RepublicanView333
scaryspeaker

Best Canidate for President

RepublicanView333

Pro

First of all I don't care if you are Pro-Con all I want is who you think is the best canidate. Also vote on best debate not if your canidate is one of these b/c it is not likely my canidate or my opponents is going to be the one you support

I believe John McCain is the best canidate suited for the job as U.S. President.

I believe this because of his experience, beliefs and pov's on important topics.

The most important is obviously the War in the Mid East. I don't say just Iraq b/c it isn't only Iraq but Afganistan, Pakistan, and Iran. J.McCain wants to eliminate WMDs in North Korea, Iran and anywhere else they maybe. He supports overthrowing Adinajad and other dictators that pose a threat to us and the world as a whole. He also supports finishing in iraq and getting out of there ASAP, BUT doing our job FIRST.

He is Pro-Life

he wants to take S.S. off budget

John supports the Civil Rights that our country gave each and everyone of us legal citizens but does not support using that right to attack our symbols of what gives them that right.

He supports education and prevention of the drugs and the effects of them.

McCain believes that our national education system is failing our children...our future(me) We trail other countries in math, science, and physics. 40% of 4th graders can't read. John wants to improve that educational system so 100% of fourth graders can read.

John believes strongly in Free Trade and believes in a trade agreement in which any country who will trade fairly can trade, which will strenghthen our country greatly. But he still believes in utilizing national assets we have already.

McCain believes in prosecuting strickly those who use gun violence b/c a innocent life is worth more than a murderers life. He wants to crackdown on gun violence but preserve those same rights for law-abiding citizens.

He also wants to lower taxes. Currently a average tax payer pays 40% of there yearly earnings to the tax man and its not fair. John will lower taxes so everyone keeps more of there money
scaryspeaker

Con

I agree please vote based off of debate skills and formulation of argument alone not based off of your personal preference of candidates.
I decided to tackle this round not by making a new case of how my candidate is better but going off of each of my opponents points and saying how he is better in that perspective. The candidate i am speaking of is Ron Paul."..."=what they say then i will respond underneath

"I believe John McCain is the best canidate suited for the job as U.S. President."

I believe Ron Paul is the best candidate suited for the job as U.S. President

"The most important is obviously the War in the Mid East. I don't say just Iraq b/c it isn't only Iraq but Afganistan, Pakistan, and Iran. J.McCain wants to eliminate WMDs in North Korea, Iran and anywhere else they maybe. He supports overthrowing Adinajad and other dictators that pose a threat to us and the world as a whole. He also supports finishing in iraq and getting out of there ASAP, BUT doing our job FIRST."

To this first off I would like to point out that this debate is on who is the better candidate. You say he is better because of his support for getting rid of WMDs in various countries but fail to address why this is a good thing. The only way you do this is by saying that he wants out of Iraq as soon as the jobs done.

Because of this i have nothing to debate of on the actual subject of our middle eastern presence but rather i will just have to present Pauls view and say why it is the superior one.

First off Ron Paul on contrast is completely against Middle Eastern presence. This is a good thing based of many different ideas. First of which is that our presence in Iraq, Iran etc. is only lowering foreign relations with both middle easterners and our allies like the french. We are losing support for being in there and we are only losing more and more lives. You say we must get "the job done" in Iraq but the fact is our job was to look for WMD's we've done that. Now were completely taking it another step by oppressing our democratic views upon people.

Which leads me right into my second point, America is not meant to be the big brother nation that must look out for others. The fact is its a dog eat dog world and we must look out for ourselves. Also we are founded upon the belief that we should let people practice what they want. Our presence in Iraq and the fight for democracy is completely contradictory to this. WE ARE SHOVING OUR BELIEFS ON OTHERS.

Finally to cover the WMD point. I've kind of covered this in my other points but i must make it clear that if we are to gain presence in mentioned countries that will only anger them making them maybe want to use them and get in a conflict with us. I'd also like to throw in the point of our debt and how high it is that we can not afford anymore spending especially on these things that hurt us anyway.

"He is Pro-Life"
Ron Paul is also semi-pro life. He is against abortion because he thinks its murder thus claiming your advantage there. However he is very diverse thus appealing to both parties and being a greater choice. He is pro drugs which again causes us not to oppress our views upon our own people. They make the choice to do as they wish as long as it is not harming others. This is his view and should be adopted YOU HAVE CONTROL OF YOURSELF NOT THE GOVERNMENT.

"he wants to take S.S. off budget"
So does paul thus claiming this benefit.

"John supports the Civil Rights that our country gave each and everyone of us legal citizens but does not support using that right to attack our symbols of what gives them that right."
Ron paul is also a great supporter of civil rights but he differs from John due to the fact that he does believe it ok to attack our symbols of what gives us this right. John is a complete hypocrite in this sense. Again he is telling people what they should do, whether or not it is reasonable to attack these symbols it should still be allowed.

