Sonofkong
joshuaXlawyer

Benevolent Communism is Untried

Con Tied Pro

Sonofkong

Con

I am here to counter the beleif that Communism not led by people with malevolent intentions has never been attempted in the same way democracy and monarchy were once new ideas.
This beleif has been suggested by many beatnicks, peacenicks, weednicks (word made by me) and no-good-nicks to support them getting their own government (resulting Pot-land imagined by the Nostalgia Critic). I do not mean fully benevolent (such a thing doesn't exist) I don't mean sovereign nations (unnoficial soceities count also such as gangs, cults and so on count too) and I don't mean true Communism as envisioned by Karl Marx (degrees of socialism could easily count.)
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

benevolent Communism doesn't exist because communism started with Karl Marx, Also that communism is not socialism but socialism leads to communism. A variety of different forms of communism have developed, each based upon the ideas of different political theorists, usually as additions or interpretations of various forms of Marxism, the collective philosophies of Karl Marx.
Karl Marx and Leon Trotsky are credited with the basic concepts, with a lot of formative input from Vladimir Illyich Lenin, near the beginning of the 20th century.
Without Karl Marx's you cannot have this so called benevolent Communism.
Sonofkong

Con

I am surprised by how people are taking this. I do not support communism yet want to say that the flower child peaceful government created imagined by weed-nicks is nothing new, to counter the "this is a new government" plea pulled by both the Greeks and Romans. My opponent also seems to know absolutely nothing on communism as the original ideas in Karl Marx's Communist Manifesto and Plato's Republic are not evil and are in fact impossibly Utopian. All the malevolent communist governments were so due to corruption.
But now I burst my first choice.
Nepal: Although not fully Communist much of it's government is part of the communist party and it's president (considered right wing) is a democratic socialist. At one point it met the Marxist definition of communist and at no point in recent history has been accused of any civil rights problems and has a surprisingly well Human Development Index for a country with most of it's population in mountain cities too small to have wikipedia pages. It overall fits the flower child dream with monasteries and drugs abundant.
Jonestown (first few years): If you get past the late crimes commited due Jone's drug abuse and mass suicide the early Jonestown was functional and I admit it barely makes it on my list. In it's early years The People's Temple worked socially to give free services such as legal advice and religious duty, and was very racially progressive, only being ruined by a mass murder and some human rights violations only around the level of Scientology.
Venezuala: Much of this country's controversy is unwarranted. With the exception of freedom of the press and a few human rights violations you would find in the most progressive Arab country, there are no major problems with the country honestly trying it's best.
And these are a few of the national communes, that execute the hippie ideal of a benign communist state.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Sonofkong

Con

Out of respect for my opponent and lack of material I forfeit this round also leaving him to create his stratefy. I would like to also like to blow you a rasberry and possibly make an insulting hand gesture but I would like to keep my reputation on such a fine site.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Sonofkong

Con

I must ask if my opponent is high. The only good strategies he can make from this situation is to delay it long enough that people will get bored upon the passing of time, making absolutely no votes or to reappear at the last moment and make the Chewbacca Defense. I condemn his actions if he is to appear at the last moment pleading that he gives me chance to respond in a fair fight, not a backstabbing assasination that makes up 95% of Call of Duty kills.
To prevent his i will add another benevolent communist nation to my list.
Laos: This country is extremely harmless. It is a country developed fully with the internet available and poverty nowhere below average. I also do not think it has been corrupted as has the USSR, especially when you consider that the highest ranking official the president (Choummal Sayasone) has a stub for a wikipedia article ensuring that power is not concentrated in anyones hands.
I finally implore my opponent to respond quickly or else this will be turned from a debate to a lecture. And fight fairly, please.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

joshuaXlawyer forfeited this round.
Sonofkong

Con

I wait for this spectacle to end.
joshuaXlawyer

Pro

I forfeit i don't feel like arguing this topic
Posted by innomen 6 years ago
innomen
I would have liked this debate.
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 6 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
actually i wont im just lost intrest in this debate sorry go condem someone else
Posted by joshuaXlawyer 6 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
actually um its pheonix wright lol and its a cool game pretty fun
Posted by Sonofkong 6 years ago
Sonofkong
Are you trying to imitate the character (who's name I forgot) on your picture. I have to picture that comedically oriented micro-machine man.
Posted by governments_kill 6 years ago
governments_kill
I don't think either side has a clue what they're doing with this debate. I assume that Con wants to talk about cuba maybe Venezuela which is a legit strategy but I have no idea what pro is doing.
Posted by InsertNameHere 6 years ago
InsertNameHere
Interesting debate topic. While communism sounds good on paper, it fails in practice. I could argue about that if that's kinda what you're looking for.
Posted by governments_kill 6 years ago
governments_kill
So you want someone to argue that communism has been corrupted by leaders as opposed to the theory itself being corrupted, but at the bottom of your post you disallow arguments directly from Marxist theory? So what is permissible from your framework?
Posted by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
Benevolent communism has not been tried for the same reason that benevolent pedophilia has not been tried.
Posted by Koopin 6 years ago
Koopin
Jump magic jump!
Posted by Volkov 6 years ago
Volkov
Interesting. I may take this, but give me some time to think it over.
Vote Placed by Sonofkong 5 years ago
Sonofkong
SonofkongjoshuaXlawyerTied
Vote Placed by RoyLatham 6 years ago
RoyLatham
SonofkongjoshuaXlawyerTied
Vote Placed by joshuaXlawyer 6 years ago
joshuaXlawyer
SonofkongjoshuaXlawyerTied