JDiamond
SirSigil

Bernie Sanders Economic Policies Would be Economically Ruinous to the US

Started: 2/17/2016 Category: Economics

JDiamond

Pro

I will be taking the "Pro" position: That Bernie Sanders' economic plans would be economically disastorus for the USA, deliver few of their intended purposes, and display a possible economic illiteracy on part of the Senator and his advisors.

First Round is acceptance and introduction only. This will be a shrt debate, as my schedule makes it difficult for me to do this regularly.
SirSigil

Con

Very well, I'll be taking the Con position from an inductive perspective that is: "Bernie Sander's economic
plans are probably less disastrous for the economy than usual conservative actions."
JDiamond

Pro

I would like to thank you for accepting my argument, SirSigil, but I must apologize. I've made a mistake. I accidentially made the character limit on this debate far too limited to have an intelligent discussion on the topic, while also presenting the proper evidence to our claims. I will make another version of this Debate with the same criteria, but I will raise the character limit significantly. I will make it a closed debate, and invite only you to participate. Since we have gotten all of the niceties out of the way, I will make the first round the opening arguments, as this one would have been.

I thank you for your patience.

SirSigil

Con

SirSigil forfeited this round.
JDiamond

Pro

JDiamond forfeited this round.
SirSigil

Con

SirSigil forfeited this round.
JDiamond

Pro

JDiamond forfeited this round.
SirSigil

Con

SirSigil forfeited this round.
Posted by sakiusa 1 year ago
sakiusa
2015 Federal Budget was $3.5 trillion

Mandatory Spending, which includes Medicare $980 billion and Social Security $1.25 trillion and other spending (veterans, transportation, agriculture) makes up about 2/3rds of the budget. So Bernie is right, we're are already living in a socialist nation. And if we get free medical care, we will need to at least add another trillion dollars to the budget every year to cover for it. Our taxes are going to go up, and spending will go down. Either way, America has a choice to make this election season, are we going to increase government or not.

https://www.nationalpriorities.org...
Posted by JDiamond 1 year ago
JDiamond
DeepinThought: Why don't you take up the debate?
Posted by Heirio 1 year ago
Heirio
Could you quickly fill me in on the basics of Bernie's economic plans?

I'm not sure whether to vote Hillary or Bernie, but I hear that the main difference in their promises are about the economy.
Posted by DeepInThought 1 year ago
DeepInThought
170 Top Economists 'Feel The Bern,' Endorse Bernie Sanders ...
Please copy and paste...
www.inquisitr.com/2709907/170-top-economists-feel-the-bern-endorse...
https://www.linkedin.com......
www.ign.com " Boards " Community Central " The Vestibule
upload.democraticunderground.com/1017325686
samuel-warde.com/tag/170-top-economists-endorse-bernie-sanders
www.democraticunderground.com/12511032322
https://www.rebelmouse.com......
curated-news.com/gossips/celebs-170-top-economists-feel-the-bern...
any questions?