bchoo
cheesedingo1

Big Australia is a good idea

bchoo

Con

Big Australia is the increase in the popuation of Australia due to the high numbers of immigrants coming in every day.

I think that Big Australia is not a good idea, I will wait for Con to make the first argument.
cheesedingo1

Pro

I am glad to accept this debate.

So, Big Australia, as defined by the amazing Wikipedia, is "Big Australia is a term used by Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd to describe an increase in the population of Australia from 22 million in 2010 to 36 million in 2050 along with the policies needed to react to it." I know this is Wikipedia, but for a basic definition this is pretty accurate.

Anyways, I don't really see how more people in a continent is a bad thing. More people can often mean more workers, and from what I know Australia isn't going through a job crisis... so in theory more people will just help the Economy.

Also, more people over the course of the next 40 years is normal. More people are born every day than dying, so of course population is going to increase. There is an annual pop. growth of about 5% (http://data.worldbank.org...). So as I said, growth is normal.

And as my opponent suggests, this is a bad thing... So is there a solution to this "problem"? And how is it wrong?

I'm just setting out a couple points and I will put forth better arguments after I have something to debate on.
bchoo

Con

bchoo forfeited this round.
cheesedingo1

Pro

*sigh*... One of these debates.... I hate this sh*t...
bchoo

Con

bchoo forfeited this round.
cheesedingo1

Pro

hm. YOLO.