ourgodisaconsumingfire
socialpinko

Bible or Quran which one is the word of God

ourgodisaconsumingfire

ourgodisaconsumingfire

Pro

The Bible or the Quran which one is the infallible work of God.
socialpinko

Con

I will argue that neither is the word of god and as you are the instigator and have the burden of proof I will wait for you to begin.
ourgodisaconsumingfire

Pro

Atheism turns out to be too simple. If the whole universe has no meaning, we should never have found out that it has no meaning. . ." – Mere Christianity C.S Lewis. To argue about which is the word of God to an atheist is almost impossible. To start out I will say the the proof of burden; Cause beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law that atheism can not be proved. The science as humans we are all flawed. We say so ourselves no one is perfect. So our scientific method is flawed and broken. Before the universe began can you tell me how nothing created something. No this is not a possibility because everything through atheism had to come from something. To start out with the Holy bible over 5,000 documents containing it in Greek and Semitic languages are from a literary perspective perfect. No one has been able to soundly debunk them ever. Only (theory) is in play. The Quran has been changed over a hundred times in its history before its last copy. I will go further in my next round.
socialpinko

Con

My opponent for the majority of his argument is merely trying to debunk atheism. Even as this is not the point of the debate he does not do a very good job at it and as I have little space for a reponse I will try to be quick. My opponent first tries to say that atheism is unprovable. While this is not the point of the debate, my opponent does not understand the distinction between strong and weak atheism. My opponent then claims that science and logic cannot be relied on because humans are imperfect but ignores the precautions taken by scientists to reduce the risk of human error. He then claims that the universe could not have come from nothing which is again not part of this debate. He then claims that there are 5000 documents to show that the bible is "from a literary perspective perfect". This of course has not been backed up with sources so we may discard it. He then claims that because no one has debunked these alleged documents, they must be true. He however brings no sources.
ourgodisaconsumingfire

Pro

I will start with the earliest. The Torah and Dead Sea are at least 3133 years old. This can be relied upon with historical evidence from (science). Also I will name a few of the Injiil or New Testament copies; The John Rylands Fragment Circa 96 AD. Chester Beatty Papyrus 200 AD. Bodmer Papyrus 70 AD. John Rylands Papyri 125 A.D. We also have Josephus's documents as well as the Caesar's accounts and Pliny the Younger. Historical evidence of non Judeo Christian resources. We can follow Christ's footsteps with historical evidence of not only Christian sources as well as the New Testament. Archaeological evidence of biblical places as The Church of the Rock in Jerusalem is factual. The sermon on the mount factual. Patmos where Saint John was captive factual. Paul's journeys again proved as fact. College manuscripts such as Harvard Roman History book states these facts. Sources are their but are you willing to look. Luke's books of accounts the book St. Luke and Acts the places and people fact
socialpinko

Con

The age of the Torah or the Dead Sea is not relevant to it's validity(also what science is it supported by?). He then offers numerous texts but does not write about how this specifically proves that the Bible is the word of god. He then goes on to make a few hollow baseless claims about the sermon on the mount and the chrurch of the rock. He didn not show in any way why specifically these accounts were factual so we may completely disregard that. He then claims that Paul's journey was fact but again did not explain how he reasoned this or why we should believe him. At this point I think my opponent ran out of room trying to claim that the books of Luke and Acts were factual but again provided no real evidence.

This debate seems like a waste as my opponent simply swayed off topic and then brought numerous baseless claims to support his beliefs.

Vote Con
Posted by ourgodisaconsumingfire 6 years ago
ourgodisaconsumingfire
Hey general yes I know that is in the Surat chapters of the Cow in the Quran. Our God is an almighty power who came as God in the flesh as Christ. Go check out my new debate if you would like. Thanks!
Posted by general52 6 years ago
general52
Easy way to bring down the Koran ok watch this.

The Koran teaches that Allah sent the Gospel and the Torah.

The Koran teaches it is blasphemus for a God to have a son.

The Gospel teaches that Christ is the Son of God. Also Genesis technically teaches this to in the very first geneology of Genesis.

Look it up I have seen like 4 different versions of the Koran teach it. The Koran teaches that Allah is Blasphemus.
ourgodisaconsumingfire
Hello social next time we debate and I hope that we have the chance too I will up the character amount. You are a very good debater for a young age. Keep this going and someday you will have a chance to be on a great debate squad in college. Bless you and thank you for accepting the challenge!
Posted by socialpinko 6 years ago
socialpinko
To thse saying that I did not provide my own case, it was kind of difficult to try and debunk my opponents claims and provide my own case in 1,000 characters.
Posted by ashhnashh3 6 years ago
ashhnashh3
I have a question; if the name of this debate is "Bible or Quran which one is the word of God", how do you determine whether you are Pro or Con, because this is not a "this way or that way" thing? Well the title is not.

*
Posted by socialpinko 6 years ago
socialpinko
Wikipedia is a legitamite source in most cases. Although I will probably not use it I would like to reserve the right to use it if I need to. Articles for things like philosophy and religion are usually done well, plus citations are provided at the bottom of every page so you can determine what pages are legitamite.
ourgodisaconsumingfire
Alright well thanks for debating with me! I kept the text amount low. You see though religious as well as atheist debates are almost always circular. But I like this subject. No re sourcing wikipedia or non legitimate websites. I will state my sources the final round. Thank you.
Posted by socialpinko 6 years ago
socialpinko
Im an atheist.
ourgodisaconsumingfire
The Bible or if you are Atheistic in nature or Agnostic please inform me.
Posted by socialpinko 6 years ago
socialpinko
which one are you arguing for?
Vote Placed by bradshaw93 6 years ago
bradshaw93
ourgodisaconsumingfiresocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: con merely said that pro's evidence didn't count.
Vote Placed by Cliff.Stamp 6 years ago
Cliff.Stamp
ourgodisaconsumingfiresocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: "My opponent for the majority of his argument is merely trying to debunk atheism. Even as this is not the point of the debate " - con, this was the side you choose to advocate, you needed to make a case for it.
Vote Placed by ReformedArsenal 6 years ago
ReformedArsenal
ourgodisaconsumingfiresocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: socialpinko, the resolution is clearly an either or resolution. You cannot just redefine the resolution, you lose conduct points for this. Furthermore, you allowed Pro to chose "The Bible" as his side of the either or resolution, and therefore were expected to defend the Quran as your side, which you did not do. That being said, Pro had horrible grammar and a horrible argument... but a horrible argument trumps no argument.
Vote Placed by BangBang-Coconut 6 years ago
BangBang-Coconut
ourgodisaconsumingfiresocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con dd not argue the side he was assigned. instead he opted to vote "Neither" thus he has no stance for the Quran and he loses.
Vote Placed by darnocs1 6 years ago
darnocs1
ourgodisaconsumingfiresocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro had better logic and better supported evidence.
Vote Placed by Cobo 6 years ago
Cobo
ourgodisaconsumingfiresocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con Completly did not base his own stance.
Vote Placed by alextp7 6 years ago
alextp7
ourgodisaconsumingfiresocialpinkoTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con basically told us that pro wasn't giving us legitimate facts because they were not sourced (even though he accepted facts in the 2nd round without sources). He then proceeded by telling us his arguments did not make sense. He really did not argue the point at all.