MaxLamperouge
debateamphibian

Better Anime: Code Geass(Pro) or Baccano(Con)?

MaxLamperouge
Started: 4/11/2016 Category: TV

MaxLamperouge

Pro

1st round = acceptance.
My arguments will be presented in 2nd round.
Code Geass is better than Baccano.
Definitions:
Better - more attractive, appealing, effective, useful, etc. higher in quality (Merriam Webster)
Baccano- "A fantasy caper involving alchemists, gangsters and immortality is spread over several decades." An anime about the mafia called Baccano.
Code Geass- An anime that aired in the early 2000s revolving around this plot-line: "The Holy Empire of Britannia conquered the country known as Japan and now call it Area 11. Its residents lost their rights to self-govern and are now called Elevens. The Empire uses powerfully destructive robotic weapons called Knightmares to ensure control, but someone is about to stand up against it. Lelouch, the black prince, has endless ambition and uses the power of the Geass to build a world based on his ideals. Suzaku Kururugi, the white knight, aspires to justice and strives to live an honest and fair life."
debateamphibian

Con

Code Grease is clearly the better anim" as opposed Bacon-o(Con).
1. Code Grease has far better characters, from Ushishiyu to Shiukuuyyyuiaaauie, to even Bok. Meanwhile, Bacon-o is materialistic conformist propaganda that panders to the US. I hardly cared about "Bart" and "Dorphny" as opposed to the multilayered, vulnerable King Usssshukiuaygaga.
2. Code Greasy is far superior because it is set in a tropical rainforest in the south pacific compared to Banana, which is set in a dangerous, yet also cute prison in North Korea. #greasyisbetter is a lot more kawaii than Bacon-no which is animated with the incompetence you'd expect from the North Korean race.
3. The moral of Code Geese is about friendship, compassion, and the horrors of totalitarianism. Banana explores the themes of fart jokes and potty humor, and daddy issues. They just pander to sheeple who like to have things spoonfed to their little pieholes.
In conclusion, Code Grease is one of the greatest anniemays of the last millenium. Rebuttal me #prayforukkkuuguajjayjie
MaxLamperouge

Pro

The First thing I would like to point out is my opponent is, I suspect, a troll. He has also ignored my "1st round=acceptance".
The second thing I would like to point out is that he has not upheld his resolution at all. He was supposed to be supporting baccano, but he supported the wrong resolution and made ridiculous arguments that dont make sense and I wont even try to counter them because they failed to uphold the resolution.

I will, however, uphold my resolution.
Code Geass is better than Baccano for 2 main reasons. First, amazing and enthralling story-line. Second, Longer story-line.

Code Geass has a much better story-line than Baccano. There are many elements to the story line, and I invite the judges to watch the show themselves. It is the story of lelouch, who is gifted with the power of Geass. Geass allows him to (if he has eye to eye contact) make that person do whatever he wants - once. He uses his Geass to try and destory the Brittanian Empire, which turns out to be his fathers empire. He is angry with his father for leaving him and his crippled sister in Japan. Slowly, he builds a terrorist army which can rival the Brittanian Empire, and he calls this army the Black Knights. I cant tell you any more of the story without spoiling it, its really great. You should watch it.
Source:http://codegeass.wikia.com...

Baccano on the other hand is exremly fast paced. The story-line is about gangsters fighting in 1930s NY. They fight on a train and try to kill some people. However, Its so fast you can hardly keep up with the story-line. And its not a show progressing foward in time. Throughout the episodes, the scenes are constantly in different time periods, making it hard to build one progressing story-line in your mind.

Baccano also has only 13 episodes! Even if you like the show, theres only thirteen short episodes, leaving you hungry for more if you liked it but without anything to feed on. Later, three more episodes are added on, like a sequel to it, but thats just 16 episodes, far less than a usual anime would have.
https://en.wikipedia.org...

Code Geass on the other hand has 50 episodes! You can watch the series multiple times! Its a long but so enthralling story-line, leaving you picking new favorite characters and sure to be your new favorite anime series.
If you dont believe me, watch em!

I hope I have proved that Code Geass is better than Baccano.
Max Lamperouge
debateamphibian

Con

debateamphibian forfeited this round.
MaxLamperouge

Pro

Too bad, my opponent has forfeit.
Extend arguments...
debateamphibian

Con

debateamphibian forfeited this round.
MaxLamperouge

Pro

Extend...
debateamphibian

Con

debateamphibian forfeited this round.
Posted by Brendan21 1 year ago
Brendan21
@SkyLeach This is clearly a opinion based debate where both debaters are most likely not going to change their minds but voters can still decide on who made a better argument for which anime.
Posted by Brendan21 1 year ago
Brendan21
I may be interested in taking you up on this debate once it finishes with the debating period. I've watched baccano and consider it one of my favorite anime but code geass I struggled to watch and honestly remember little of the plot.
Posted by SkyLeach 1 year ago
SkyLeach
this like arguing over what smells worse between burrito shits or chili shits
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
arguments are in yo ;)
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
What a joke. Sad, this could have been a fun debate.
Ill wait a little while before I respond...
Posted by MaxLamperouge 1 year ago
MaxLamperouge
Amen!
Posted by Cooldudebro 1 year ago
Cooldudebro
Go, Code Geass!
Vote Placed by ssadi 1 year ago
ssadi
MaxLamperougedebateamphibianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited 3 out of 4 rounds, so conduct goes to Pro..
Vote Placed by lannan13 1 year ago
lannan13
MaxLamperougedebateamphibianTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con had forfeited 3 times as well as broken the rules established by Pro as he posted his arguments in round 1 despite round one only being for acceptance, so Conduct points go to Pro. Con's arguments consist of simple trolling from an aspect of a homosexual relationship to him outright saying that Code Geass is better. That alone constitutes a win for Pro. Pro goes on to argue that Code Geass lasts longer as well as is more dramatic while Baccano is too fast pace. This would explain the short series. The fact that Baccano is so short would possibly have something to do with the quality of the show. With these things in mind and the fact that Con didn't refute any arguments made, but conceded that Code Geass was better warrents the arguments points to Pro.