Bible Inerrancy

Francium77 has forfeited round #1.
Updated: 1 week ago Status: Debating Period

I have been wanting to do a debate like this for awhile, so hopefully it is a good one. Pro will be arguing for the inerrancy of the Bible while I'll be arguing against.

Pro should demonstrate that the Bible is without flaw, handed down to us by God; and I will be arguing that it is a man made book of ancient knowledge.

Pro can use Bible quotations, but the assumption of inerrancy is not allowed as this is circular reasoning as it is the object to be proved. Additionally any such tactic will be an automatic disqualification.

Inerrant--perfect in form and knowledge
Demonstrate--prove in a greater degree than it is disproved
God- perfect, omnipotent, all knowing creator of the universe as described in the Bible

First round is acceptance. Good luck!
Posted by Philosophy101 5 days ago
I'm not sure what is going on with this debate; I contacted DDO about the problem, but they haven't responded--it would appear for now this debate is broken.
Posted by Philosophy101 1 week ago
It'a a good question isn't it?
Posted by David_Debates 1 week ago
Can you define which Bible we'd be using? Catholic? Protestant? Lutheran?
Posted by toocoolblue 1 week ago
Mighty interesting topic I would love to take you on. But there's just one problem. I don't know everything in the Bible. The Bible may be inerrant but I'm not. Pretty much every time I read the Bible, I learn something new. It's the only book I know that gets bigger the more I read it.

There are events in it recorded in the distant past which are admittedly open to different interpretations. And events in the future which also have been interpreted differently. That's one reason we have so many different churches. But how can anyone say their interpretation of an insignificant detail 5000 years ago is exactly correct?

As is, I think I'll hang out here in the comments, and see if I can contribute in any way.

I hope the debate instigator checks in and is open for questions.