Azul145
jh1234l

Best Video Game

Azul145
Started: 12/4/2012 Category: Technology

Azul145

Pro

Rules: Choose your favorite game and defend your opinion
1st round state game 2nd and 3rd defend your game.

My game will be Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 3

I hope this is a fun experience :D
jh1234l

Con

Hello there! I accept this debate challenge.
My game will be Minecraft (Personal Computer Version)
Azul145

Pro

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is the best game out there. It was released November 17, 2011 and December 22, 2011 in the U.K. Within 24 hours of going on sale, the game sold 6.5 million copies in the U.S. and UK alone and grossed $400 million, making it the biggest entertainment launch of all time. When I checked minecraft.net the website said that about 8,200,000 people have bought it ever since the game has been out. in just 16 days of MW3 being out it made 1 billion dollars. People are still buying the game today so the sales always go up and more people are playing. The reason more people are playing this game is because they know it is fun. I play minecraft and Call of Duty but MW3 is more fun. Yes younger kids can play minecraft but it is a bit more complicated for them than a shooter game. Thank you and good luck

minecraft.net
jh1234l

Con

Here are some reasons that Minecraft (PC version, not Classic) is the best video game.

Creativity

Minecraft allows the player to express creativity it is a sandbox game. [1] This allows huge structures to be built, including cities and even logic units if redstone, the game's in game wiring, is used. [1] The game graphic is blocky, but this means that there can be almost infinite maps without causing significant lag, which in turn allows more creativity and provides room for huge buildings.

Survival

This game also includes a survival mode, where the player builds shelters, fights monsters, make tools, gathers resources and obviously, survive. Survival mode is technically no different from creative mode except that the player has a health and hunger bar and that they have to gather their own resources. Survival can be challenging but fun considering all the freedom the game gives.

Objective

Unlike most sandbox games, where there is no objective, Minecraft features a final objective, but it is not a linear environment. The final objective is to kill the boss dragon by activating one of the three portals in a game save file. [1]
Having a final objective makes something for the players to look for to, instead of just walking around.

Education Value

As this includes a built in electric circuit system [1], it can be educational as using it requires logic.

[1]http://en.wikipedia.org...
Azul145

Pro

I will start by refuting your points to why minecraft is better than mw3.

Creativity: you said that players can build whatever they want and this makes the game good. I play minecraft. To build awesome stuff it takes forever and I consider good architecture hard. Red stone is very complicated for new players although I can do it. You don't need this for MW3 because you rank up and rank your guns up and play campaign and missions. You don't need to be talented.

Survival: You said that its fun to gather resources and get to the end of the game. I find this difficult in some cases. I can barely find diamond without X-ray and it takes forever to have sufficient resources. Minecraft takes a long time for it to be fun where modern warfare 3 is instantly fun from your first game.

Objective: There is an objective to most video games but minecraft is one of the only sandbox games with one. I. Find this irrelevant to the topic because most games have it. There is an objective in all three parts of modern warfare 3 anyways.

Now for more reason to why MW3 is better than most games. In modern warfare 3 you can play 3 parts of the game. Multiplayer, Campaign, and Spec ops. All three of these are fun and it gives you options if you don't like one style of the game. You can instantly get into the game unlike minecraft and it has great multiplayer gameplay.

jh1234l

Con

I apologize but I am afraid that I have to forfeit this debate round. Please give conduct mark to my opponent.
Posted by Gohan12345 3 years ago
Gohan12345
minecraft and teteria and anime are the best video game. call of duty suck at all time
Posted by bigbee99 4 years ago
bigbee99
Wikipedia is not an accurate source because anyone can change the facts you post or post completely fake stuff
Posted by Azul145 4 years ago
Azul145
I did cite my sources
Posted by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
Lastly, would recommend sourcing the info for Call of Duty. If you did that, woulda given you two more points for sourcing.
Posted by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
I haven't played either game.

1) Gave conduct and arguments to PRO because CON forfeited.
2) CON had good structure in his opening statement, so grammar to CON.

Personally I think "it's too hard" isn't exactly a valid argument for this lol, but it does show that call of duty can appeal to a lot more people, and popularity was PRO's main argument. CON left PRO's points about popularity uncontested, so PRO wins. Good job.
Posted by unicorns129 4 years ago
unicorns129
WOOHOO go minecraft!!
Posted by Azul145 4 years ago
Azul145
Just debate for fun
Posted by Maikuru 4 years ago
Maikuru
I would take this and argue for Skyrim (I don't actually believe that, I just know it's easy to argue for). However, people don't vote on debates anymore.
Vote Placed by emospongebob527 4 years ago
emospongebob527
Azul145jh1234lTied
Reasons for voting decision: Counter TMR
Vote Placed by wrichcirw 4 years ago
wrichcirw
Azul145jh1234lTied
Reasons for voting decision: see comment
Vote Placed by The_Master_Riddler 4 years ago
The_Master_Riddler
Azul145jh1234lTied
Reasons for voting decision: proved mw3 is better than minecraft