Beyonc" is a femenist icon

This first round is for an opponent to accept the challenge. The proposition/for speaker will have two rounds to argue their points why Beyonc" is a feminist icon. I wait patiently for the person to accept my debate. But beware, even though I'm young, I have a lot of fire and I'm not afraid of anything. So step up if you think you can take me on.

she isn't a femenist icon because some femenist don't always look to her

First off, you are saying she is a feminist icon in this a debate so get your side right, just saying.

First off to define the motion, feminists believe that men and women are to be treated equal. If you look at Beyonc" and her songs, she believes in empowering women but that they are better than men. In "Run the world" Beyonc" feels that girls are superior to men.

Can we really put Beyonc" in the same category of amazing feminists like Mary Ward, the founder of the Loreto schools around the world. What does singing about how girls are better than boys have to do with giving women the same right to education as men.

Thank you and I look forward to your response.

laurab forfeited this round.

In the last round of the debate, I will be discussing how the music industry decides what clothes, music and image of the artist. When an artist signs a contract with a label, they are agreeing to do whatever the label wants to do. This is no different to Beyonc". She looks and sounds like the person the public want to see and hear. If she really was a feminist icon, then she would break away from that scene and follow her own path instead of being a puppet in someone else's show.

In conclusion the reason why I believe that Beyonc" is not a feminist is because the industry controls her action and clothing choices. Also, can we really put her in the same category as so many women who have done so much for women's rights. I am not saying that Beyonc" isn't an amazing performer or a spectacular singer, I just don't see her as a feminist icon.

Thank you for listening and I beg you to oppose this motion.

laurab forfeited this round.
Vote Placed by birdlandmemories 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeit