JoeRoman
silvertechfilms

Bible Fiction vs. The Bible

JoeRoman

Pro

Is it wise to write "fiction" when it comes to the Bible? My answer is ABSOLUTELY NOT. Here is why; people read this nonsense and eventually the nonsense becomes Scripture. You can't imagine how many Christians I run into that talk Bible prophecy making nonsense. They quote what they learned from the traditions and fictions of men. One example, a typical Left Behind addict says this "The Antichrist is a homosexual Atheist who comes out of Europe". While this statement is a lump sum one can never find it in the Bible. I then ask them, "how do you know he is homosexual from the Bible" by the time they research the Bible they use one vrese from Daniel 11 "He will not honor the desire of women", then I ask "How does that make a conclusion that the Antichrist is homosexual?" The verse never said "He doesn't desire women", it says "he doesn't honor the desire of women", in other words, he cares less about what women want; he is anti women just as God prophesied in the Garden, that the devil will hate the woman. Summary: The Bible is a blessing and a curse, one can be cursed for reading into the Bible what it doesn't say and one can be blessed for allowing God to say to us what is WRITTEN. The Bible is holy. It needs to be dealt with reverence and utmost care. In America today I find little respect to the Bible, especially by so many who profess it. If you look at Tim Lahay's sexual books, he uses the Bible to get into the most disgusting porn discussions one can read. Sex sells, especially in the name of God. I have shared a pulpit with Tim Lahay and have stated in front of his face what I felt about some of his lousy work. But American evangelicals are the type that love to make Christian heros and the moment you say anything about them the soldiers flock in defense of their idol. Tim Tebow is a great example of what Evangelical Americans love to see as a symbol of Christian heros. Yet Tebow tucked his tail when a pastor who was anti-Homosexuality invited him in which Tebow was criticized by the media. The moment the media attacked Tebow, he pulled out, tucked tail and ran like a coward. Most Evangelicals in America do not know that the Bible says that "Cowards" will "not inherit the Kingdom". This is a serious issue to be a coward, don't you think?
silvertechfilms

Con

It's a book. What's your point?
JoeRoman

Pro

JoeRoman forfeited this round.
JoeRoman

Pro

JoeRoman forfeited this round.
JoeRoman

Pro

JoeRoman forfeited this round.
silvertechfilms

Con

I can wait all week if I have too.
JoeRoman

Pro

JoeRoman forfeited this round.
silvertechfilms

Con

Okay then, guess you are not coming back.
Posted by Stephen_Hawkins 4 years ago
Stephen_Hawkins
What are you debating? "This house would not lie about the Bible"? You wouldn't come across people who'd accept the debate. Find a "controversial" topic to debate.