bilalmoin
KingoSchenk

Big populations are bad for acountry

Started: 8/10/2015 Category: Economics

bilalmoin

Pro

Is a greater population a boon or bane
KingoSchenk

Con

Where is the problem?

• Running out of space: If every human stood shoulder to shoulder it would only take up the state of Road Island. If we would spread out with the density of an average city, we would fill the state of Texas. Overpopulation would take billions of years to fill the entire world, and by that time things are likely to be different. (3)
everybody jump standing
  • How many countries have the problem: Right now only China, India, and Indonesia have this problem. So many more countries are in a desperate need of babies like Germany and Taiwan. Countries like Russia and France are in such a need that they actually pay their citizens to have babies. (2) Don't forget that a lot of these countries are not in need of more or less population, they need a stable growth.
Growth

Economy and Resources:

• The size of populations don't have an effect on the use of our natural resources. 5 billion vs 10 billion; WE STILL ABUSE "This is the result of despotism, corruption, economic ignorance, short-sighted greed and the inhumanity of man unto man - it is not a matter of counting heads." (3)

• As far as the economy goes, income rates stay steady if the population increases or decreases at a steady rate.

• The problems that some counties do face is when there is an immediate spike up in population. The US saw this in the baby boom of 1946 after WW2.
bb army

Conclusion:

I can go indepth with the supply and demand of people but, I'm not because it would take up too much space in this post. I am eager to read my opponent's arguments and debate more.

1. https://what-if.xkcd.com...
2. http://www.npr.org...
3. https://www.fightaging.org...

bilalmoin

Pro

bilalmoin forfeited this round.
KingoSchenk

Con

I guess he isn't participative.
bilalmoin

Pro

bilalmoin forfeited this round.
KingoSchenk

Con

KingoSchenk forfeited this round.
Posted by bilalmoin 1 year ago
bilalmoin
dear con,
i am the who put up this debate
i am sorry if i left you hanging, but unfortunately,sue to my ignorance i set up this debate incorrectly
i was just testing if the site worked and then left for a holiday
sorry that i could debate against you
your point are interesting and i hope i debate against you again.

SEE YA
Posted by Jetat 1 year ago
Jetat
Honorable Con,

you are right that there is space enough for everyone on the earth. But as you also know, not every place on our earth is giving their citizens the oportunity to provide everyone with food or to give them the same economic base as we have in US or Europe. To explain what I mean, let us take a look to our friends, living in Nigeria. 173 Million people are living in this country. Experts often named it in the same sentence when they talk about the BRICS states and that Nigeria could be the sixst in those super fast economic growing states. It is true that the economic is growing with incredible rates (7,3% 2015).
But the new growing is a delicate little plant. If the age distribution would look like an onion the population would be no problem, butin Nigeria it looks more like a pyramid (0-14 age: 43,2%; 15-24 age: 19,3%; 25-54 age: 30,5%; 55-64 age: 3,9%; 65 Age and older: 3,1%). To many are to young and the population is growing so fast (2,5% per year) , that Nigeria can't give erveryone to chance to get a schoolplace (illiteracy rate of 39%!!), or to give everyone the chance of a job. If you have enough food for everyone, a missing job would not be that problem, but because of the high birth rate and the low level econmic there is not enough food for everyone. It is simply a question of time, until the financial sytem of Nigera will break down. I don't want to name the remifications, but take a look to Boko Haram, to see what I mean.

The big population/ fast growing is the main source of the problems in the third world as well as in Nigeria. A to big population is bad for countrys!!
Posted by KingoSchenk 1 year ago
KingoSchenk
So, right off he bat should I state my arguments?
Posted by KingoSchenk 1 year ago
KingoSchenk
I might acept, I am researching it.