Bernie Sanders has a better chance of beating Donald Trump then Hillary does.

I think Bernie has a better shot at beating out Trump for President. I think Hillary bring too much baggage to the election. I would like to see what policies Hillary has that are better then Bernie's and how she is going to make a difference this time around.

Thank you for the interesting thing

A candidate must show 3 things in order to become a significant threat to the GOP nominee

1. Electiblity

Hillary Clinton is a center right candidate with way higher poll numbers than Bernie Sanders in the democratic polls (1).

click="document.location='/Reformist/photos/album/5791/39437/'" src="../../../photos/albums/1/6/5791/332567-5791-yqdsf-a.jpg" alt="" />

My opponent may bring up that polls vs donald trump, Bernie Sanders is winning. While this is true it forgets one key factor. The moderates. Thats right the key polls showing the results are leaving out the moderates. Now the moderate view on Bernie Sanders is overall negative and would they would rather support a center right nationalist than a socialist

2. Favorability

Bernie Sanders, like ive stated previously, is a socilaist. While he has not had scandals his economic policy and especially his weak foreign policy has been scrutinzed from all spectrums of the political compass, from moderates to democrats to republicans. His economic policy hurts the middle class and especially the poor (2). Quality of healthcare will also fall drasitcally thanks to government interfernce.

Do you really think people will support bernie sanders after they start hearing these attacks, especially when Donald Trump is heading the smear campaign? Nope

3. Experience

Hillary Clinton has served in politcs since 1974 (3). While Sanders has more years he simply lacks the experience in foreign policy and this will hurt him in the long run aginst Donald J Trump. Hes foreign policy experience nothing compared to the years put in to the State Department by Hillary Clinton

Donald Trump or any republican nominee will destroy Bernie because of these simple truths.

Garet forfeited this round.

We will go by your standards, a candidate must show 3 things in order to become a significant threat to the GOP nominee.

The first one is Electability.

Bernie Sanders is a far left wing candidate that is actually beating Hillary Clinton in a lot of democratic polls. In the past, you usually want to be either far right or far left in the democratic polls and then near center, either left or right in the primary to steal as many votes from the republican side. Those times have changed, you want to be as far from center as possible to be able to win the presidency. Things are slowly rotating towards Bernie, what he can likely do in a way that Clinton cannot is win over genuine swing voters, crafting a true Rainbow Coalition that for the first time includes white working class voters.

The second one is Favorability.

When you used socialist, do you mean the American version or the literal version? Socialist try to bring equality to the nation, so I don't see how that will hurt the poor nor the middle class, it will main hurt the upper class or wealthy. The quality of healthcare can't get any worst then it is already. I'm not sure if you have noticed yet, but our economy isn't what it used to be and we are getting crushed by China and India to name a few. I'm more worried about our economy and not so much every other foreign nation, isn't that the UN's job? Foreign Policy is entrenched in big corporations with political support using the military to bully foreign nations into giving resources over to the wealthy to become richer.

The third one is Experience.

I agree that Hillary does have the most experience but Bernie Sanders has more than Donald Trump, and that's really all the matters. Bernie served as a congressman for 16 years in the U.S. House of Representatives and as a senator from 2007 to 2015. That is a huge amount of experience. His foreign policy is similar to those of social democratic parties in Europe, particular those instituted by the Nordic countries. I do believe the Nordic countries has the best economies in the world.

Reformist forfeited this round.
Posted by DBPDX 6 months ago
I agree, but i couldnt vote cuz im not a verified member yet
Posted by ViceRegent 7 months ago
Yes, for Bernie will steal more from the productive to give to the moochers. He is guaranteed the lazy moocher vote.
Posted by BrendanD19 7 months ago
This is just a fact
Vote Placed by Jerry947 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: The sources Con gave helped establish some facts. For example, the link helped establish that Clinton has the most experience. And since that was the only real evidence provided for the claims made in this debate, I have to go with Con. If Pro would have provided some evidence that supported the claims...things might be different. Three claims were made for each candidate. Both debaters argued that their person running for President was more electable, favorable, and more experienced. And again, since Con provided evidence for the experienced part of their argument, I have to say that Con won. Please contact me if there are any questions about my vote.