luakil
JohnnyMaboy

Best Cartoon

JohnnyMaboy has forfeited round #2.
Started: 10/2/2016 Category: TV

luakil

Pro

In my honest opinion, I believe Rick and Morty is the best cartoon ever. Is there anyone interested in challenging me?
JohnnyMaboy

Con

I'll challenge you. First debate btw so forgive me if I do something wrong :p

Based on ratings, run time, the writers the show has staffed, and the cultural impact the show has had, the best cartoon ever is The Simpsons. It has a run time of 20+ years, the writers are highly educated, often having degrees from Ivy League schools, and have consistently put out good content for the longest running cartoon series to date.

The show has the money the staff the best people and the characters are easily recognizable, whereas Rick and Morty is fairly obscure and only a sliver of a generation would really know who they are.

It might be a good show, but is it the best? Not when compaired against the giants like the Simpsons
luakil

Pro

If we're talking ratings, then Rick and Morty wins 7 times over, The Simpsons has a high rating of 8.8 on IMDb and 74% rotten tomatoes, but Rick and Morty absolutely crushes The Simpsons with a extremely high rating of 9.3 on IMDb, making it the highest rating animated show on IMDb, and a perfect score of 100% on rotten tomatoes.
Now, I don't think run time has anything to do with the quality of the show, The Simpsons has over 150 episodes under the rating of 7.0 and not one episode over the rating of 9.2, while Rick and Morty has several episodes over 9.2, despite it's short run time. In my opinion, quality trumps quantity.
Posted by BackCommander 7 months ago
BackCommander
I'm on Pro's side x1000

Rick and Morty is by far the best cartoon of all time, in my opinion.