Best Super Smash Bros Character

Started: 5/23/2014 Category: Games

First round acceptance, we each chosse a ssb character and try to prove how it is the best character in ssb. Second round-arguments, and third round-rebuttals. I hope you all the best in this debate.

I believe that Fox McCloud, leader of the Star Fox team, is one of the best characters in SSB. He is one of the fastest characters in the game (espiecially when he sprints) and also is one of the character that jumps the fastest( In this article, this paragraph explains some of his movesets:

(note, this next paragraph is from the article, and dont be saying i plagiarised, because if you say the article it comes from, it's ok to do it)

"Fox is a very light character who moves at very high speeds, clocking in as the third fastest runner and 2nd fastest walker in the game (with Marth being the fastest). Almost all of his attacks come off quickly and combine with each other. Fox's excellent speed is counterbalanced by the small and short reaching hitboxes in most of his attacks. This can complicate approaches, and his Blaster doesn't make up for that because it doesn't make opponents flinch. However, it is able to force approaches, unless the opponent has a lasting reflector, PSI Magnet, or low enough crouch to avoid it. "

So basically, everything counterbalences one another to create one special character that I have loved since the first Star Fox game.

This, also from the article (SmashWiki), tells some info about his speed:

"Fox's most notable (and notorious) attribute is his quick falling speed in relation to the rest of the Brawl cast (much like Jigglypuff having the slowest falling speed in the game). His falling speed acceleration is the fastest, and his falling speed is the third fastest in the game, which is unusual for a character as light as he is. It has advantages and some hindrances, all of which must be known to make the best use of Fox. One advantage of such speed is that it makes him more difficult to hit in midair."

Basically, Fox is a glass cannon. He can dish out some attack, but can't take much. But his speed and blaster both counterbalance the glass part, as it keeps people away from him to do any harm except projectiles (but he can easily dodge them with his speed, and with the Fox Illusion, he can speed right past somebody and hurt them at the same time!) There is a downside to the Fox Illusion though: if you accidently get thrown off a cliff by doing it, it wont let you jump back up... automatic death.

This website has a person that says that Fox was the best person in Melee, but not the best in Brawl, which is Pikachu/Kirby. Even though he isn't the best in Brawl, he was the best in Melee. As you can see, Fox is a very superior character compared to others.

kirby is bound to be chosen the most picked. moves around a lot easier compared to most. has great attacks powerful but slow and can steal other peoples moves. light weight. and popular had its own show

My rebuttals:

You really have nothing to rebut against, you didn't post any sources, you never proved WHY Kirby is good, you just stated a sentence about it.

ya you say why fox is good i said why Kirbys good you just made yours too long.
Posted by wiseman557 2 years ago
oh ya Kirby
Posted by Romanii 2 years ago
How is this possible to debate? The programmers of the game purposefully design characters with strengths and weaknesses so that no one of them can be considered "the best".
Vote Placed by whiteflame 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Honestly, I never get a reason why I should prefer either character. Much as I love Fox as well, the fact that he's a well balanced character with an interesting set of moves is not any measure of proof that he's he best character. The explanation for Kirby is a lot shorter and less informative, but no less strayed from the topic at hand. Neither debater tells me what I should value and state is "best" for a character to be, and as such, only bias could decide this vote, so I abstain. I don't distribute points for sources, mainly because none of Pro's sources upheld the resolution. I will, however, give him S&G, mainly because Con's writing is atrocious.