Biblically : Should We Have Full Confidence that Aborted Babies Go to Heaven?

This is a hard debate, and I don't wanna come across as a person who wants aborted babies to go to hell, but I do want to address this growing phenomenon among Christians that aborted children go to heaven without any second thought.

I am going to try and convince the audience that we should not have full confidence that babies go to heaven.

I cannot argue that I am 100% sure that aborted babies do not go to heaven, but I can make points that would be able to show that we should not have confidence that they do.

The goal of this debate is:

For Con to convice the voters that they SHOULDN'T have FULL CONFIDENCE that aborted babies go to heaven.

For Pro to convince the voters that they SHOULD have FULL CONFIDENCE that aborted go to heaven.

1. This is a biblically foundational debate, so try and use Scripture to back your point.
2. Round 1 is acceptance for Pro.
3. Round 2 is Con's Argument and Pro's Argument + Rebuttals if Wished
4. Round 3 is Rebuttals from both sides
5. Round 4 is Rebuttals/Conclusions/Why voters should vote for your side
6. If one round is forfeited, you automatically forfeit the debate.

If you have any further questions, Pro, then ask me in your Round 1 Acceptance and I'll answer in the comments.

The Bible addresses a baby's need through the blood of Christ. Jesus' blood was provided for the salvation of mankind--men, women and children. Until we reject the promise of God's salvation, the benefit of His death is still available to us. Even though babies are not innocent, they have not rejected God's salvation. The blood of Jesus Christ is there for them.

they go astray as soon as they are born, speaking lies" (Ps. 58:3). so before they are born they are not astray

I appreciate that my oppponent has taken on this very serious debate. I wish him the best of luck in this conversation that is about to go down. I am ready, also, to tackle this debate.

The Goal of this Debate :

The goal of this debate is not to convince the voters that babies automatically go to hell when aborted. I specifically laid out in the title, "Should we have CONFIDENCE that aborted babies go to heaven?"

the feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust.
"we had every confidence in the staff"
synonyms: trust, belief, faith, credence, conviction
"I have little confidence in these figures"
The key words in the definition of confidence is "firm trust".

My goal is that we should not have a firm trust that the souls aborted babies go to heaven.

Another goal of mine is that I want to show the devastation of abortion. As Christians, if we convey that aborted children's souls go to heaven, we are:

1. Promoting to non believers that they are doing their child a favor.
2. Seemingly justifying abortion for ourselves. (Think about it. If you kill a baby before it accepts Christ and it goes to heaven, then that child doesn't have to go through life and not have the chance to deny Christ!)

This is a biblical debate, so I will be using Scripture to back my point up.

1. Before we get started, let me define what heaven and hell are :

Heaven : A place of eternal paradise where the Trinity, angels, and believers will dwell together.
Hell : A place of eternal suffering where sinners dwell

2. In order for us to determine whether the souls of aborted babies go to heaven or hell, we must find Scripture saying what the qualifications for heaven and hell are.

Qualifications for Heaven:

Romans 10:9 - "Because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved."

Luke 13:3 - "No, I tell you; but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

So we have two qualifications. Repentance and confessing that Jesus is Lord and believing that God raised Him from the dead.

Qualifications for Hell:

John 3:17-18 : "Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God."

2 Thessalonians 1:9 - " flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus."

So whoever does not know God and those who do not obey the Gospel are going to hell.

3. Determining whether a baby is sinful at conception or not...

We believe as Christians, that a human life begins at conception, so now we can go further into this debate.

So we know that Christians are born into sin, but what about at the time of conception?

Psalm 51:5 - "Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me."

Psalm 51:5 clarifies to us that from the time we were conceived, we were full of sin. This will run together with my next argument.

We've established, biblically, that:

1. Only those who confess with their mouth that Jesus is Lord, believe that God raised him from the dead, and repent of their sins enter the kingdom of heaven (Romans 10:9, Luke 13:3).

Aborted babies have not confessed with their mouth that Jesus is Lord, believed that God raised him from the dead, and repented of their sins, so therefore they cannot enter the kingdom of heaven.

2. Hell is a place where sinners dwell and we are sinners from the time we are conceived (Psalm 51:5).

We are sinners from the time we are conceived and hell is a place where sinners dwell, so it would be impossible for a child, biblically, to enter the kingdom of heaven.

3. Even those who "do not know God" are condemned for eternity (2 Thessalonnians 1:9).

Clearly in Scripture, even those who don't even know who God is are condemned. We do not know who God is when in the womb, so therefore, it would be impossible for an aborted babies' soul to go to heaven.

Closing Statement

I want all voters to think about this.

You are probably angry at me for this argument because you are thinking...

Why would God send a baby to hell
when the baby has done no wrong?

Here's how I respond to that claim that makes the other side think a bit...

Why would God reward a baby with
heaven when the baby has done no

I admit that God is the only one who TRULY knows if aborted babies go to heaven, but biblically, you can not prove me wrong, which means that we should not have CONFIDENCE aborted babies go to heaven.

Good luck to my opponent!

Rightwrongs forfeited this round.