"He supports education and prevention of the drugs and the effects of them."
Ron Paul to supports the education about drugs and letting people know the harmful effects but he also supports people being able to choose to ruin there lives if they want. Whether or not drugs are a good idea its still should be the persons right to choose and not be controlled by the governemnt.

"McCain believes that our national education system is failing our children...our future(me) We trail other countries in math, science, and physics. 40% of 4th graders can't read. John wants to improve that educational system so 100% of fourth graders can read."
First of all can i see a source for the 40% of 4th graders? Second of all Ron Paul is and always will be an advocater of better education this claiming this advantage as well.

"John believes strongly in Free Trade and believes in a trade agreement in which any country who will trade fairly can trade, which will strenghthen our country greatly. But he still believes in utilizing national assets we have already."
Ron Paul is also a great advocater of Free Trade, actually the strongest of anyone running. So he claims this advantage even to a further extent.

"McCain believes in prosecuting strickly those who use gun violence b/c a innocent life is worth more than a murderers life. He wants to crackdown on gun violence but preserve those same rights for law-abiding citizens."
Paul too follows under this claiming this advantage as well.

"He also wants to lower taxes. Currently a average tax payer pays 40% of there yearly earnings to the tax man and its not fair. John will lower taxes so everyone keeps more of there money"
McCain has actually raised taxes before in a position of power. Ron Paul has never done that and vouches to never do that. Thus I claim this advantage to even a further extent.

In conclusion I have shown where paul is better on disagreeing points and where he further claims agreeing points.
RepublicanView333

Pro

Howdy,

You make a strong case.

But, still McCain is a stronger canidate. He has experience in matters that mattter. Much more than Paul.
i will use ur strategy for counter debating:
On the War:
I didn't think it would need explaining but ofcourse getting rid of WMDs is a good thing. But, It is the strongest case b/c it shows McCain isn't afraid of knocking heads with opponents if they put our country in danger. It also says he supports getting the job done something that Bush clearly counldn't do.

"First off Ron Paul on contrast is completely against Middle Eastern presence. This is a good thing based of many different ideas. First of which is that our presence in Iraq, Iran etc. is only lowering foreign relations with both middle easterners and our allies like the french. We are losing support for being in there and we are only losing more and more lives. You say we must get "the job done" in Iraq but the fact is our job was to look for WMD's we've done that. Now were completely taking it another step by oppressing our democratic views upon people."

You state we are losing lives but that is obvious...ITS WAR...thats what happens in the world we live in you have to understand violence is a part of it and thats that...but that helps McCain. Incase you didn't kno John was stationed in Vietnam. He was taken prisoner. He knows what its like to be in a War that our country doesn't want (im speaking of majority.) This will help him b/c he will bable to handle the pressure w/ a cool head. Something that many canidates couldn't do including George Bush. Now yes we search Iraq for WMDs But we still have Iran to go. The war is nessisary for National security and McCain would only be looking out for our country which obviously Paul wouldn't do.

"Which leads me right into my second point, America is not meant to be the big brother nation that must look out for others. The fact is its a dog eat dog world and we must look out for ourselves. Also we are founded upon the belief that we should let people practice what they want. Our presence in Iraq and the fight for democracy is completely contradictory to this. WE ARE SHOVING OUR BELIEFS ON OTHERS."

We aren't being "big Brothers" to anyone. We are watching our own back. Exactly like you said. First Saddam had WMDs but he disposed of them b4 we could find them. Then we destroyed his tyrant. Not wanting to leave Iraq w/ out a leader we helped them start there own gov and since democracy was ours we passed it to them. Now amadinajad has WMDs and we want to make sure he doesn't use them on us... We are watching our own back. McCain isn't afraid to stand up for his country. That is what is Nessisary for a strong leader.

"Finally to cover the WMD point. I've kind of covered this in my other points but i must make it clear that if we are to gain presence in mentioned countries that will only anger them making them maybe want to use them and get in a conflict with us. I'd also like to throw in the point of our debt and how high it is that we can not afford anymore spending especially on these things that hurt us anyway."

The point in gaining presence is to keep tabs on them so they don't have a free lane to bombing us. Again McCain has the Nations best interests at heart. If we want to get DONE in the Mid east and back home McCain is the best vechicle for the job.

"Ron Paul is also semi-pro life. He is against abortion because he thinks its murder thus claiming your advantage there. However he is very diverse thus appealing to both parties and being a greater choice. He is pro drugs which again causes us not to oppress our views upon our own people. They make the choice to do as they wish as long as it is not harming others. This is his view and should be adopted YOU HAVE CONTROL OF YOURSELF NOT THE GOVERNMENT."

Semi-Pro Life. That means hes Pro Choice. you can't be both. hmmm Pro drugs. Do we really want a presidents who supports our present and future drugging them selves up so our next generation is bunch of druged up hippies...NO...Ron Paul needs the best interest of the Nation at heart but not only the present but future if hes willing to legalize drugs then he doesn't have the nations best interests at heart. As president it is your responsiblility to say...No, you are damaging your self and this country we won't allow you to do it. Once again John McCain is the bettr of the 2

"Ron paul is also a great supporter of civil rights but he differs from John due to the fact that he does believe it ok to attack our symbols of what gives us this right. John is a complete hypocrite in this sense. Again he is telling people what they should do, whether or not it is reasonable to attack these symbols it should still be allowed."

