SasotoKun
MikkiSenpai

Best Pokemon

MikkiSenpai
Started: 9/5/2015 Category: TV

SasotoKun

Pro

I think that Magikarp is the best Pokemon. It can do a amazing move called SPLASH, it does nothing, however it does "NOTHING." That is my reason.
MikkiSenpai

Con

Magikarp sucks because according to Pokemon Wikia it says, "Magikarp are commonly known as the weakest pokemon in the games."
SasotoKun

Pro

Clearly, Magikarp may be a weak pokemon if you don't use it correctly. However, it is better than a pokemon not being stated!
MikkiSenpai

Con

If Magikarp is a good pokemon, explain how it could be a good pokemon!
SasotoKun

Pro

This is not about good, it is about the best. Magikarp may not be the strongest, but who says the strongest is the better one? Magikarp works hard, with evolution, he turns into Gyradous. He is also kind, yummy, and amazing!
MikkiSenpai

Con

Well... while Magikarp may evolve into Gyarados, it doesn't evolve into "Gyradous." And also, we are talking about Magikarp, not Magikarp's evolution line. This has nothing to do with Gyarados, we're debating about Magikarp, the tiny weakling fish pokemon that does nothing.
SasotoKun

Pro

Please explain why Magikarp is "weak."
MikkiSenpai

Con

I will explain why Magikarp is weak. According to the official Pokedex in the Pokemon games it says, "Magikarp is virtually useless in battle..." "Magikarp is a pathetic excuse for a pokemon..." "An underpowered, pathetic pokemon." "...only capable of flopping and splashing."
SasotoKun

Pro

Objection! In the new generations, Magikarp can learn Flail. This is shown in the pokedex. If Magikarp is with high stats, it can defeat a pokemon using Flail or Tackle. In the official pokedex it also states "Magikarp is virtually useless in battle..." however, that is their opinion, and how they don't use Magikarp correctly! Again, this is not about strength, it is about how Magikarp is the best. With that, I believe that Magikarp is the best pokemon! From all the pride I put, I declare that I have won this debate, for I have shown reasoning and evidence, while my opponent only shows evidence and strength!
MikkiSenpai

Con

1. When you said "In the official pokedex..." you also said "however, that is their opinion..." This isn't true because the Pokedex is official and known by Pokemon Trainers to be their OFFICIAL source of pokemon information. So, this means that the Pokedex is correct, by fact, and it is not an "opinion."

2. Being the "best" pokemon also has to do with strength or else why would it be called the BEST pokemon? If Magikarp was weak and utterly useless, it wouldn't be called the best.

3. You can't declare that you have won this debate, also you can't take your opinion and shove it down people's throats, forcing them to believe that your opinion is correct while everyone else's is wrong. However, an opinion can be considered correct if it is commonly believed by the majority and the OFFICIAL sources state it, which makes it a fact.

4. I have also shown reasoning, I've explained, I've shown evidence (more than you I might add), and showing evidence while explaining your evidence proving your statement is "reasoning." What you do is not reasoning because you believe that your opinion is correct and refuse to believe anyone else's.

4 con't. I'll add that I've shown more evidence and explanation than you, which results in me having more reasoning than you. Also, if showing evidence from official sources is "bad", you should also be blamed too because you have shown evidence as well.
Vote Placed by TBSmothers 1 year ago
TBSmothers
SasotoKunMikkiSenpaiTied
Reasons for voting decision: The con won argument points for referencing the pokedex to back up his arguments which as he said " is official and known by Pokemon Trainers to be their OFFICIAL source of pokemon information." therefore there was nothing the pro could do to argue for magikarp being the best pokemon