corporealbeing
missbailey8

Bestiality should be legalized in the United States.

corporealbeing

corporealbeing

Pro

I have set a few rules for having an open-minded debate about a controversial taboo.

- The first round will be accepting the challenge only.
- The final round will be our closing arguments, and no new evidence will be brought up.
- Bestiality will hereby be defined as sexual intercourse between a person and an animal.
- Zoophilia will hereby be defined as an erotic fixation on animals that may result in sexual excitement through real or imagined contact.
- We will not personally attack each other or resort to ad hominems. Attacking me and calling me a pervert will not further your argument.
- Data must be backed by credible sources.
missbailey8

Con

corporealbeing

Pro

Since this is my opening, I will keep things relatively simple.

I'd like to begin my argument by addressing commonly used arguments by those who are opposed to bestiality being legalized. Arguments I encounter often (besides "you're disgusting") are the following: you have a high risk of getting diseases when having sex with animals, you manipulate animals like a pedophile would manipulate children, animals cannot consent, and if an animal is raped, it cannot call the police.

I have to admit, disease is one of the weaker arguments. Not only are there many other ways of getting diseases that are legal, but this argument was (and still is) used against gays because AIDS is more likely to be spread through male homosexual intercourse than heterosexual intercourse. It is up to the individual to have sex at their own risk. I would delve into this more, and if this is one of your arguments I'd have to, but a reasonable person would see how illogical this argument really is.

First off, let me clear things up: I believe that the rape of both animals and humans is bad.

Now many opposed to bestiality may compare it to the actions of pedophiles, saying in both scenarios the zoophile/pedophile is coercing the animal/child into sex, making the act technically consensual, but immoral nonetheless. Zoophilia and pedophilia are different.

A human child can be effected greatly by a pedophile, even if they consent. This is because humans tend to feel more shame than animals, and sexual intercourse carries more emotional weight.

You probably have some sort of pride or self-worth, so you wouldn't get down on your hands and knees and beg for a treat if you didn't have to, because to most humans that would be humiliating. A dog, however, feels no shame in this act. Now imagine you are the one who has the treat. If a human being wanted the treat, you would say yes or no. You wouldn't demand them to get on their hands and knees and beg for it.

We do this to dogs because they don't mind, and they are perfectly willing, because the act of begging isn't shameful to them like it is to humans. We also don't make fun of them for being so desperate as we would a human, because we know dogs have a different mindset than us.

Animals aren't as effected by sexual intercourse as humans are, so if they consent, and they have sex with a human, they will probably forget about it within a few days. This is because most animals are polygamous, meaning they have meaningless sex all the time. They usually don't form long lasting bonds with their sexual partner. Sex is usually just for reproduction purposes, and if you're a dog, and sex with a human is a one time thing, you forget about it the next day.

Of course, this depends on what type of animal it is. Dolphins are intelligent, and I know of two incidents where a dolphin fell in love with a human, later killing himself or herself because they were separated from the human. One of them was named Peter, and he fell in love with a human female who, sadly, wasn't a zoophile and didn't feel the same way for him. They were separated, and Peter ended his life. [1] Dolly the dolphin seduced a male zoophile in the seventies, and after a year of rubbing up against him and masturbating on him, they finally had sex. The man moved away, and she, like Peter, killed herself. I would also like to note: it is impossible to rape a dolphin in water, because a dolphin can swim much faster than a human and has an overall advantage. [2]

A majority of animals, however, partake primarily in meaningless polygamy.

Both the previously mentioned cases of dolphin on human romance are also examples of animals consenting to humans. They consented by using body language, subduction, and yielding to a species that had a clear disadvantage to them in the water. Another way of telling whether or not an animal wants sex is by checking if they are in heat. Try to make a move, and if the animal is interested, you can partake in a consensual experience with them.

Zoophile Malcolm Brenner (the man who had sex with Dolly) wanted to have sex with the family dog, whom his mother was using for breeding. Brenner tried to have sex with her, but stopped, as she was clearly not interested. The is an example of knowing when to stop due to body language and action.

Despite this, many who are anti-bestiality are worried about the animal's well being, and rightfully so. These people believe bestiality should be illegal because the animals cannot tell the police that they have been abused during sex. With this logic, they must also believe that animals shouldn't be owned by humans because animals cannot tell the police when they have been abused.

Whether or not animals should be liberated from humans is a separate debate, so let's agree on this: most people don't believe owning pets is wrong, even though most cases of animal abuse go unreported because an abuser can beat an animal in the privacy or his or her own home. [3]

Not to mention hanging animals, suffocating them, keeping them in cages their whole life, killing them, and eating their tasty organs at McDonalds is accepted by a majority of Americans. Who am I kidding? It's not just America, it's the world. Humanity is indeed an evil species if a vast majority of them believe that all of the previous mentioned atrocities are okay, but when someone has consensual sexual intercourse with an animal, they are deemed sick, disgusting perverts that don't deserve to live.

So if we really wanted to crack down on abuse, we'd all go vegan.

Citations:

[1] http://www.theguardian.com...
[2] http://www.vice.com...
[3] http://m.humanesociety.org...
missbailey8

Con

missbailey8 forfeited this round.
corporealbeing

Pro

My argument extends.
missbailey8

Con

missbailey8 forfeited this round.
corporealbeing

Pro

My argument extends.
missbailey8

Con

missbailey8 forfeited this round.
corporealbeing

Pro

corporealbeing forfeited this round.
missbailey8

Con

missbailey8 forfeited this round.
Posted by 13B77 11 months ago
13B77
Actually I have been thinking about it a alot myself lately.
And you might be on to something here.
Posted by corporealbeing 11 months ago
corporealbeing
@corporealbeing Ahhhhhhhhhhh, thanks? I guess.
Posted by 13B77 11 months ago
13B77
@corporealbeing
wwoooww there fella are you saying that would never love a chicken personally but would fight for the rights of the chicken lovers. Ah like a technical fowl. I kinda like your fortitude but your on the side bro. Those donkey dippers & cow turders will not have your back. Leave the degenerates to breed themselves out of existence. seriously though you have debate skills. Peace
Posted by Vict0rian 11 months ago
Vict0rian
This is a topic that needs to be talked about. I cannot see why if an animal comes onto you and you have sex you can be charged for raping it. For some reason people don't believe animals are capable of consent and I don't know why.
Posted by corporealbeing 11 months ago
corporealbeing
@13B77 I've actually have never had sex with an animal. All I'm doing is defending an action that isn't as bad as the populous thinks it is. If you want I could challenge you to a debate and you could defend your anti-bestiality stance there, but saying the someone or something is disgusting isn't an argument, it's a ad hominem, which is a logical fallacy.
Posted by 13B77 11 months ago
13B77
Anybody who wants/has sex with a animal needs to be put out of their misery. And anyone who argues for for it to be legal needs to take a long look at themselves.

Judging by most of the accounts I have seen on here though it's probably accepted by all the cliques keyboard warriors and trolls. Here's a tip. Instead of debating society get out of your depressing dungeon and join one.
Vote Placed by ThinkBig 11 months ago
ThinkBig
corporealbeingmissbailey8Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit.