Bible contradictions, can I debunk them????

In this debate, I want my opponet to bring up as many bible contraditions as they can, and I will try to refute them... good luck to you and to me...

Genesis 1-16

God made two powerful lights, the brighter one to rule the day and the other to rule the night

Science shows that the moon doesn’t omit it’s own light.

"But for Adam[f] no suitable helper was found. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man."

Genesis 2-20-22

This is not correct at all. This would mean we are all related to each other. Forensics debunks this theory.

"These are the birds you are to regard as unclean and not eat because they are unclean: the eagle, the vulture, the black vulture . . . The stork, any kind of heron, the hoopoe and the bat." (Leviticus 11:13-19)

"There are, however, some flying insects that walk on all fours that you may eat: those that have jointed legs for hopping on the ground. Of these you may eat any kind of locust, katydid, cricket or grasshopper." (Leviticus 11:21-22)
- Since when do locusts, katydids (bush-crickets), crickets, and grasshoppers have four legs?

Because of what you have done,you will be the only animato suffer this curse—For as long as you live,you will crawl on your stomach and eat dirt.

Snakes don’t eat dirt!

Noah was 600 years old when he went into the boat to escape the flood

Genesis 7-5

We humans, right now, are lucky to live to 80. The oldest living man is 125 years old. This would mean Noah was 475 years older than him when he boarded the boat. In Egyptian territories, to live to 60 was ancient. Noah was 540 years older than the the considered ancient Egyptians. This is impossible!

The Lord told Noah:

Take your whole family with you into the boat, because you are the only one on this earth who pleases me

Genisis 7-1

I have many problems with this. Clearly, there must have been other good, God fearing people. If this was true, he let them all die. This also means we are decendants of Noah which forensics, proves impossible.

10Seven days later a flood began to cover the earth

Genesis 7-10

Again, this means we are all decendants of Noah.

The Lord destroyed everything that breathed

Why would God kill these animals. They did nothing wrong.

Genesis 7-22

Also, animals from different continents or nations would die. Like the buffalo. Unless Noah was in North America, all would have died. See my point. Animals from different continents than Noah would all die

I have to forfit due to my schedule, I am sorry.

SPYDIR forfeited this round.

7 point drop. I win

SPYDIR forfeited this round.

SPYDIR forfeited this round.

Posted by GarretKadeDupre 2 years ago
LMAO how did Pro not win this debate!? Con didn't even attack the resolution.
Posted by SPYDIR 2 years ago
thank you complicated mind, but I am still going to awnser his quesitons, regardless if they are contradictions or not, most of them I can anwser off the top of my head, but the others require quite a lot of work. I will get back as soon as possible.
Posted by Complicated_Mind 2 years ago
OMFG I'M DYING. XD Con doesn't know what a contradiction is. Don't accept a debate if you don't know what one of the key words is. Poor Pro.

A contradiction isn't how logical something is. A contradiction are two opposing statements that are supposed to be true that are in the same texts. For example, "Lisa said her favorite color is blue. She repainted her blue walls pink because she liked pink better." All of your examples aren't contradictions. -.- smh. It's completely unrealistic that Noah was 600, that you cannot deny, however the bible never stated otherwise, therefore it is not a contradiction.

Easy win for Pro.
Posted by SPYDIR 2 years ago
thanks for the tup, but I will make do,
Posted by philochristos 2 years ago
I think you ought to limit it to three or so because it takes a lot more room to reconcile a contradiction than to just point one out. Your opponent could flood his post with scripture references that he thinks contradict each other, and you won't have room to respond to all of them.
Vote Placed by LostintheEcho1498 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro gave up. points to con.
Vote Placed by XLAV 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: FF.