stubs
RationalMadman

Best Songs to Party to

stubs

stubs

Pro

This is the first ever music debate that I am doing. Just want to give it a try.

For this debate I want to imagine people going to a house party or whatever and the voters decide on which songs would be the best to party to. First round is for acceptence only. Songs will begin in rounds 2,3,4. One song is allowed per round.

Whoever has the best songs should be awarded all seven points.

No semantics
RationalMadman

Con

I want to set a rule: all songs must be modern day house/electro or techno (you get my drift). We can't do a rock versus trance battle thing because that would be ridiculous.

stubs

Pro

I decline my opponents request that all song must be "modern day house/electro or techno" The debate is best songs to party to period.

My first song is called "All Night Longer" by Sam Adams. This is the epitome of party songs and is sure to get everyone going. Have a listen and hope you enjoy it.

RationalMadman

Con

I must compliment my opponent for offering a challenge to me. The song he offered is modern enough to avoid a battle of old vs. new and I appreciate the song! However, I prefer not to have so much swearing and also I believe the beat matters just as much as the melody.

I find this song much easier to "jump" or dance to than my opponents song. His focuses more on feeling, mine more ont he ability to dance.

Jai Ho is hindi for 'victory', I hope my Jai Ho awaits em at the end of this debate.
stubs

Pro

Infinite Dream by White Panda. It is a remix of a Katy Perry song. Music will speak for itself.

RationalMadman

Con

This for mid=party. Like the party already started and you alla re jamming and stuff you wanna get a sexy tune and then the DJ places this on the speakers and you all are chilled and begin to boogie.
stubs

Pro

Krewella "Killin It"

Thanks for the great debate. Vote for whoever you think provided the best party songs.
RationalMadman

Con

Just picture it... There are girls like: http://t2.gstatic.com...

The guys are like: http://2.bp.blogspot.com...

What bettter way to help the guys vibe the girls than this? Both gender benefit.

My comment was not meant to offend the BLGT community, any combination of genders is applicable.

For the party...

....

For the love....

For the music....

Vote Con ❤!

Posted by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
It still doesn't work.
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
"This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that."
Posted by RationalMadman 5 years ago
RationalMadman
If you care to reconsider. It's here: http://www.youtube.com...
Posted by RationalMadman 5 years ago
RationalMadman
dude my round 2 works...
Posted by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
Round 1: Pro posted a song that started with cliche extended rapping, but ended up having a great, catchy melody as the song progressed. Con posted a nearly unlistenable, atrocious remix of an already annoying song: Jai ho. Con claims his is more easy to dance to, but after a quick listen, no one without ecstasy in their systems could dance to that song. Remember, the resolution states: "Best Songs to Party to" not "best songs to dance to high on ecstasy, wearing kneepads, and holding glowsticks. House music has a place, but it is not being put toward its fullest potential in this debate.
Pro wins this round.

Round 2: Pro posted a GOOD remix of a Katy Perry song that girls will already party to, yet introduces some cool party techno-infusion syncopation into the mix. I could easily envision this song at a party. Con posted a a video (source) that didn't work. As this debate is highly focused on presenting songs, Con loses the source points on this round.
Pro wins this round.

Round 3: Pro posts a video that makes me happy the dubstep craze is dying off. The singer has a Chinese Opera-esque annoying voice, the composition is scattered and uncohesive, and the piece is too hectic and muddled to party to. Con's song is much more chill, fun, and enjoyable. The composition is more cohesive and inviting, the way a party should be: people should feel comfortable, not like they are being attacked by a transformer orgy.
Con wins this round.

Score: 2-1
Pro wins.
Posted by adontimasu 5 years ago
adontimasu
Yeah, it's common, but "party" also includes dubstep, techno, and electronica. :P - Also, Scotty, it is not RM's fault that the video is banned in your country. Therefore, while you can vote stubs, it isn't exactly fair to give stubs conduct simply because of that.
Posted by stubs 5 years ago
stubs
Oh my bad when I hear party I just think of house party haha. Didn't really know about other kinds ha
Posted by adontimasu 5 years ago
adontimasu
Well, parties tend to feature dancing. :P
Also, the debate wasn't about house party, it was about party songs.
Posted by stubs 5 years ago
stubs
I felt like yours were better dance songs but not house party songs
Posted by RationalMadman 5 years ago
RationalMadman
I don't mean to offend. But only your third stood a chance to compete.
Vote Placed by famer 5 years ago
famer
stubsRationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: I prefer Pro's songs.
Vote Placed by Wallstreetatheist 5 years ago
Wallstreetatheist
stubsRationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: RFD in Comments
Vote Placed by ScottyDouglas 5 years ago
ScottyDouglas
stubsRationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: I liked Pro's first two better and I tell you why. Round 2 was no question that Pro had the better song. In Round 3, I couldnt even play Con's song because it said it was banned in my country so Pro wins by FF. Round 4, I give to Con, way better beat in that one. I give points to both because both won rounds. I give more to Pro. The point distribution by conduct, grammer and sources has no bearing. That was just the way I gave the points fairly.
Vote Placed by adontimasu 5 years ago
adontimasu
stubsRationalMadmanTied
Reasons for voting decision: First round, I found that Con's song was easier to dance to. Second round, Pro's. However, the electronia cover of In my Head was much easier to dance to than Krewella. Victory: Con.