IcebreakerCMB
sidewinder

Best halo game?

Started: 1/30/2015 Category: Games

IcebreakerCMB

Pro

I will choose halo 3 as pro and choose whatever halo game as con this will be in the format of:
1st round: accept and game.
2nd: The argument
3rd:Rebuttal
4th:Final remarks
sidewinder

Con

I accept this debate and will be arguing that Halo 2 is the greatest Halo Game of all time
IcebreakerCMB

Pro

IcebreakerCMB forfeited this round.
sidewinder

Con

Halo 2 was my second Halo game but is was the one that truly changed the way halo was played. The covenant and the humans could both use the same vehicles and weapons you played a epic story line that helped explain the flood and you experienced the covenant from a new perspective. It also added enemy's such as buggers that swarmed you if you weren't careful, brutes that with their devastating grenade launchers and ferocious melee and the massive sentinel robots that proved to be the only thing forerunner that was worthy of being feared until Halo 4. It also made the covenant a much more compelling enemy by giving background to their religion and helped give the game a real villain the prophet of truth and the grave-mind rather than faceless mobs of aliens or the same enemy's in halo 3. Halo 2 also has some of the coolest moments in any game from flying through space and dropping a bomb into a covenant carrier, driving a scorpion that wasn't impossible to drive across a bridge blowing up everything in your path, blowing up a scarab for the first time, and dropping to earth in a ODST pod which proved to be the basis for a entire Halo game. This pales in comparison to halo 3 which rehashed the enemy's of halo 3 adding 1 new vehicle while taking way another and adding only a few new weapons and taking away duel wielding for the needeler rather than fixing it. It also made the pistol which was interesting in halo 2 to be nearly useless. It also had a far less compelling story with few memorable moments a rehash of the same villains, a last two missions that didn't make sense, spending the entire game without banter from Cortona, a ending that was the exact same as halo 1, and the worst death of a amazing character aka sergeant AJ Johnson.

However the greatest sin of all for halo 3 was making you wait through the credits to see that master chief was alive and well. Thus I see Halo 2 as the superior game that revolutionized Halo while Halo 3 added little to nothing on the story that halo 2 built.

and to end this debate I will quote AJ Johnson with his best line ever
Regret, I'll tell you what their saying
we regret being alien b******s
we regret coming to earth
and we most certainly regret that the core just blew up our raggedy a** fleet
IcebreakerCMB

Pro

Since I was not able to meek it to the second round(due to a power outage) I will post my main arguments, then the rebuttal.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So first off Halo 3 has some pretty rememberable missions like when you battle multiple scarabs while riding on a mongoose with a rocket launcher in your hand, a marine's hand, or your friend. Which brings me to my second point, co-op, almost all the halo games featured a co-op story line(besides halo wars if I remember correctly) but this halo does it right. Instead of having two Spartans which interfere with the whole plot to the entire story, halo 3 is a game where the humans are allies to the elites to take down the brutes. This adds as the first player being master chief, second the arbiter, third and fourth are red and blue elites which makes perfect sense since elites are with the humans this time. Then we have multiplayer, which was extremely fun, it brought in forge to create your own maps and download others, theatre mode to watch recent games and take screenshots, and then the implemented the game of grifball(the best e-sport in my personal opinion).
Rebuttal time
First off the story did more than a little to add to the story, as it takes out the brutes, and paves the way to the next game (halo 4) where you are to wonder what has happened to the bond between the elites and the marines. In halo 2 there was a nondamageable scarab that had a scripted scene after you blew it up, while in halo 3 you can actually damage and destroy scarabs yourself. And with halo 2 being on an older gen console halo 3 has more detailed graphics. As a final note that halo 3's scorpions are not that hard to drive.
sidewinder

Con

I'll devote this round to rebuttals

1.Halo 3 has some pretty memorable missions
Yes it does but not game defining your never going to forget missions like flying into a covenant carrier and dropping a bomb in it seeing a scarbe for the very first time, destroying a entire orbital station on Threshold as the covenant, or actually being given context on the flood and the covenant. I'm sorry but Halo 3 is a rehash of the moments of Halo 2. For instance the most memorable missin you mission you mention is a rehash of Halo 2. Halo 3 also makes scarbe almost to east to kill with a couple rockets being able to disable it or one tank. in Halo 2 the destruction of the scarab is delivered over several missions and is practically untouchable until you manage to defeat it.

2. like when you battle multiple scarabs while riding on a mongoose with a rocket launcher in your hand, a marine's hand, or your friend
There is not one mission where you use mongooses to take down two scarbes. The only moment where their are two scarbes in the game is when your flying a hornet where it is pathetically easy to kill them.

3. The two spartan delima
Why does this present a dilemma if you have read the books you would know that there were over 50 spartans most of which were killed on reach but many survived. thus it is entirely plausible that their i another spartan. Also if that is such a big problem in the campaign why don't you complain about it in multiplayer where their can be over a dozen spartans. Also Halo 2 was one of the first games ever with easy to use multiplayer for cooperative games and was one of the few games I could play with my friends without many of the hassles that Halo 1 presented.

4.Multiplayer problems
Halo 2 was quie literally the game that made multiplayer possible. For the fist time every people could play online and not disconnect every second. so I would say that redefining the gaming experience is a much more significant than a dumbed down legos in forge that was extremely difficult to master where you could only make cool things by glitching objects into each other and a theater mode that a majority of players seldom used.

Rebuttals to rebuttals
1.Story
Okay number one removing the dynamic power struggle in the covenant in my opinion doesn't count as a interesting story for the only thing that the story managed to do was kill off the best character in the story AJ Johnson, The Prophet of truth, and the grave mind and make you think that the Master chief was dead unless you waited through almost 15 minutes of credits. It also next to ignored the Human elite Alliance for the majority of the game until you are more than half way through.

2. Scarbes
You are correct but in Halo 3 scarbes were complete push overs. They quite literally could not shoot at you if you were under it and it only took a few rockets to bring it to its knees and two melee attacks to blow it up. Later in the game they were worse with me being able to blow up the scarbe without a tank or hornet without even boarding it. How on earth is that better than presenting it as a hulking behemoth that an only be taken down by boarding it and killing everyone inside. Which is almost the same as what you do in Halo 3 except boarding a scarbe is actually challenging in Halo 2 due to the huge crew.

3. Graphics
Never Ever Ever judge a game based on its graphic but if you do want to pull that card the anniversary edition of Halo 2 has vastly better graphics than Halo 3 and has some of the coolest cinematics i have ever seen.

Conclusions Halo 2 was the first halo that set the bar for how good a halo game with a dep story an new ideas could be. Halo 3 while a excellent game rehashes many of the moments from halo 2 and fails to make any massive lasting changes in the series. My opponent has brought up miscellaneous points on how halo 3 is better including the most cardinal sin of all by saying its a better game just because of the graphics I thus ask for you to vote for me.
IcebreakerCMB

Pro

IcebreakerCMB forfeited this round.
sidewinder

Con

I extend my arrguments
Posted by IcebreakerCMB 2 years ago
IcebreakerCMB
First line third round of mine make not meek
Posted by IcebreakerCMB 2 years ago
IcebreakerCMB
Shoot, sorry I couldn't make it for the second round, had a power outage from a snow storm
Posted by Melonnade 2 years ago
Melonnade
halo reach man. we can settle a debate there. 1v1 me snipers only