Romanii
robert3233

Bible is God's Word

Romanii

Romanii

Con

This is one of my favorite subjects to debate, and I have actually done this 2 times before, but I didn't really find it fulfilling either time because my opponent either avoided my answering my contentions or responded with a barrage of insults and condemnation.
Hopefully this debate will go better.

Please go ahead and present your argument first, since you have the burden of proof in this debate.
Good luck!

P.S. I will be requesting that you do not post any arguments or rebuttals in the 5th round, to ensure that we have the same number of rounds to debate.
robert3233

Pro

sadly, I have to agree and disagree with you in your case so bear with me as I am new. First of all, noone knows for sure weather or not it is gods word as it was written by humans and interpreted as such. second I don't really have the burden of proof because I am for and against you.

P.S. I am hoping that you tell me the stuff I already know, as I haven't heard it before and it will be really fun, I think its your turn to give an arguement now.
Romanii

Con

My single biggest argument for the invalidity of the Bible is that it contradicts itself dozens of times and is full of inexplicable paradoxes. I have posted 2 videos here that provide several examples of these.

The Bible cannot be God's word because there is no way that a perfect God's word would be so IMperfect.
robert3233

Pro

true, the bible which was written and percieved by man is full of contradictions. but, the real point of the bible is not for(in my eyes)gods word. the point of the bible is to sum everything up for something as imperfect and unevolved as humans.

so, in the end what is the bible really, gods truth, or a mask to keep us away from the truth?
Romanii

Con

The Bible has the potential to either lead a man to God or away from God.
If taken literally, the Bible encourages hate and ignorance.
If taken with a grain of salt (seeing that the Bible's stories are just parables and allegories), the Bible encourages virtuous lifestyles, love towards all, and having faith in God.
robert3233

Pro

robert3233 forfeited this round.
Romanii

Con

Yet another Biblical Validity debate gone downhill.
robert3233

Pro

robert3233 forfeited this round.
Romanii

Con

Extend all arguments?
robert3233

Pro

robert3233 forfeited this round.
Posted by ironsheik7 3 years ago
ironsheik7
@ Romanii I saw your comments on my eternal security debate. And replied to the comment section, but just in case you never venture back to that specific comment section.

I would love to debate you, you could make a Bible is Gods Word (2) Feel free to use your quiz video as well. Just make sure we have some good character count i.e. enough words to answer each others questions okay ? If interested let me know. I would prefer 8,000 or 9,000 character count to be on the safe side, because you never know what questions we may pose to each other. If interested make the debate and holler at me friend !
Posted by robert3233 3 years ago
robert3233
yeay:)
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
Hi. I'm actually going to abstain from using my full arguments here, since I would rather save them for use against a real Bible literalist. For the purposes of this debate, I will just use watered down versions of my real arguments.
Posted by robert3233 3 years ago
robert3233
hi
Posted by Romanii 3 years ago
Romanii
You'll just have to wait and see. I actually have some arguments prepared that definitely disprove the validity of the Bible.
Posted by BlindFollower 3 years ago
BlindFollower
how is this debatable though...
Vote Placed by DudeStop 3 years ago
DudeStop
Romaniirobert3233Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Romanii's arguments were never countered. Pro had very poor grammar. Sources to con as well. Horrible debate, mostly due to pro's lack of commitment,