greatman777
thisguy13

Beyonce is better than Mariah Carey

greatman777

Pro

Well First off beyonce can dance, you can hardly call what mariah does dancing. mariah doesn't have her own clothing line. mariah doesn't rap. Beyonce rapped in her song "Carmen" if you don't belive me look it up.
thisguy13

Con

I COMPLETELY agree with you... but you forgot to add that Beyonce is way hotter than mariah carey.
greatman777

Pro

I know RIGHT!!! but i am gay so that is irrelevant. lolz
thisguy13

Con

thisguy13 forfeited this round.
greatman777

Pro

greatman777 forfeited this round.
thisguy13

Con

thisguy13 forfeited this round.
greatman777

Pro

greatman777 forfeited this round.
thisguy13

Con

thisguy13 forfeited this round.
greatman777

Pro

greatman777 forfeited this round.
thisguy13

Con

thisguy13 forfeited this round.
Posted by acelestialsky 3 years ago
acelestialsky
I am not sure who is better. I am a fan of both of them. I cannot comment on their personalities, because we only know what the media tells us, and we all know that is subject to what the media wants to show. I don't know them personally, of course.

Musically, I find them about equal. They each have their strengths and weaknesses!

In the 90's, Mariah Carey was given much better material to sing, in my opinion. Her voice was much better in the recordings, too, back then. I'm not saying she has gotten worse or that her voice has changed, but it's just what they put out there. It does not sound the same to me. Mariah has been given low key music to sing-- instead of her old-time belt-out songs or strong ballads. Her forte is the strong ballands. She has a very powerful voice and a large range.

Beyonce has some great music that most people don't even know about. Beyonce is given music by agents who choose what she is to record. The singers don't always get to pick. And even when they do get to pick, sometimes it doesn't go as planned. If you want to know the true strengths and the power of Beyonce's voice, don't listen to her regular stuff, because it pales in comparison to her obscure material. Listen to the song "Listen" from the Dreamgirls soundtrack. It is her best piece, vocally. When I heard that, it totally made me love her voice. Before that song, I knew that she was probably capable of more, but we just hadn't heard it yet. She doesn't get to do many of those belt-out songs such as "Listen". That song shows her true capability... so much so, that I think she is just as good as Mariah. I think they're both awesome singers.

As for dancing and performing, again, they're right there up with each other. Beyonce puts off a more dominant / independent/ fierce vibe. Mariah put off a more feminine, calm vibe. Both are very different, but still not comparable to each other in that aspect.