PatriotPerson
Kumquatodor

Ben Affleck will make an okay (if not good) Batman.

PatriotPerson

PatriotPerson

Pro

Ben Affleck has recently been announced as the new Batman. I will be debating that he will make a fine Bats, and my opponent will try to counter me and eventually make me lose. First round=acceptance.

Kumquatodor

Con

PatriotPerson

Pro

First of all, Ben is known to be a good actor and director. Take recent successes like Argo and The Town, for example.

Secondly, you might argue that Ben was bad as Daredevil. I am not disagreeing with this, but what is needed to be realized is that Daredevil came out ten years ago, in 2003. Thus, Ben has had ten whole years to better up his acting and directing skills in the superhero genre. Also, the failure of Daredevil wasn't really Ben's fault. Ben did the best with the script and director he was provided with, and neither of those did very well.

The movie Ben is set to be Batman in is the upcoming 2015 crossover film, Batman vs. Superman, which is the sequel to Man of Steel. The director of Man of Steel was Zach Snyder, and we know he can and will be a good director. We also have producers like David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan that we know can make it great.

Well, that's all I have for now, next I will just counter Con's arguments.
Kumquatodor

Con

Ben is known to be a good actor and director.
Ben is a good DIRECTOR, but his acting skills are average. He has done good acting, but think of all the bad acting he has done. Because he is working alongside the likes of Amy Adams, Russel Crow, and Henry Cavill, average acting is not good enough.

Ben has had ten whole years to better up his acting and directing skills in the superhero genre.
Being Batman requires acting in 3 roles: Bruce Wayne, Batman in the Batcave, and Batman.

He hasn't done much in the playboy/carefree acting, and his dramatic acting is OK at best. Can he do both acting together? I haven't been showed that he can.

Also, the failure of Daredevil wasn't really Ben's fault.
Agreed. While his acting wasn't the best, he was NOT the downfall of that movie. Watch the Director's Cut. I would say that the Director's Cut was a GOOD movie.

The director of Man of Steel was Zach Snyder
This might be a problem. The conflict may arise between Ben (experienced director) and Zach.

My argument: THE AFFLECK CHIN! THE HORROR!

PatriotPerson

Pro

Mister Sir Kumquat Jr., (or whatever you told me to call you), your argument is filled with opinions. You say, "his acting skills are average." This is only an opinion, bro. While I will even admit that my arguments can be full of opinions, other people's opinions are the ones that really count. And those people cannot make solid and worthy opinions until they actually SEE the movie.

In your second paragraph, you also bring up onions. I have already explained what really matters in opinions.

You agreed with me in the third, so I can't really argue there. However, you bring up the Director's Cut. That is just editing of the original material, so in a way, it is just the same as Daredevil.

In your fourth paragraph, you state that a conflict between Ben and Zach may arise. However, you need to realize that Ben is the actor and Zach is the director. Therefore, their skills should not conflict. And, given that Man of Steel is taken to be fairly good, Batman VS. Superman won't be a flop.

Finally, you argue about Ben's chin. I must say, that was a little funny. However, a chin cannot spoil a part. I understand that Ben has some kind of beard-y facial hair (full beard or whiskers, I don't know which one he currently has). This is an easy fix. Have you ever heard of shaving? It's a thing people do. You know, to get the hair OFF of chins.

It may also be the butt-chin you are referencing (if you don't know what I mean by butt-chin, it is a more immature way of saying "chin dimple"). Butt-chins can easily be healed, by this thing called movie Make-Up. Just about EVERY actor in EVERY movie has to wear movie make-up in order to further resemble the character they are portraying.
Kumquatodor

Con

Mister Sir Kumquat Jr., (or whatever you told me to call you)
I prefer you refer to me with my full title:

His Llama-ness Mister Sir Kumquat the Awesome
Jr. III 1/2 FROM 'MERICA! I forgive you for your ignorance.
_________
However, you need to realize that Ben is the actor and Zach is the director.
I realize this, but I fear that Ben might want to "help" Zach. This could become catastrophic.
______________________________________________________________________________
About the Affleck Chin: I like it. It looks cool. However, it is a very distinct chin. Even with make-up, it will be noticeable as Affleck's chin. With his rather dubious acting career, it may become distracting to have Superman VS. Ben Affleck in a cowl.
___________________________________
About acting: I do not believe Affleck is a bad actor per se, but his acting is well known as hit-or-miss. Daredevil? Miss. Town? Hit. All his roles exhibit this. People seem split on his acting, but everyone agrees that he is a talented director.

