Best Suicide notes

First round is acceptance. Round two is where the debate begins. Each person will share a real suicide note with a little bit of background on the note, though the background is not necessary.

I suggest judges award one point for each round won, unless the have a good reason for awarding points in another fashion.

*No self written suicide notes allowed.
*citations for note required
*suicide note can not be from failed suicides

The suicide note is contained in the following pdf:

I can not post the entire suicide note because it is 1905 pages long, but I will ofcourse describe the note to you, provide some excerpts and give you commentary on it.

Michael Heisman 35 had a degree in psychology and was living off of campus near the Harvard campus. His father had died and left him enough money to live of of where he did not have to work Heisman spent 5 years writing his suicide note. Heisman walked up to Memorial church in Harvard yard and shot himsel in the head.

In his suicide note he refers to his suicide as “Experimental Elimination of Self-Preservation,” . The suicide note is heavily researched with the help of several Harvard professors. The bibliography itself is 20 pages long and Heisman jokes "What suicide note woud be complete without a bibliography"

the describes the not as follows;

"Most arresting of all: the note — tome, really — is probing, deeply researched, and often humorous. Heisman personality and erudition shine through every page, as he traces the philosophical steps that have led him to suicide: not really desperation or depression, but rather, intellectual curiosity, and a desire to test the limits of the unknown. After a quick read, comparisons to Albert Camus’ “The Myth of Sisyphus” abound. All the more sad that such a deeply intelligent young man would choose to cut his scholarly output off at one, interesting book."

Writing out the whole note would be impossible here but one reviewer of the book summarizes it well:

"The deadman's tomb (it is ok to make jokes at the author's expense by now) is a long, harrowing adventure across humanity's 
existence and humanity's collective philosophy. It is, above all, Heisman's personal work, and is truly a suicide note, left to explain
why he has chosen to off himself. It was as if he were trying to defend his own suicide, his own depression, by pulling off the
ultimate act of human dignity: suicide by reason. He failed in this task, but instead showed us a remarkable view of his insecurities
while creating a ludicrous synthesis of western thought that is, somehow, implicitly and explicitly, both parody and not parody.

Heisman's stated reason for killing himself are, essentially, that he wants to do an experiment. This experiment is seeing whether
or not his book is stopped from being read- truth be told everybody can read it, and this is well-remarked upon in other places.
But, that is not the reason he kills himself. The reason he kills himself is this hypothesis: if he wants to do the experiment truly
objectively, then, he reasons, he must be dead because the fact that he is alive means he has tendencies to view the data in a
subjective way. Furthermore, because he says Western thought is increasingly moving towards the abolishment of anthrocentrism,
materialism means that whether or not he is alive does not matter.

Thereby, his suicide is the result of him trying to do this experiment subjectively.

Bullox. He gives, like a bad magician, away most of his secrets at the beginning and the end of the book. The rest is filler material.
Heisman shows quickly that he is not psychologically healthy- despite having a degree in psychology. He has a desperate
occupation with Judaism, despite being atheist, that stems from the early death of his father and the resulting mental isolation that
resulted from the rest of the world. His chapter names, though funny, are meant to be both true and offensive. It speaks to an
incredible narcissism- where he essentially states that none but he have been honest with themselves- that he seeks to both find
followers and to offend in his death.

The actual content of the tomb is a sort of magnification of history that ultimately results in his experiment as the turning point.
Firstly, we begin with his concentration on the battle of the "natural" versus the "unnatural." The natural is the biological, the
unnatural is the technological. The first seeks its own survival, its own replenishment, while the latter does neither. It is, ultimately,
suicidal. It is Heisman's own repetition of Singularity theory, and it is interlaced with Jewish commentary, which he obsesses over.
He says that the Jews developed their own religion, which is inherently unnatural, inherently suicidal. This tendency was spread
through mankind by Jesus, who himself was suicidal because of his own internal conflicts about his father. Indeed, Heisman uses
psychoanalysis to present and accept, or at least flirt with the idea, that Jesus was the son of a Roman soldier. The technology of
religion, morphing into the unnatural sciences, will eventually result into a singularity, AI-God.

He then backs up, and begins tracing the lines of political powers. The Viking, the Saxons, and so on, to show that America, instead
of being the battle ground of Whigs versus Tories, is actually the battle ground of Saxons versus Normans. Suicidal tendencies,
once more, erupt in this center of the population, as they die for ideals and freedoms.

