Mattmdb
maxx233

Best handgun you would use for self protection

maxx233

Mattmdb

Pro

1 round
You have to say why it is the best handgun you would use.
2 round
You have to compare your handgun and show your advantages over mine.
3 round
Give the final conclusion on why its the best handgun for you.

I shall Choose the Model. CZ 75B

I hope we can have an entertaining argument.
maxx233

Con

I'm not a huge gun nut, but I strongly believe in our right to bear arms, so I thought I'd accept the challenge anyway :)

I own two guns, a Walther P22 by choice and research, and a baby glock 9mm primarily by chance (I attended a gunshow at which I was unable to purchase from vendors at the time. Of the limited person-to-person options available within my budget the baby glock was my prefered choice.)

I believe I could make a strong case for both of the guns I own - else I would not own them - but in order to avoid a debate centered primarily/exclusively on "stopping power" I'll choose to argue in favor of the baby glock, as it's available in both 9mm and .40 as is the CZ 75B.

I look forward to a good debate!
Mattmdb

Pro

Mattmdb forfeited this round.
maxx233

Con

My opponent forfeited this round. I hope that he was just busy and will be able to pick this back up, as I look forward to his arguments. Since he has forfeited, I will begin -

First, it's important to establish the criteria for "best" handgun. There are thousands available that are all purchased for different reasons: cost, caliber, size, weight, hand-feel, recoil, barrel length, noise, local availability, or even color.

To answer the question of what makes a handgun the best, we must first account for the role of a handgun in the realm of self protection. Self Protection is a purpose that can be filled by many weapons. As far as firearms go, a handgun is not likely to be considered the best choice for self protection, generally speaking. However, it does excel in certain instances: the ability to carry it with you (legally and physically) while outside of your home, and it's maneuverability in close-quarters or where obstacles are present.

1. The Baby Glock is smaller and lighter than the CZ 75B
Both of the uses for which a handgun excels in the category of self protection are based upon size. A smaller gun is more maneuverable, it's more concealable, it's generally easier to physically carry with you - thus avoiding a desire to leave it at home where it's of no use whatsoever for self protection.
CZ 75B [1].....Baby Glock[2]
8.1in long......6.42in long
1.3in wide......1.18in wide
5.4in high......4.17in high
2.47lb...........1.23lb

The Baby Glock is smaller and lighter in every way than the CZ 75B. This makes it much easier to carry concealed, or maneuver quickly.

2. The Baby Glock’s safety mechanism is better oriented for self protection
A situation calling for one’s immediate and unforeseen self defense is inherently stressful. Stress carries with it the possibility, and even likelihood, of causing significant impacts on a human being’s performance. In a self defense situation it’s critical to minimize both the time involved in preparation as well as the possibility that a high stress situation may cause one to neglect pivotal operation techniques – such as disabling the safety mechanism! The CZ 75B has a frame mounted manual safety mechanism. Deactivating it requires remembering and performing the additional maneuver of sliding the mechanism with the thumb. The Baby Glock features an integrated trigger safety mechanism. Deactivating it requires no additional time, thought, consideration, or physical maneuvering. The user simply grabs the gun as they normally would and upon squeezing the trigger it fires – the physiology of the human body bypasses the safety mechanism automatically. This is far better suited for self protection.

3. The Baby Glock is superbly reliable, accurate, and customizable.
In addition to the elements previously discussed, reliability and accuracy are also very important. Glock is commonly known as one of the most reliable and durable firearms available and the baby glock is no exception. It features the same polymer body as other glocks and a simple google search will turn up endless rave reviews where people can’t even count how many rounds they’ve put through the gun without a single hitch. It has been proven accurate, and many videos are available on youtube demonstrating this accuracy (such as this admittedly unusual one, at 230 yards! [3] ), again as well as endless reviews. Additionally, due to its dual recoil spring assembly the recoil impacting the user is minimized and arguably equal to that of a much larger gun, such as the CZ 75B. Finally, because of Glock’s popularity and longstanding history there are endless accessories available for the Baby Glock, OEM and third party, to customize the weapon as best fits the individual. The Baby Glock is on par with any other handgun out there as far as self protection is concerned.

Conclusion: While personal choice and preference plays a significant role in the selection of a handgun, in measurable terms of which is best for self defense the Baby Glock is superior on all relevant levels.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org...
[2] http://us.glock.com...
[3] www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmMEg4y54Dk
Mattmdb

Pro

Mattmdb forfeited this round.
maxx233

Con

My opponent has unfortunately forfeited again. All my arguments stand, and my opponent has not offered any defense of his choice.
Posted by maxx233 4 years ago
maxx233
Why the heck do I always get stuck with forfeitures? :(
Posted by yuiru 4 years ago
yuiru
Does it have to be an existing handgun?
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
People go there from England...
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
I don't live anywhere near Las Vegas...anyway, an AK-47 isn't exactly the best gun for surprise visits by the neighbor hood thief. It's not exactly quick on the draw. To big. You'd be better off with a pistol.
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
@THEBOMB

Its not that hard if you know what you are doing. Go to this place, its fun: http://www.frontsight.com...
Posted by THEBOMB 4 years ago
THEBOMB
Ron-Paul, I doubt you could fire a fully automatic AK-47 and hit anything...
Posted by 16kadams 4 years ago
16kadams
9mm not good enough
Posted by Deathbeforedishonour 4 years ago
Deathbeforedishonour
I might take this if my opponent doesn't make horrible arguments or forfeits like my last two debates.
Posted by Ron-Paul 4 years ago
Ron-Paul
Does it have to be a handgun? Because I would go around with an AK-47 for self-protection.
Vote Placed by famer 4 years ago
famer
Mattmdbmaxx233Tied
Vote Placed by KuriouserNKuriouser 4 years ago
KuriouserNKuriouser
Mattmdbmaxx233Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Ff
Vote Placed by Clash 4 years ago
Clash
Mattmdbmaxx233Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Full forfeit by Pro.
Vote Placed by AlwaysMoreThanYou 4 years ago
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Mattmdbmaxx233Tied
Reasons for voting decision: