Best Music ever?

Started: 6/1/2016 Category: Music

Hello there. Today, we'll be doing a very unique debate that I don't think I've ever seen before on this website. It's about what we think is the best music ever. What I'm going to do is that I'm going to select different categories on different types of music and we're going to pick our favorite music within those categories and see which one is better. Even though is debate is a little more on the opinionated side, I'm still sure this is going to be a fun and exciting debate. There is only 1 rule to this debate. It's that you have to have to a link for the opponent to go to so that they can listen to the video. Also keep in mind that if it is a video, we won't actually judge on the video itself. We're only judging the music. Ok, so here are the categories:

TV or movies;(songs that come exclusively from a TV series or movie)

Rock and roll;

So here's the list of the of the categories that we have to put in. If you don't have a best for one of these categories, just put one that you really like. You must put AT LEAST one song into each category. The maximum songs you can put is three. You can also use songs that are in another language(foreign) and they can be explicit. The first round is acceptance only. In round 2, we'll say our selected songs. I wish my opponent, GOOD LUCK!

Per the debate rules, Round 1 is for acceptance only. Good luck!

Hello there, here is what my favorite music is for each individual category. I also forgot to mention another category that I would like to add, video games. Ok, with that said, here's my favorite music. I also wanted to clarify that for rap, you could also include hip hop also and r&b. Also, to make this debate more interesting I am adding a new topic, video games! Anyways, with that said, here are is my favorite music.

Rap/Hip Hop; Drake-Energy

Pegboard Nerds & Tristam-Razorsharp (No dubstep cut version)

One Punch Man- The Cyborg Fights

Oh yah Mr.Krabs-

Kazoo Kid remix-

TV and/or Movies;

Hunter X Hunter-Just Awake

SAO-Crossing Field

Naruto-Sadness and Sorrow

Blake Shelton-Came here to forget(I am really bad in this topic btw)

Rock and Roll;

One Punch Man-Hero

Nya Nya Nya(PIkachu Version)-

Video Games;

Pokemon Gold and Silver- Johto Gym Leader

Legend Of Zelda-Tai Tai Heights

Well, here's my favorite music. As you can tell, I'm an otaku, ;). Anyways I wish my opponent the best of luck!

I'd like to thank my opponent for beginning this debate. I'm only going to choose 1 song per category for now, because I think it's completely unrealistic to expect the judges to listen to 30 songs per round. I may increase the number of song choices in the upcoming rounds depending on context.

I won't be choosing a video game song this round. For one thing I shouldn't have to include it -- it was not mentioned in R1 when I accepted this debate. I had no intention of debating video game songs (I am completely unfamiliar with the genre). It's abusive to add this category later on. I would like to respectfully ask to drop this category. Again we are already asking the judges to listen to dozens of songs in the other categories.

I also think some explanation on our choices might be helpful (though the judges do not have to consider it).

Rap God - Eminem

While I'm a fan of old school hip-hop, my opponent used a more recent song/artist in this category (Drake). I decided to do the same and went with Eminem's Rap God. Eminem is one of the best rappers of our time and this song is incredible. The speed, metaphors, euphemisms, slant rhymes and clever lyrics that Eminem uses outwit and out-spit Drake's "Energy" for sure.

Strobe - Deadmau5

This song has no lyrics but the electronic instrumental is deep, soothing and intense. Sometimes I think it can put me to sleep, other times I think it can take me on a space trip in my mind. The melodies, volume and tempo come together perfectly. I like how it starts off without percussion and incorporates a beat later on.

That Thing You Do - The Wonders

The catchy pop song "That Thing You Do" was featured in a movie by the same name about a rock boyband in the 1960s.

Hannukah Song - Adam Sandler

How could I not pick this song?!

Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash is arguably one of country's most popular bad boys. This is among his most famous tunes, complete with a catchy beat and deep vocals that you can't help but sing and tap along to. This song has inspired generations. Even non country music fans can appreciate it.

Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen

Queen is one of my favorite rock bands; Freddie Mercury is my favorite rock singer. My favorite song of theirs is "Don't Stop Me Now," but that's just a personal preferance. Bohemian Rhapsody is the most popular Queen song and one of the most popular rock songs of all time. It's both fun to sing and musically complex. The music starts off slow, then progressively gets harder and faster. Hardly anyone can help but sing along to this classic.

Natsu145 forfeited this round.

Hypnotize - Biggie
Everyday Struggle - Biggie
Big Poppa - Biggie

Three dope songs by one of my favorite rappers.

D!ck in a Box - Andy Semberg and Justin Timberlake

Who doesn't want one?!

Cinema - Skrillex

When you say dubstep, this is what comes to people's minds. Even though he's popular, mainstream, and blah blah blah, Skrillex is undoubtedly one of the best dubstep DJs out there. His remixes are some of the best. I love this song for the vocals and catchiness of it. It's a song to sing and thrash around to -- plus it reminds me of some of the best summer/s of my life. Ah, the good ol days.

The Original Ghost Busters Theme Song

Who ya gonna call?!

Crazy - Patsy Cline

Written by fellow Country star Willie Nelson, this is one of my favorite ballads.

Can't You Hear Me Knocking - The Rolling Stones
Layla - Eric Clapton
All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

Some of my favorite classic rock songs.

ok then, you wanna add more? Ok then, lets do this.

Rap/Hip Hop-
Wiz Khalifa-See you again

Who doesn't know this song.

Tristam and Braken-Flight

Now THIS is what comes to mind when one thinks of dubstep.

Little Einstein Remix-

Star Wars-Imperial March

It's a classic

Ok this is what I got for now. Lets see how this continues.

I'd like to point out that my opponent did not include a rock-and-roll song in his last round :P

I'm gonna go with some of my favorite songs by females in this round...

Doo Wop (That Thing) - Lauryn Hill

In For the Kill - La Roux (Skrillex remix)

Somewhere Over the Rainbow - Judy Garland

I Think I Farted - Taryn Southern

(this category sucks)

Girl Crush - Little Big Town

Piece of My Heart - Janis Joplin
Always, Alright - Alabama Shakes

Natsu145 forfeited this round.

I don't think I have to post any more music...

I'll let my previous arguments/songs speak for themselves.

There was, however, 1 rule to this debate: including a YouTube link for your opponent.
Posted by llaurenthellama 4 months ago
What! No Michael Jackson?!
Posted by Natsu145 4 months ago
Hey guys make sure you post your opinion on who you think is winning because you guys are the people who really decide who's music is the best.
Posted by Natsu145 4 months ago
OK I get it
Posted by tejretics 4 months ago
>Today, we'll be doing a very unique debate that I don't think I've ever seen before on this website. It's about what we think is the best music ever.
Vote Placed by Udel 4 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: First off Pro loses conduct points for forfeiting the majority of the debate. Pro loses arguments for forgetting to submit songs in his own categories and breaking his own rules, which is also bad conduct. Con explained why all of her songs were better. She picked classic songs that had better craftsmanship and were popular in pop culture. Pro picked songs that were simple and not iconic or impressive. Pro used themes in her rounds and gave a nice variety.