Now. I have heard that the town was a good example of him playing a more "violent" character well. I will take peoples' word on that. However, he has also has to be a playboy billionare, and an angsty character all in the same movie. Can he keep these multiple facets of Batman straight?

I have seen no indication he can.
PatriotPerson

Pro

Haha no. I'm not calling you all of that. I'll just call you Fruit.

1. Ben is not a stinking plastic bag of jerk-weeds. He is not going to try to help Zack. No sane actor would do so. Ben has had experience in the field of acting for quite a long time now, and he, as anyone should, has definitely come to know that actors and directors should mine their own business and do their own job. The director's job is to tell people what to do and tell when to start and stop scenes. The actor's job is to DO what the director tells them to do, and either start or stop acting when the scene starts and stops, respectively.

2. I don't get how a chin is such a big issue. Everyone has chins. You have a chin, I have a chin, Ben Affleck has a chin, and Batman has a chin. At least Ben HAS a chin. The chin shouldn't even matter. I'm sure no one will mind or even pay attention to a CHIN.

3. Most times, an actor's acting is not their fault. Their acting abilities are set by the directors and producers, by writing the script and telling actors what to do. Actors try their best to do good with what they have (most of them), but sometimes, since the directing is bad, the acting seems bad. Also, most will tell you that Ben acted very well in films like "Argo" and "Good Will Hunting".

4. If you have seen no indication that he can, I highly suggest you watch more of his movies, read more of his statements, and watch some of his interviews. That will better will help you see what Ben is like as a person, actor, and director.
Kumquatodor

Con

I don't get how a chin is such a big issue
Its not because he has a bad chin; its that he has a DISTINCT chin. Which may become distracting.
_______________________________________________________________________________

I highly suggest you watch more of his movies,
Did you forget All About Steve?

I mean, he has done good, but he's been around for --what?-- twenty years? In this time, though he has done good, there is a reason why he is widely considered a better director than actor.
____________________________________________________________________

And to the most pressing issue:

Everyone has chins.
I only have one chin. And it is quite offensive of you to just assume that everyone has even one chin. My great cousing on my grandfather's side (twice removed) lost his chin is the alpaca attack of '68!
PatriotPerson

Pro

1. What's the big point about this chin thing? Dude, your seriously the ONLY person I've known internet or real-life that seems to care so much about his actor's chin.

2. You say that Ben is better at directing than acting. People do better in different roles. His Batman could be great with a solid script and direction. Remember Heath Ledger being announced as the Joker? People thought that would be horrible, and everyone was like, "He's not gonna act well". Well look what happened there.

3. Cousing? What's a cousing? I believe you meant "cousin". And you are meaning to say that you have more than one chin? What planet are you from? In 1968, there was no alpaca attack. Study your history, bro.
Kumquatodor

Con

Kumquatodor forfeited this round.
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
School has started again, so my debating has taken a crash, as one would could tell from my recent forfeits.

So, PatriotPerson... I guess you and I are 2-0.
Posted by Kumquatodor 3 years ago
Kumquatodor
Please, Mr. Kumquat is my father's name.

Good luck. Nice pic.
Posted by PatriotPerson 3 years ago
PatriotPerson
My second time versing the Kumquatador. Let's see how debate 2 goes, Mr. Kumquat.
Posted by Ragnar 3 years ago
Ragnar
I have to agree with the resolution in the strictest sense, he'll do 'okay.'
Vote Placed by Mikal 3 years ago
Mikal
PatriotPersonKumquatodorTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. He is going to suck balls. He murdered dare devil. Horrid acting and just an all around no. Worst idea anyone has ever had, almost as bad as casting john cena for captain america. At least they were smart enough to shoot that one down
Vote Placed by leojm 3 years ago
leojm
PatriotPersonKumquatodorTied
Reasons for voting decision: FF. Awww, I was so enjoying this. Vote goes to pro for being constant. (once again I don't accept FF)