So, you want a president who will let his citizens burn flags and defoul our country. John thinks that its being hypocritical to use a right your country gives you but then go off bashing that country. For Paul to allow it is really "hypocritical" Sounds to me like a father who allows there kid to burn the house down and crash the car and take the privileges the parent gives them and then ruin it for everyone else. Once again McCain comes out 1#

"Ron Paul to supports the education about drugs and letting people know the harmful effects but he also supports people being able to choose to ruin there lives if they want. Whether or not drugs are a good idea its still should be the persons right to choose and not be controlled by the governemnt."

I recently stomped this statement into the ground so please go back and get a backlash. (Go! McCain!)

For the education i got the fact from About.com:U.S. Goverment Info. And if Paul agrees w/ McCain is that really and advantage if McCain stomps him in other catigories.

same for free Trade, gun control, taxes.

And for the taxes In 95, 97 McCain was 1 of only 2 Reps, who wanted to take Social. S. of the budget, and in 96, he led a 10 year fight to enact the Line-Item Veto, so Pres Clint. count curb wasteful congressional spending. He also supporte the Ballanced Budget, and Taxpayer relief acts.

Also since Paul is a Republican even thou his views are slightly liberal, I assume you are a Republican so Here it is McCain is the only Republican Canidate who is beating H.Clinton in the hypothetical vote, further siding that if the superior republican party is to win then McCain is the Best Political vechicle to back.
scaryspeaker

Con

scaryspeaker forfeited this round.
RepublicanView333

Pro

Well, not much to say than I hope notscaryspeaker comes back cuz I always love bashing libertarian heads. But really McCain is the best choice.

McCain was a soldier
McCain knows how to deal with a war noone wants.
McCain Can lead a country the way Paul can't and Hilary Clinton certianly can't

Unscaryspeaker, if your out there...atleast finish this!!!!!!
scaryspeaker

Con

scaryspeaker forfeited this round.
Posted by theaceb 9 years ago
theaceb
That's pretty amazing that you consider Joe Lieberman supporting your candidate is a good thing. Since your opponent
didn't respond, I'd like to rebut some of your statements RepublicanView, because I too am a Ron Paul supporter.

"McCain is the only Republican Canidate who is beating H.Clinton in the hypothetical vote"

Guiliani and Romney are both beating McCain, they have a better chance of beater Clinton.

"Semi-Pro Life. That means hes Pro Choice."

That's certainly not true. What he means by semi pro-choice is that he is against the national government having a role in the issue. He wants the issue decided by the states, but is personally against it.

"McCain knows how to deal with a war noone wants."

Yeah, get out of it...doesn't really sound like McCain's position though.

About drugs and flag burning, doing these things is an individual liberty and choice that the government should not involved in. What individual is directly harmed by another person doing drugs or burning the flag? The president's responsibility is not to tell us we can't do it because it harms us, but to protect our liberty to do it.

Also we are certainly being Big Brother if we invade and destroy nations that do pose a direct immediate threat to us. Iran does not have WMD's now, and Iraq destroyed their WMD's before we went in, completely nullifying any legitimate reason for us going in there.
Posted by spazybanana 9 years ago
spazybanana
I havent been paying to much attention to this presidential canidate stuff and maybe I should be. I would vote for someone that gets rid of No Child Left Behind (its stoooopid) and someone that will ACTUALLY do something about global warming, not just deny it. I dont know about you guys but I live in Montana and seeing Glacier National Park turning into a water park is..well...scary and disturbing. I want to climb mt everest and I want those glaciers to still be there. Is there a canidate that would do that?
Posted by artC 9 years ago
artC
I would vote for him if he was vote-worthy. I don't discriminate against the GOP.
Posted by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
But your a Dem so you wouldn't vote for him anyway
Posted by artC 9 years ago
artC
I'm from arizona and I'm not even supporting McCain. He has gone way down hill in the past couple of years.
Posted by RepublicanView333 9 years ago
RepublicanView333
By the way just today Joe Liebermann the first ever independent to run and win in the senate,and a senator for the GREAT,GREAT,GREAT, state of connecticut, is supporting John McCain in the 08 Elections...yessssss!!!!!
Vote Placed by Mharman 7 months ago
Mharman
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by Lithobolos 9 years ago
Lithobolos
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by Conservative 9 years ago
Conservative
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by tarsjake 9 years ago
tarsjake
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by Rlancer55 9 years ago
Rlancer55
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by solo 9 years ago
solo
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by BronxBomber7 9 years ago
BronxBomber7
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by txgopkid 9 years ago
txgopkid
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by Bigmomma1 9 years ago
Bigmomma1
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied
Vote Placed by Chob 9 years ago
Chob
RepublicanView333scaryspeakerTied