mms21
isaacthemaniac

Bi-sexual

mms21

Pro

My argument is about being Bisexual. I have seen that people are against people being gay, or Bisexual and they say that they don't deserve respect, but that is kinda dumb because its like when people thought the "blacks" were "not good enough" and "didn't deserve respect" and Me being gay hurts, i need someone to debate with that has a strong con.
isaacthemaniac

Con

*disclaimer: Debate purposes only. #activists
The notion that we can compare being bisexual or gay to being black is offensive. People of African descent have absolutely no say on the matter and equating race to being bisexual or gay is simply whitewashing the enormous exploitation and humiliation Africans underwent at the hands of men on account of their skins.
People say being gay or bisexual is natural it is nature,others say it is a choice. If being bisexual is nature, the result of natural occurrences of this nature is procreation so if two people of the same sex mate,no procreation occurs, is that really natural? And if it is by choice then one can not demand acceptance by invoking the painful memories of slavery. Also, if I enjoy something but people have an aversion to it, should I equate that to noble principles like freedom from tyranny? I contend that if people are against being gay and what not,that should not be equated to slavery and should be interpreted in a manner that addresses this aversion. And if people do not respect gay or bisexual people,it would be unamerican to impose our feelings on them... live and let live, then again man will condemn all those who challenge his desires whether noble or perverse.
Who thought blacks were not good? They we're exploited but everyone understood that they could rebel and could be a threat.
mms21

Pro

mms21 forfeited this round.
isaacthemaniac

Con

Its not easy to debate without a response. But I only insist that a sexual choice can not be treated like a natural feature like race. And because of that, one can not say that sexual deviants, bisexuals or homosexuals whatever the term can not demand respect in the same category as Africans that where enslaved.
mms21

Pro

Well I am not saying that they automatically deserve respect like royalty or anything, I'm just saying that some people just flat out say that no matter what they deserve no respect just because of what they are and the genders that they like. Which in my mind makes NO SENSE because all living tings should be treated equally.
isaacthemaniac

Con

Yes,all life should be respected,but a human being is shown the most respect given his superiority and domination over all other life on earth, and as such a human life is priceless compared to that of a swine. Do people give them no respect because of what they are (which is wrong ) or because of who they choose to be (which makes respect a result of their choices), so living things should be treated with dignity,in fact all things, but we should not condemn people because they choose to accept our choices...that is why it's called freedom...
mms21

Pro

again stop with the "freedom stuff" your being a bit bias right now and all, but so your saying if your gay you should be treated like a slave????? or differently????
isaacthemaniac

Con

freedom - by this i mean someone should be free to choose what and who he or she wants to respect. When you say stop with the freedom stuff, do you mean that people who choose not to respect others should be arrested or imprisoned for that choice?
I am saying that people who make non heterosexual choices should not compel others to respect them whether through the court system or social mechanisms. and this would apply to anyone. I am saying that people have the right to treat gay/straight people as they want and should not be subject to accusations of bias and the likes
mms21

Pro

wait then why are you con? because I am saying that they DESErVE COMPLETE RESPECT I'm the pro saying that they should be treated like the rest of us not any differently because New york time's states that Bisexual, gay, lesbian, etc.... are treated differently and I am saying thats WRONG!!!
isaacthemaniac

Con

isaacthemaniac forfeited this round.
Posted by whiteflame 11 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: ZachZimmey// Mod action: Removed<

7 point to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture, unbiased, better arguments/ refuting, and mms21 has stated that "...they deserve no respect just because of what they are and the genders that they like...", which goes against her whole argument. One also cannot be Christian and homosexual at the same time, which she is.

[*Reason for removal*] (1) The voter does not explain S&G or sources. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained, as the voter appears to incorporate their own biases and fails to analyze Con's arguments in the explanation.
************************************************************************
Posted by isaacthemaniac 11 months ago
isaacthemaniac
vote: to cast a vote....: )
Posted by ZachZimmey 1 year ago
ZachZimmey
What was the reason for your posting your previous comment? Were you implying that you spelled You're wrong because you were in study hall? Please explain. :|
Posted by mms21 1 year ago
mms21
haha sorry I was in study hall!
Posted by ZachZimmey 1 year ago
ZachZimmey
"...again stop with the "freedom stuff" your being a bit bias right now..."

Isn't your whole argument kind of subjective due to the fact that you are homosexual? You are letting your feelings get in the way with your argument because of this.

P.S. It should be spelled "you're" in your argument, not "your".
Posted by Heirio 1 year ago
Heirio
Debates around this topic get me riled. I don't really wanna be in that state right now, it's not that nice.
Posted by Jerry947 1 year ago
Jerry947
If you ever want to debate me on the subject...feel free to challenge me.
Posted by Heirio 1 year ago
Heirio
Moreover, your first source claimed to be able to help homosexuals change their sexuality. This has never been proven to work.
Posted by Heirio 1 year ago
Heirio
Well, if you actually read my comment, you'd see I was talking about whether or not it was natural.

"1. Homosexuals are more likely to have mental health issues. Link: exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php

2. There are higher sexual molestation rates among homosexuals. See link above.

3. Then there is the matter of Sexual promiscuity. This helps support the spread of disease and the homosexual community does not do well with this at all. Over 83% of homosexuals have over 50 partners in their lifetime. Link: Same as above.

4. The arguments my opponent has used could literally be used for "voyeurism, necrophilia, bestiality, polygamy, incest, exhibitionism, fetishes, frotterism, masochism, sadism, etc.? (https://carm.org......). Homosexuality is dangerous whether people want to admit it or not."

1. I'm glad to see that you use biased sources to support your argument. Also, mental issues may be more common in LGBT people because of the immense amount of oppression they are forced to deal with from people like you.
2. See comment above.
3. See comment above, and STI's are not exclusive to homosexuals you do realise?
4. What the hell do necrophilia, bestiality, polygamy, incest, and all those other things have to do with it?

I see that later in the debate you use the Bible as a source. Need I remind you about the talking snake that also appeared in the Bible? And the genocide via flooding? And the six day creation?
Using badly written books are sources doesn't help your claim.

Your claims are backed by biased sources and a badly written book. Show me an unbiased source, then we'll talk.
Posted by Jerry947 1 year ago
Jerry947
If you weren't saying it was good, then why did you bring it up?

Homosexuality causes lots of problems.
See these two debates I was in...

a. http://www.debate.org...
b. http://www.debate.org...