grandvillegamers
RichardQ

Best college (sports)-Speed Debate

grandvillegamers
Started: 4/1/2014 Category: Sports

grandvillegamers

Pro

This is an interesting style of debating; the first round is acceptance and choice of college, 2nd is constuctive, 3rd round "attacks" and 4th is closing statements. The topic is best college sports teams for Football, Basketball, and one more (chosen by opponent, can be none). You have 12 hours to respond and only 500 charectors to type, making this an intersting style of debate.

I am choosing Michigan State, MSU
RichardQ

Con

I pick Florida State.
grandvillegamers

Pro

MSU has a very strong atheltics program. Their football team has won the Rose Bowl in 1954,1956,1988,and2014. They won national championships in 1951,1952,1955,1957,1965 and1966. In 2010, the Spartans finished 7–1. Their Basketball program is something even better. Head coach Tom Izzo, has a 403–166 record as of February2012. A very good record. The Spratans made it to the Elite8this March Madness. Off the court they are good too, check out Lacey and Payne on google, I can't fit the link on here.
RichardQ

Con

RichardQ forfeited this round.
grandvillegamers

Pro

I ask you just to read this article http://bleacherreport.com... it shows how good MSU is off the court too!
RichardQ

Con

Are we talking about College Basketball or Colleges?
grandvillegamers

Pro

Read round 1 we are talking about college football and basketball both stats and what good they do.

Now to my argument, Msu made the elite 8 this year and were predicted to win. Thier sports is superior to all else.
RichardQ

Con

RichardQ forfeited this round.
Posted by Roryswag 3 years ago
Roryswag
would debate but diehard msu fan
Posted by Value_LLL 3 years ago
Value_LLL
Just for fun though, if it were strictly college football... I feel that I could easily make an argument not only against MSU, but for another Big Ten school... and I wouldn't even bother picking obvious choices like Michigan, Ohio State, or Penn St. Though I think that each of those schools brings more to the table than MSU.

Don't misinterpret my statement either, I actually like MSU somewhat.
Posted by Value_LLL 3 years ago
Value_LLL
If this were strictly college football, I would easily accept that (I'm a bit of a college football history buff). However, I know little history on college basketball and would arguably and easily lose that side of things. I don't want to take away from the debate (should anyone accept) but you have your hands full on the football side for MSU. I could easily destroy that argument with a number of schools.
Vote Placed by Zarroette 3 years ago
Zarroette
grandvillegamersRichardQTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con never provided any arguments for his own team, yet Pro made some decent arguments, so argument points to Pro. Pro's source was weakly provided, so I'm giving half-points, in the form of S&G. You need to quote relevant material, because otherwise, you haven't provided an argument. Conduct to Pro for Con's multiple forfeits.