This summary does not do the Note any justice, however. The book is too large, too repetitive, and too unedited to really make a
true dent into what Heisman is trying to say. He has paragraph after paragraph that rambles, repeating the same idea in different
ways. His grammar, and, sometimes, his spellings, make no coherent effort in being true. He asks questions many times through
the journey, and he never answers them. He makes us ask question, and those are not answered."

I promote a wild thesis: life is suicide. When living, you are counting down the days until you make yourself die -- actions taken lead to a death earlier than natural, and sadness limits the time you live. Life is death; and in that same token, any celebration of life is a celebration of suicide - a suicide note, as a note to the splendors of life being squandered by the death incoming.

Life being death is only natural, for life only has value in its valuation of death - for good only has value in the bad. For this reason, you always create death within yourself when praising life.

With this in mind, the best suicide note of all is that of Danielle, in which her poetics come to mind not so long before she died:
Remember, remember, that day with whomever
Their gunpowder, treason and plot
We survived that day and made it away
How did that go? I know you forgot
Someone drew their gun, you started to run
But I drew mine even faster
So I shot them to pieces
Til they were wasted like feces
And their plan failed into disaster

"I promote a wild thesis: life is suicide."

It is not a wild thesis, it is an absurd one that nobody should take serious. It may be true that the very second you are born you have a biological clock that starts ticking down until you die, but it is the intentional physical action of killing yourself that qualifies as a suicide, and a note prior to that intentional physical action, that is written because of the planned intentional physical killing of yourself that counts as a suicide note. I believe the judges willhave enough common sense to realize that.

The dictionary agrees with this definition as well, and I'd reccomend my oponent taking a look at the dictionaryin the future, before deciding whether or not to make a semantics argument.

" the act or an instance of taking one's own life voluntarily and intentionally especially by a person of years of discretion and of sound mind"

"the intentional taking of one's own life."

It doesn't matter how many dictionaries I cite. They all say the same thing, and as far as I know Danielle has no intention of killing herself.. I actually know Danielle pretty well, we used to date in highschool.

It is pretty nlikely that any voter will accept my opponent's thesis that life is suicide, but incase they do, they should keep in ind that technology is changing at a rapid pace, at some point in our lifetime it may be possible to live indefinitely, which means many people won't die unless they choose to do so, or except by accident or suicide. An age of transhumanism is on the horizon.

I also object to my opponent's statement that each action we take pushes us coser to death. Common sense tells us that if we take actions like going to a doctor for routine check-ups, exercising appropriately and eating a healthy well balanced diet, that our actions actually push death back further.

Heisman Suicide

The last round there was a problem with the formatting that made it hard to read a review of Heisman's suicide note. It is however possible to read it, but if it is too much of a struggle, I reccomend you clicking on the weblink I pulled it from and reading it on the original site.

Martin Manley

I think it is appropriate to say a bit about each of these individuals lives. It's only respectful sinnce we have been drawn to their deaths in the way we have. They courted this attention for their death by how they have so publicly died, so it is not unethical to cover their death, but it is unethical to ignore their contributions, their story.

Martin Manley was a genius. He was a sports writer most of his adult life, and seeing as how he was able to make a living doing what most people can only dream of, he must have been exceptionally good at it. Mr. Manley created what was known as the efficiency index to rate NBA players, and it is still widely used today. I am not much of a basketball fan, but if this system is anything like the qay Quarterbacks are rated, he did an incredible thing.

The year preceding Martin Manley's death he created content for a website that covers everything he was thinking up to his death, and covers his life. People wanting to learn why people commit suicide will learn a lot from Mr. Manley's suicide note. I waned to make a quick note about the website he put up (you'll see a mirror site as yahoo took the original down). On his website he mentioned having $200,000 worth of gold. This statement sent treasure hunters galore to the location. This was a hoax,(Or was it?) which just shows how hilarious this guy was. Hopefully one day I can use my death to troll the hell out of treasure hunters just as he did.

The following link is to a miror site that actually seems to have deleted the part with the coordinates to gold.

The Note

This is from the first page of the website, I encourage readers to click on the link and browse around, it's very interesting.

Today is August 15, 2013. Today is my 60th birthday. Today is the last day of my life. Today, I committed suicide. Today, is the first day this site is active, but it will be here for years to come. Release of rights.

