ADreamOfLiberty
urapai

Bestiality should be illegal

ADreamOfLiberty

ADreamOfLiberty

Con

Many people have complained about the restrictive nature of my previous arguments for the proper legality of bestiality. Said restrictions were necessary to make a positive case since in reality the default is that something should be legal and acceptable until proven otherwise.

This debate is a chance for those who think they can make the case from scratch. No moral or legal standard is given, pro will have to present their own and support it.

BoP is on Pro to show that bestiality should be illegal, this will certainly include giving the general reasons anything should be illegal, and supporting that rule/principle against all challenges I make. No need for other debates, no room to complain about unfair preconditions.

First round is for Pros first argument, Pro types only "end" in his/her last round.

I lied, I will include one set of restrictions, the definitions section:

(D) Definitions

(D.1) Bestiality – the practice of interspecies sex specifically involving humans as one of the species.

(D.2) Zoophilia – the sexual orientation which describes a permanent sexual attraction towards animals by humans.

(D.3) Rape – the forcing of sexual intercourse onto an organism capable of intelligent self-determination without their consent. NOTE consent as defined below.

(D.4) Pain – the discomfort of an organism, established by some objective observation of behavior or biology.

(D.5) Biological Damage – the objectively observable harm that that impairs the value, usefulness, or normal function of some organ or tissue in an organism.

(D.6) Consentand this is important, is defined as “permission for something to happen or agreement to do something” http://oxforddictionaries.com...... .

urapai

Pro

First of all, this is considered rape. The animal does not approve of this.

Secondly, bestiality is unhealthy. Men who have participated in bestiality at one point in their lives have a bigger chance a getting penile cancer.

http://www.thefrisky.com...

Hybrid: 1. Genetics The offspring of genetically dissimilar parents or stock, especially the offspring produced by breeding plants or animals of different varieties, species, or races.
http://www.thefreedictionary.com...

If 2 species have similar genetics, they can interbreed, and create hybrid species. A human can have similar genetics to a chimp or a bonobo, they can interbreed, and create a new species. There are cases where hybrid species go wrong, and harm the environment. Also if there was a hybrid, we would not know how to raise it, should we let it adapt to human behaviour or the wild animal's behaviour?
ADreamOfLiberty

Con

First of all, this is considered rape.

I consider that statement incorrect.

The animal does not approve of this.

Support

Ahhh! this again? Well fine I have most of 10,000 characters to deal with it once and for all.

First and foremost lets find the source of this claim, it's here http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com... and I can't see more than the abstract which doesn't make me happy.

Even there something very important was noted in the conclusion "New studies are required in other populations to test other possible nosological links with SWA"

No kidding. Why?

http://www.scielo.br...

"Penile cancer is a very frequent pathology in Brazil, predominantly affecting low income, white, uncircumcised patients, living in the north and northeast regions of the country."

They got a problem there, there is a nasty thing called
Human Papilloma Virus. It is likely transmissible via sex... you guessed it not just sex with animals.

What about somewhere like the United States? It's 1 in 100,000 men.

http://www.cancer.org...

But wait there is more, in Denmark it is 0.82 per 100,000.

Why is that important? Bestiality is legal in Denmark.

So if you are following me the inconclusive identification of bestiality as a
risk factor NOT CAUSE of penile cancer in rural Brazil for uncircumcised people having promiscuous group sex really has nothing at all to do with bestiality as a practice got it. No one should be afraid of this.

Finally but really most importantly, it's not your penis to risk even if this wasn't complete BS.

Well... I guess it didn't take 10,000 characters. Don't you love statistics?

If 2 species have similar genetics, they can interbreed, and create hybrid species
I
f this is going where I think it's going you need to give the bestiary back to the 4th century BC greek poet you bought it from. There are no centaurs, there are no minotaurs, there are no satyrs; got it? Good.

A human can have similar genetics to a chimp or a bonobo, they can interbreed, and create a new species.