I am disappointed that my opponent has forfeited the round. I was looking forward to his response. Vote for Con in the Voting round due to lack of argument.

I have had technical issues with internet and was not able to respond, but also give credit to my opponent for his good argument. And to him I apologize for this inconvenience I was looking forward to a good debate.

I must say that there is a difference between not promoting and giving reason for abortion of babies, but comforting mothers who have lost a child at a young age or something such as a miscarriage.I will say that God is a good God and a forgiving god. And has stated that the best of humankind are the children, and I doubt that a God such as ours would condemn a child before his/her chance. Then again God knows what we would have done with our lives had we lived and may judge us on that premise.

I apologize for not responding and congratulate you for a very good argument and your knowledge of scripture.

I appreciate my opponent's response.

I am going to address my opponent's response and claims :

1. Comfort mothers who have lost a child at a young age or something such as a miscarriage.

I agree 100%, but this doesn't really have to do with the debate at hand.

2. God is a good God and a forgiving God.

He is. But he also is a just God and punishes those who are sinners; he does not punish the saints (Romans 2:12, Psalm 37:38).

3. God has stated that the best of humankind are the children, and I doubt that a God such as ours would condemn a child before his/her chance.

First of all, my opponent did not cite a Bible verse for both of his claims, which makes them invalid. I do not recall a Bible verse showing God that the best of humankind are the children.

There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus (Galatians 3:28).

God does not show favoritism to one race or one gender or one person. All of God's children are equal in God's eyes.

Second of all, I can see where you are coming from, but you have no biblical evidence to back your claim up. I have already what God does to unrepentant sinners, and you did not address that.

...Then again God knows what we would have done with our lives had we lived and may judge us on that premise.

My opponent is not sure of himself in this debate because he goes back on his claim.

Thanks for your compliment at the end of your argument.

My opponent's argument was more conversational, which I understand, but I addressed it on a debate level because this is a debate, not a conversation.

Rightwrongs forfeited this round.
Posted by Sir_Kurtock 6 months ago
...and the Lord cares about our bodies." (NLT)

1 Corinthians 3:16-17 " "Don"t you realize that all of you together are the Temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in You. God will bring ruin to anyone who ruins this temple. For God"s temple is holy, and you Christians are that temple." (NLT)
Posted by Sir_Kurtock 6 months ago
Many Christians believe that abortion is wrong, because of their belief that the act of abortion is murdering an unborn baby. While people argue the point of conception and the viability of a fetus, there is no doubt that the Bible does condemn the taking of another person"s life. Thus, the question of whether or not abortion is wrong depends on whether or not you believe aborting a fetus is murder.

A Christian"s view on when life begins has a lot to do with whether or not he or she believes abortion is wrong. A point of contention between pro-choice and pro-life groups is the beginning of life. When does it begin? Many Christians believe that life begins at the moment of conception. Still, others question the beginning of life. Is it at the point of fertilization or when the heart begins beating? The Bible states that God knew us before he even placed us in the mother"s womb, so some Christians take the scripture to mean that an abortion may prevent a person God wanted to create from entering the world, making it wrong.

Psalm 51:5 " "I was born a sinner " yes, from the moment my mother conceived me." (NLT)

Jeremiah 1:5 " "I knew you before I formed you in your mother"s womb." (NLT)

Who Owns Your Body?

Many people are pro-choice because they believe that they have the ultimate say over what happens to their bodies. However, the Bible says that God has the ultimate say. He is in control of your body, because your body is God"s temple. Others argue that God gave us free will, thus allowing us to make a choice with our bodies. However, free will does not always mean we are free from sin. Whether you believe abortion is a sin or not, it is still biblical to care for our bodies.

1 Corinthians 6:12-13 " "You may say "I am allowed to do anything." But I reply, "Not everything is good for you." And even though "I am allowed to do anything," I must not become a slave to anything"But our bodies were not made for sexual immorality. They were made for the Lord
Posted by Rightwrongs 7 months ago
I addressed this in a conversational matter because the debate was over it was not to prove anything but to invoke thought about what you are truly arguing. And though in a debate I may argue one part but it may be playing the devils advocate I am not always in agreement with what I argue for.

this verse I believe sums it up
People were bringing little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them, but the disciples rebuked them. When Jesus saw this, he was indignant. He said to them, "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these. " Mark 10:13-16
Posted by jo021698j 7 months ago
I understand your point @WAM. Many people don't know how to answer that question. There is a website called CARM.ORG when I have tough questions like you do. They address the questions biblically and very well in my opinion. Here is a link that you can read.

I respect your opinion man though I may disagree with it, and I pray that one day you'll understand Christianity in the way I have.

Richard Dawkins is a smart guy, for sure, and it was interesting watching that video you posted.
Posted by WAM 7 months ago
I highly appreciate you dealing with this in a more civil manner.

What I have a problem with are the many contradictions within the Bible.

My grandparents are very strictly catholic, and having spent a lot of time with them I have attended church most likely more often than the majority of people who call themselves 'Christian' nowadays. I can appreciate the community created by attending church, however, this is not very applicable any more in modern western society as the majority of people will attend church maybe twice a year.