Before I get into the nuts and bolts of this site, I first must say to those whom I have a special bond with, please don't think that I didn't consider your feelings. I'm sorry... very sorry for the hurt and pain I will have caused by my actions. In all probability, I won't be able to justify it to you - at least not today. Maybe someday you will come to understand... better. If not today, maybe someday you will be able to read what I've said and learn why. Maybe someday you will be able to forgive me. I love you!

This site is divided into two major categories. The first is the suicide. The second is my life. To the left side of this page, you will see categories. Under some of them are subcategories. You can click and read anything you want. My life is an open book now that I’ve closed the book on my life.

It’s important for me to have written quite a bit about my decision to commit suicide because it’s rarely been done. I assume the people I know would want to understand it better and I’m sure there are people out there who study suicide that would like to study mine – so I’ve left nothing to the imagination. It’s all here.

I debated the idea of having the suicide (death) categories at the top above the life categories or at the bottom of the left side of the page. After all, chronologically, we live and then we die. But, which is more important… the life or the death? I couldn’t decide that one was more important than the other at this moment in time and so I put the suicide categories on top because it's the headline, the 11:00 news lead. Besides, the suicide categories will reveal some things that nobody knows about me while the life categories have stuff in them that at least some people know.

Having decided to put the suicide stuff first, it is technically something that took a very tiny amount of time to do - contrary to my life experiences which took… a lifetime. So, what I hope will happen in the long run is that my life is remembered and the suicide is just an asterisk, a footnote. After all, we all die. The way we died doesn’t change one little thing about the way we lived. When remembering anyone who has passed on, hopefully it is the life that is recalled and not the death.

So, if you want to understand everything I have to say about mydeath - simply read the first 12 categories on the list to the left - especially Suicide Preface. If you want to know what I have to say about my life, read the next 34 categories and 44 subcategories. I've tried to present them in some kind of order that makes sense, but you can read anything you want in whatever order you want. I just hope you will read it.

I think it is fair to say that I owe you (assuming "you" are someone that I know) an explanation. It's unfair to rob someone of something they love or even like or even know without an explanation. Having said that, you also owe me. You owe me the time it takes to understand why I did what I did without prejudging. I've done my part. The rest is up to you. If you opt to not read it, then I'm tempted to say "You can't handle the truth!"... but won't.

I discovered that I was often writing in the present tense as well as the past tense, so I decided I would write in the past tense for the death categories - except for the next two categories (January 1, 2012 and June 11, 2012), but present tense for the life categories. At least that will be the norm.

Lastly, at some point in reading this site you would have asked whether I was ultimately satisfied with my life, so I decided this was the best place to address it. I suspect nobody is completely satisfied and I'm no different. No, I wasn't fully satisifed with my life, but I wasfully satisfied with my death!"

Thanks for readin this. I strongly urge my opponent to get back on topic so the voters do not grow bored with this debate. (if you want to call it that)

Another great suicide note is that of user Wylted. Let's take a look:

Romans 1:27 says "And the men, instead of having normal sexual relations with women, burned with lust for each other. Men did shameful things with other men, and as a result of this sin, they suffered within themselves the penalty they deserved."

However just a few pages past that, and probably the same page in most bibles it says in Romans 3:23 "For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God's glorious standard."

You don't become a Christian by being sinless. The bible states this is impossible. You become a Christian by accepting Jesus Christ as your lord and savior and asking for forgiveness for your sins.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

You can be a homosexual, serial killer or any other deplorable thing in the world and be a Christian, because Jesus has been sacrificed in your name.

No comment necessary.;

Okay that was clearly pulled from debate I did in the past. I wrote what my opponent offered in the last round and I assure you it was not a suicide note.

In the previous round I argued what a suicide note is and what it entails. My opponent has not responded to that and the arguments should be considered dropped. My common sense interpretation of what a suicide note is should stand. I urge my opponent to stop trolling or to take some Nootropics before considering what she is going to do this round.

Budd Dwyer

Budd Dwyer was a great senator, but Democrats hated him so Democrats do what they do, and framed him for corruption. This effectively ended his life as he would have spent it all in prison. Democrats have yet to apologize for the frame job. Budd Dwyer actually committed suicide on live TV, and for those with a morbid curiousity,you can gogle his name and easily pull up a youtube video. I won't link it here. Here is the note, which he read out loud:

" I thank the good Lord for giving me 47 years of exciting challenges, stimulating experiences, many happy occasions and most of all[,] the finest wife and children any man could ever desire.

