hair there isn't anything really exciting about her face.
However, don't even get me started on Bella's cheekbones and her killer style.... Gigi Hadid's eyebrows have been so plucked they go ABOVE her eyebrow ridge, and honestly I don't like how she can date so many guys, dump one and find anothe
It started with Cody Simpson, Joe Jonas, Zayn Malik
wow.
However, Bella Hadid has struck true to her guy the Weeknd... :)
I'm litrally jsut waiting to see the headlines "GIGI HADID AND ZAYN MALIK BREAK UP"
Omniscient_Debater

Con

Thank you, Pro, for accepting this debate.

Now onto the debate.

A noteworthy issue I must address with this debate is that whether someone is "pretty" or not is entirely subjective, and there is no right or wrong when it comes to who is prettier between x girl and y sister of x girl, and because this is a crucial inadequacy in your argument, I shall only argue that there is no objective way to to determine who is prettier between the two.

"Ok let's just say for starters Bella Hadid has such a high fashion, elfin look while Gigi Hadid has a baby face and lots of blonde hair there isn't anything really exciting about her face.
However, don't even get me started on Bella's cheekbones and her killer style.... Gigi Hadid's eyebrows have been so plucked they go ABOVE her eyebrow ridge,"

The central flaw that lies within this argument is that Pro tries to apply their own guidelines as to what is pretty and what is not, but the reality of those situation is that personal opinions do not count as sufficient contentions. Some may agree with you that Bella is prettier, and others, like me, will disagree and say Gigi is prettier, and no matter who someone agrees with, they are entitled to their opinion. Some people may find Gigi to be more attractive because of her "blonde hair, baby face, raised eyebrows, etc."

To make matters more intense, you have the Burden of Proof, meaning that you must show that Bella Hadid is objectively more pretty than Gigi, and not just more pretty by your own logic and personal opinions.

Pro's next argument is completely absurd.

"and honestly I don't like how she can date so many guys, dump one and find anothe
wow.
However, Bella Hadid has struck true to her guy the Weeknd... :)"

This isn't proof that Bella is prettier. How does the amount of guys one dates have to do with how pretty someone is. Personality could be a factor to that, but honestly, I have no idea why you brought this up. However, I will expand upon this point if you go where I think you're going with this.
CatherineMorland

Pro

My opponent has not obeyed the guidelines of this debate
Quote:
"this is a light hearted debate ;)"
Please take this into account voters
Nor has my opponent successfully substantiated why Gigi Hadid is physically more attractive and of better character than Bella.....
Omniscient_Debater

Con

My opponent cannot expect me to know what they meant when they said "light-hearted". They never stated a rule that there couldn't be kritiks, they only simply stated that it was light hearted, which could mean anything. It could have meant there was supposed to be no aggravation in the debatex, and without being specific, Pro's point is moot.

I do not have to prove that she is objectively prettier, you have the BoP to show that Bella is objectively prettier. You only used your opinions as arguments, and I can counter them by saying that blonde hair is attractive, her baby face is cute, and that her raised eye brows are beautiful, because they are also opinions.

Since you have the BoP, you must prove that your opinions are more substantial than mine.

As previously stated, Pro is just being plain unfair, but even then, their arguments are just baseless opinions and all I have to do is contradict them to at least get a tie, because so far, there is no evidence that shows that their opinion is superior to mine.
CatherineMorland

Pro

My opponent and voters I suggest you see this links (if they work) with these images i reiterate my statement that my opponent has failed to respond: Bella Hadid is prettier than Gigi Hadid

https://pmcwwd.files.wordpress.com...
http://d3lp4xedbqa8a5.cloudfront.net...
http://cliqueimg.com...
http://thezoereport.com...
http://media4.popsugar-assets.com...
https://c1.staticflickr.com...
http://i.dailymail.co.uk...
http://media1.popsugar-assets.com...
Posted by epicemmy9 6 months ago
epicemmy9
Since you said this was a light-hearted debate, I'm going to have to say that I think Gigi is prettier. Bella's high cheekbones make her look sulky. Also, her pale face and dark hair combination makes her look kind of sallow and wan at times. Gigi has cheekbones, but they're not too sharp, unlike Bella's. Also, her tan skin and blonde hair are gorgeous in my opinion.

Obviously they're both pretty tho, as they are both famous models.
Posted by epicemmy9 6 months ago
epicemmy9

Posted by Omniscient_Debater 1 year ago
Omniscient_Debater
I am sorry I couldn't continue. I left the site out of depression.
Posted by CatherineMorland 1 year ago
CatherineMorland
None taken
it is supposed to be a light-hearted debate
light-hearted as from dictionary.com:

amusing and entertaining.
"a light-hearted speech"
(of a person) cheerful or carefree.
synonyms:carefree, cheerful, cheery, happy, merry, glad, playful, jolly, jovial, joyful, jocund, gleeful, ebullient, high-spirited, lively, perky, blithe, bright, sunny, buoyant, vivacious, bubbly, effervescent, jaunty, bouncy, breezy; More
optimistic, positive;
easy-going, free and easy, happy-go-lucky, in good spirits, untroubled, genial;
entertaining, amusing, funny, comic, humorous, chucklesome, witty, mirthful, diverting;
informalchirpy, upbeat;
datedgay;
archaicfrolicsome
"light-hearted banter"
antonyms:miserable, gloomy, serious, solemn
Posted by Omniscient_Debater 1 year ago
Omniscient_Debater
That's still subjective, no offense.
Posted by CatherineMorland 1 year ago
CatherineMorland
But do check the pictures
Posted by CatherineMorland 1 year ago
CatherineMorland
What a brilliant idea
Posted by Omniscient_Debater 1 year ago
Omniscient_Debater
It isn't, but I won't waste my time doing it here, wait until my next argument.
Posted by CatherineMorland 1 year ago
CatherineMorland
Your point is pointless within this debate
Posted by Omniscient_Debater 1 year ago
Omniscient_Debater
You're missing my point here.