tvellalott
socialpinko

Best hip-hop/rap tracks: Round II

Reasons for your voting decision - Required

tvellalott

Pro

I think we can both do better. So, without further do I challenge socialpinko to ROUND 2!
I chose "The Way I Am" from Eminem's "The Marshall Mathers LP"
socialpinko

Con

Big Boi and Andre 3000 will beat Eminem every time in my book.
Artist- Outkast
Song- Ms. Jackson
tvellalott

Pro

No-one liked my Jay-Z choice the first time...
So here's 99 Problems.
socialpinko

Con

I'm afraid you still won't win with a Jay-Z song. Jay-Z is overrated and he doesn't have anything on Common.
tvellalott

Pro

I'm taking a risk here(it's an Australian artist; oooOooOOooo), but this is my favourite Hip-Hop song of 2010...
Bliss N Eso - Addicted
socialpinko

Con

I figure'd I'd follow my opponent and post another song from 2010 but much better. Anyways enjoy.
tvellalott

Pro

My favourite Cypress Hill song. TEQUILA SUNRISE, BLOODSHOT EYES!

socialpinko

Con

I'd like to see anyone rank Cypress Hill above Compton's Most Wanted.
tvellalott

Pro

...and the knock out punch.
socialpinko

Con

If you're going to bring Pac into this I'm afraid I'm going to have to bring some Biggie. Hit em up is really just Tupac crying and slugging at a bunch of people because he got shot. 'Niggas Bleed' is the perfect harmony of artfully violent lyrics and Biggie's hypnotyzing voice. Enjoy and vote for me.
Posted by feverish 6 years ago
feverish
Nice one guys, thought it was cool the way the rounds seemed kinda themed, all in all pinko made a good job of going second in the rounds with excellent responses to TV's selections.

Round 1 - Con
Two massive commercial hits which have perhaps lost some appeal through being overplayed. I actually found it quite hard to pick a winner here. I've gone with Outkast because I prefer the beat, the subject matter and the flow. Eminem does the triplet flow thing which is cool but becomes a bit too repetitive, the Outkast tune captures the Southern fast style really well.

Round 2 - Con
I do quite like the Rick Rubin produced rock/rap of 99 Problems, but I Used To Love H.E.R is an absolute classic. Dope beat, superbly developed extended metaphor.

Round 3 - Con
This was the most interesting round, you both posted tunes by much less well known artists (to me anyway). The Bliss and Eso was cool, I'm not even sure if I'd call it strictly hip hop it has an almost drum n bass vibe. Really like the Das Racist though, best tune I've heard from them, beat is heavy.

Round 4 - Pro

Pnko writes "I'd like to see anyone rank Cypress Hill above Compton's Most Wanted." Wish granted, Cypress Hill are better than CMT. First two Cypress albums are classic and they've continued to release the odd good tune since, even if this tune isn't amazing, it's still pretty good. Compton's Most Wanted are just generic West Coast gangsta rap to me. MC Eiht is pretty boring as a rapper, notably with his really slow flow here and the weak beat doesn't do justice to the Glenn Macrae tune it samples.

Round 5 - Con

When it comes to Tupac v Biggie I'm basically a Biggie man everytime but this wasn't a straight forward decision. I think the beat on Niggas Bleed is kind of whack to be honest, and then there's the fact that Pac's performance on Hit Em Up is probably the most venemous and impassioned in the history of hip hop. Biggie's lyrics and, as Pinko mentioned, the voice, seal the win her
Posted by tvellalott 6 years ago
tvellalott
I might take a day before I post another round. I need to ponder up some really strong songs for R4&5.
Vote Placed by feverish 6 years ago
feverish
tvellalottsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: See comments
Vote Placed by anarcholibertyman 6 years ago
anarcholibertyman
tvellalottsocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: The last round decided it. I personally think there are better tupac songs then niggas bleed but hit em up is simply uncomparable as niggas bleed is on a whole nother plane.