Now my life has changed for no apparent reason. People who call and write are exasperated and feel helpless. They know I am innocent and want to help, but in this nation, the worlds [sic] greatest democracy, there is nothing they can do to prevent me from being punished for a crime they know I did not commit. Some who have called have said that I am a modern day Job.

Judge Muir is also noted for his Medieval sentences. I face a maximum sentence of 55 years in prison and a $305,000 fine for being innocent. Judge Muir has already told the press that he felt "invigorated" when we were found guilty and that he plans to imprison me as a "deterrant" to other public officials. But it would be a deterrant [sic] because every public official who knows me knows that I am innocent. It wouldn't be legitimate punishment because I've done nothing wrong. Since I'm a victim of political persecution, my prison would simply be an American Gulag.

I ask those that believe in me to continue to extend friendship and prayer to my family, to work untiringly for the creation of a true Justice system here in the United States, and to press on with the efforts to vindicate me, so that my family and their future families are not tainted by this injustice that has been perpetrated on me.

We were confident that right and truth would prevail and I would be acquitted and we would devote the rest of our lives working to create a Justice system here in the United States. The guilty verdict has strengthened that resolve. But as we've discussed our plans to expose the warts of our legal system[,] people have said, 'Why bother? No one cares, you'll look foolish, 60 Minutes[,] 20/20, the American Civil Liberties Union, Jack Anderson, and others have been publicizing cases like yours for years and it doesn't bother anyone.'"

At this point, Dwyer stopped reading his prepared text, which as yet had still not said whether he intended to resign from office or not. The part he did not read follows:

"I've repeatedly said that I'm not going to resign as State Treasurer. After many hours of thought and meditation I've made a decision that should not be an example to anyone because it is unique to my situation. Last May I told you that after the trial, I would give you the story of the decade. To those of you who are shallow, the events of this morning will be that story. But to those of you with depth and concern the real story will be what I hope and pray results from this morning–in the coming months and years[,] the development of a true Justice System here in the United States. I am going to die in office in an effort to '...see if the shame[-ful] facts, spread out in all their shame, will not burn through our civic shamelessness and set fire to American pride.' Please tell my story on every radio and television station and in every newspaper and magazine in the U.S.. Please leave immediately if you have a weak stomach or mind since I don't want to cause physical or mental distress. Joanne, Rob, DeeDEe [sic] - I love you! Thank you for making my life so happy. Good bye to you all on the count of 3. Please make sure that the sacrifice of my life is not in vain."

Another note by Wylted:
I accept

Acceptance of both death and what lies ahead in the debate of life.;

I really wish I would have drawn a different opponent. This is absurd, I did not want an easy win.

Kurt Cobain's suicide note:

"To Boddah

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand.

All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guity beyond words about these things.

For example when we're back stage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowds begins., it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the the love and adoration from the crowd which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do,God, believe me I do, but it's not enough). I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. It must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child.

On our last 3 tours, I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally, and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too fvcking sad. The sad little, sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces, Jesus man. Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know!

I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what i used to be, full of love and joy, kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point to where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable, self-destructive, death rocker that I've become.

I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess.

Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody baby! I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Peace, love, empathy.
Kurt Cobain

Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your alter.
Please keep going Courtney, for Frances.
For her life, which will be so much happier without me"

I didn't want to spoil the joke.
Posted by Diqiucun_Cunmin 5 months ago
My last name is Fawkes and I find that offensive
Posted by Lexus 5 months ago
Don't make fun of vi_spex.
Posted by Wylted 5 months ago
That is true, what is up with him saying "alien come together"? WTF does that mean? And without using an equal sign.
Posted by SNP1 5 months ago

That's because you are stupid. Its okay, everybody knows that you have comprehension problems.
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
sry, but i still dont get it
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
alien come togeather
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
hm do you not understand that if he is dead he will never know shiat fool.. holy shityou are fucked
Posted by vi_spex 5 months ago
hmm, can you simply tell me what is wrong with all of you pls?
Posted by Lexus 5 months ago
Posted by Wylted 5 months ago
some of the words on the review got cut off, I'd appreciate if the judges click on the link to read the review off the original website in round 1
Vote Placed by XLAV 5 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro posted better suicide notes. Con also skipped a few rounds.
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 5 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro was the only one who posted actual suicide notes, so arguments to Pro by default.