Raiken777
Himans45

Bidoof is a terrible Pokemon in battle

Himans45
Started: 3/25/2015 Category: Games

Raiken777

Pro

Bidoof is a bad Pok"mon to use in battle. Its stats are among the lowest of all Pok"mon beside Rattata and Pidgey and Zigzagoon.It is terrible.
Himans45

Con

I accept the debate, and will prove to you bidoof can indeed be a good pokemon in battle.
Raiken777

Pro

Okay first of all, Bidoof is a pre evolution and Pokemon cannot be as strong as they can unless they are fully evolved. Bidoof has pretty low stats overall too, with an EV yield of one.Yes,Bidoof CAN be good in battle if it is an in game battle and if Bidoof is at level 100,but normal people in real life use GOOD Pokemon like Ampharos or Greninja.
Himans45

Con

We are arguing that bidoof is a terrible pokemon in battle, which includes in game battles. Yes he is less strong than bibarel, but the pre-evolution can still be strong, just less so.

Despite bidoof's low stats, it has one key ability that can make it a pretty powerful pokemon, simple.

"Simple doubles the effectiveness of stat modifiers. For example, if Defense Curl is used, the user's Defense stat will increase by one stage, but the effect of that stage is equal to the change of two stages"

By using a bidoof with the moves Yawn / Curse / Quick Attack / Waterfall, he can be extremely potent as long as you max Sdef. After a single curse you'll end up with +2 Def and +2 Atk, already making you a formidable force.
So, in general, when used correctly and effectively, Bidoof CAN be a decent pokemon, thus making it not terrible.
Raiken777

Pro

Yes you are right simple can be a good ability BUT, there are alternative Pok"mon that are actually good that also have the ability simple like Swoobat. PLUS, Bidoofs speed is pretty low and normal people use Pok"mon with high speed and attack so the opponent would normally go first and make Bidoof faint before Bidoof can use anything. Also, Bidoof has a horrible move pool, only covering a few types.
Himans45

Con

"Yes you are right simple can be a good ability BUT, there are alternative Pok"mon that are actually good that also have the ability simple like Swoobat."

Yes, there are alternatives, but that does not make bidoof a terrible pokemon in battle, as he CAN be pretty good.

"PLUS, Bidoofs speed is pretty low and normal people use Pok"mon with high speed and attack so the opponent would normally go first and make Bidoof faint before Bidoof can use anything."

After a curse/amnesia with your simple ability you become incredibly beefy, and speed doesn't matter as much. Obviously if you get one shot you are useless, but that goes for any pokemon really. Also in your original debate topic you never specified that we were only talking about pvp battles, so we are also talking about in game battles. In in game battles he can perform relatively well, therefore he is not terrible in battle.

" Also, Bidoof has a horrible move pool, only covering a few types."

Untrue, as you can see from his movepool here ---- http://www.serebii.net... he has a somewhat decent movepool. His movepool isn't the most important thing, as he only needs one or two moves outside of amnesia/curse/rest. The moves he does have are good enough for him to be played somewhat decently.
Posted by BarbieSoFetch 2 years ago
BarbieSoFetch
It's a stupid honey badger rat Pokemon, of course it's horrible Pokemon. And leveling it up with time and patience is a waste of time. I thing an Oddish can do better.
Posted by Raiken777 2 years ago
Raiken777
Hm I just like using cool pokemon like Lucario or Greninja. Yeah I guess Bidoof can beat the elite four but why just a simple Bidoof.(pun intended)be creative and use pokemon you think are cool. One Bidoofis fine but 6 of the same Pokemon is dumb in my opinion.
Posted by a_janis1 2 years ago
a_janis1
I disagree with you completely. As it turns out Bidoof is mh favorite Pakemon ever. In my last play through i used only six bidoofs for the entire game. I defeated the elite 4 with ease while using my bidoofs. if you put time, love, and patience into training and raising your bidoofs they can grow to become arguably one of the strongest pakemans inb the entire game. trust me i don't know what id do without bidoofs.
Posted by Raiken777 2 years ago
Raiken777
Thank you
Posted by Raiken777 2 years ago
Raiken777
Thank you
Posted by Himans45 2 years ago
Himans45
I mean yeah mega ampharos is good.
Posted by Raiken777 2 years ago
Raiken777
Hitman45 I guess your right you win nothing personal. I just started this debate to prove to my friend that mega ampharos is better than Bidoof but in the comments can you please put if you like mega ampharos or not it will make me feel better and my friend might stop saying mega ampharos sucks.
Posted by Raiken777 2 years ago
Raiken777
Oh yeah I got my sources from bulbapedia and smogon.
Posted by YoshiBoy13 2 years ago
YoshiBoy13
Whereas I agree that Unown are more of a plot hook than a pok"mon, it is not to say they are necessarily *bad*. I mean sure, they're *bad*, but that's not because they were put in there to flesh out the Pok"dex and waste your Pok"currency. I can tell that @Raiken777 's friend has played Bidoof well, if you dig far enough, he probably thinks it's just underrated. Or he's just not really into Pok"mon, and is trying to rile you up.
Posted by Raiken777 2 years ago
Raiken777
Domr yes this is a bad debate you are right. But my friend thinks Bidoof is the best pokemon ever and I want to prove him wrong.And Daniel Nemes I didnt say it had the LOWEST stats,I said it had among the lowest stats of any pokemon.Honestly I would not have started this debate but my friend says Ampharos sucks and its my favorite pokemon so I have to prove to him that Bidoof sucks. And I don't hate Bidoof the only Pokemon I hate is Unknown.
Vote Placed by YoshiBoy13 2 years ago
YoshiBoy13
Raiken777Himans45Tied
Reasons for voting decision: I can imagine Raiken as a former Bidoof owner. Just sayin'. Arguments to Con: Changed my mind, showed it can be played well, so is not just a waste of 100 Pok?dollars and a Pok?dex entry. // Sources to Con: He used them.
Vote Placed by tejretics 2 years ago
tejretics
Raiken777Himans45Tied
Reasons for voting decision: Pro failed to rebut Con's case; they argued for alternatives used instead of the Pokemon in question, while Con managed to construct a valid negative case.