Ok there is a VERY VERY slight chance of that happening, but a much much greater chance (a VERY slight chance) that any offspring would be infertile. It doesn't really matter though since I am sure that would constitute less than 1% of 1% of all zoosexual acts.

Also if there was a hybrid, we would not know how to raise it, should we let it adapt to human behaviour or the wild animal's behaviour?

Let it choose for itself obviously. Try to raise it human but if it's obvious it can't live by human rules or make it in human society give it other options... why am I even taking this point seriously?

urapai

Pro

urapai forfeited this round.
ADreamOfLiberty

Con

ADreamOfLiberty forfeited this round.
urapai

Pro

urapai forfeited this round.
ADreamOfLiberty

Con

ADreamOfLiberty forfeited this round.
urapai

Pro

urapai forfeited this round.
ADreamOfLiberty

Con

ADreamOfLiberty forfeited this round.
urapai

Pro

urapai forfeited this round.
Posted by UserNameThatIsBeingTyped 2 years ago
UserNameThatIsBeingTyped
http://www.debate.org... #191

Even if my opponent posts another round I will not be able to respond in time. Sorry.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 2 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
Hey it's just the vernacular of the people. When I say animal I mean non-human animal, and when I say human I mean human animal (and a lot of other things that really are best surmised in one word).
Posted by LightlessDimension 2 years ago
LightlessDimension
We are animals, let's try not to offer this false dichotomy of "Human/Animal". Thank you.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 2 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
Actually here is the updated dialogue:

... because I've made a campaign of new advertisements to inform the people on this crazy blue marble that we call earth, how they or their man can bang all manner of beasts towards the mutual sanctification of all. Along with being educational...
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 2 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
"Oh, god. Not this again."

You can just imagine how I would update the message from old spice to....
Posted by Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat 2 years ago
Nerd_in_a_Trenchcoat
Oh, god. Not this again.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 2 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
the action of officially allowing someone to do a particular thing; consent or authorization

And now, with the awesome power of the internet, definitions are at your finger tips too!

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com...
Posted by BlindFollower 2 years ago
BlindFollower
define the word 'permission'
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 2 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
"Just out of the interest for clarification, the Pro is arguing sans-current laws against beastiality?"
Not necessarily, they can choose any existing law they wish; or try to support a hypothetical one. I do not believe any of that is necessary since there is very little in the language of specific laws that change their abstract quality.
Posted by ADreamOfLiberty 2 years ago
ADreamOfLiberty
"I'd hate to have the government come knocking on my door after my Google search history has keywords related to beastiality in the interest of "academic research"."

They haven't come knocking on my door and I've been doing that for years and years. It's spelled bestiality (although it might be cooler the other way). I am familiar with a lot of what little research there is, I can refer you to specific books, articles, and studies if you have an idea of what data or diddling speculation you are looking for.
Vote Placed by kbub 2 years ago
kbub
ADreamOfLibertyurapaiTied
Reasons for voting decision: I missed our debate :'( Also Con, you could have refuted better than that! I know you have some good arguments in there, but I think you tend to be consigning yourself to respond to your opponent. You have good defense; let's see some offense!! Of course, FF and Con wins. Also, watch your conduct Con. urapai, make sure you complete your debates and give more support for your claims. Saying it causes diseases is history's method of tactfully saying "it's just plain wrong" (homosexuality scares, interratial marriage scares, xenophobia, now interspecies intercourse). Your hybrid species argument sound eerily similar to the arguments against interracial sex, that "hybrid" races would emerge (which people found scary for some reason). The rape thing I think could be a strong argument, but you must develop it!
Vote Placed by Jay-D 2 years ago
Jay-D
ADreamOfLibertyurapaiTied
Reasons for voting decision: Even though I really don't agree with Con's views, he made an excellent case, although only in a single round, and gets points for arguments & sources. Conduct is tied. Both were horrible with that many forfeits.