I recently had two Christian (not JW) ladies visit my home and attempt to convert me over the course of a couple of weeks, however it seems like they have given up, after spending about an hour each time they visited trying to get me to start 'believing'. The reason why this failed is because whenever they made an argument, a rebuttal followed and they could not justify.

When I asked them what the probability is that the Christian God is the real god, seeing as all religions claim that 'they are the one', they could not answer me. It's simply this blind faith, as well as having being brought up with reason, that I do not believe in God. I can appreciate many of the values from the majority of religions, which are all very similar, yet reject many of the other ones, mainly the ones that restrict one and are about how God is great in one way or another.

Basically like this:
Posted by jo021698j 7 months ago
My first comment cut off.

The sword in Matthew refers to the fact that Christ is the one who brought the sword because of his ministry. Because of Christ, religious hatred sprung up because of his ministry and what He proclaimed throughout the world. That's what the "dissension among brothers" refers to in the later verses. It's talking about brothers disagreeing on who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. He "stirred up war..."
Posted by jo021698j 7 months ago
...stir up war and hatred because of what he has done. His ministry caused uprisings and hatred for believers. So the sword refers to Jesus' coming as the beginning of a religious so called "warfare", if you will.

Mark 9:43-47 is a metaphor and I'll try to explain.

Pornography is considered a sin in Christianity. Let's say a guy was addicted to pornography and he was doing it mainly on his iPad Air. If he could not fight the temptation, he should just sell the iPad or get rid of something on the iPad to enable him to go to wherever he is going.

Jesus says to get rid of our sins that enslave us. For how much better is it for us to get rid of that sin that might give pleasure for some time and rid of that temptation to enable us to be with Christ, then to keep falling to that sin and harden our hearts to sin and be sent to hell. You know what I mean?

I hope that answered some of your questions. If you have any more arguments, hit me with a message and I'll gladly discuss with you man!
Posted by jo021698j 7 months ago
@FollowerofChrist1955 :

I do have to say that you are not handling this in a way that would draw the non believer to our side. You listen to him and have a conversation with him and present your side to the best of your ability. We have to have a Mathew 5:44 outlook on this. Our friend, WAM, does not agree with our religion, so we need to get him to see our side in the right manner. "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone," Col. 4:5-6. (NIV)

Alright, @WAM :

Galatians 3:38 - "There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
Acts 10:34 - "So Peter opened his mouth and said: "Truly I understand that God shows no partiality..."

God doesn't show partiality. He loves his children equally and a good thing too! He does assign different roles for the two in society though, and that's great! Because we need women to do things men can't, and things men to do that women can't. It's all part of God's beautiful plan.

Luke 3:11 - "Whoever has two tunics[b] is to share with him who has none, and whoever has food is to do likewise." John the Baptist isn't saying that it is wrong to have more than two tunics because we then turn to 2 Corinthians 9:7. "Each one must give as he has decided in his heart, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver." So the two verses can work together to make the big picture. But I can totally see how that must've been confusing.

Dealing with the Peace and Sword thing. I should have gone into more depth on the peace verses. Jesus came down to establish peace between men and God. In order for men to find favor with God, Christ had to come down and die for the wrath of God to be satisfied so that we could find peace with Him. The sword in Matthew refers to the fact that Christ is
Posted by WAM 7 months ago
Clearly I can read better than you.. Clearly you don't know the God you speak of. I personally don't want to know the God spoken of in the bible, considering history, past and current world situations and how the followers of this god, people like you, behave. Where did I refuse to acknowledge psalms as an old testaments book? I simply stated that it is included with the new testament. What of it?

Where did I misquote scripture?

Besides, it's spelled 'Koresh' with a K. And no, I'm not 'a David Koresh'. For that I would have to believe in a god, which I don't, nor ever will.

What makes you superior in understanding the scripture you talk of? I thought scripture was to be read to understand God and the Christian believe. If I'm smart enough to poke holes into that and you are going crazy because of that, there is clearly a problem with you and not me.

And calling me a 'swine', how mature.. What about the apparent maturity of Christians, turning the other cheek as in Matthew 5:39? Or am I 'interpreting' that wrong as well? Though I'd advise you not to call people 'swine', pigs are pretty intelligent, the way you are uttering yourself probably more intelligent than you..

But it's not a secret that non-believers have higher average IQ and higher average income. Keep the rational that Christians are so renown for coming....
Posted by FollowerofChrist1955 7 months ago
WAM, behave yourself. You haven't a clue of what your taking about. you don't know God. Your refusal to acknowledge psalms as an old testament book tells everyone that. Your a David Coresh .... so please everyone who IS a believer stop listening to this parrot who speaks but does not understand. He's wasting everyone's time with jibberish. I can misquote scripture all day long, scripture is to be study for understanding not just for reading without understanding. He is that swine scripture talked about jo021698j. IGNORE Him. Until he goes to God for more than just something stupid to say, he will always be lost, taking scriptures out of context and so on. Man doesn't even KNOW psalms is an old testament book!
Vote Placed by dsjpk5 7 months ago
Reasons for voting decision: Pro ff many times, so conduct to Con.