KiwiJudas
Goldmarker

Birthright Citizenship

KiwiJudas

Con

Hi I would like to start of by stating thank you to who ever accepts this debate. I am fairly new to this website so I ask my opponent for a good clean debate. I hope this will be of benefit to me and my opponent & I know it will be really fun.

Debate:

Birthright Citizenship - Should the right of citizenship for all children born in the United States, regardless of the immigration status of their parents, be removed?

Definitions:

Birthright Citizenship - refers to the citizenship granted to a person by virtue of the circumstances of his/her birth. Accordingly, any person born within the territory of the U.S. is granted citizenship by birth. A child born overseas to U.S. citizens also acquires a U.S. citizenship.

Con - I will choose Con for this debate meaning I believe a child should be a citizen of the United States not regarding his/her parents immigration-al status.

Pro - Will be chosen by my opponent for this debate. He will protect his case stating that a child should not become a United State citizen regarding his/her parents immigration-al status.

Terms:

1. For the sake of the well being of me and my opponent as well, I ask him/her to keep private matter to himself. If this debate has to do with his/her personal life I ask him/her to not bring it forward to this debate.

2. I ask of him/her to think of this debate as only a debate and nothing else.

3. I ask for my opponent to use great deal of grammar, as I will try as well and to use reliable sources. If I lose or win a debate I like to learn from them so I ask for my opponent who will accept this debate to take it serious and give it all he's/she's got as I will do the same.

4. Have fun I want to enjoy myself as I am sure my opponent will love to enjoy him/her self as well.

Outline:

Round 1 - Will be for acceptance and any questions or terms Pro may have.

Round 2 - Con will present his case. Pro will rebut my case & present his/her.

Round 3 - Con will add on to his case and rebut Pros case. Pro will add on to his/her case and rebut Cons case.

Round 4 - Con will add on to his case and rebut Pros case. Pro will add on to his/her case and rebut Cons case.

Round 5 - Con will rebut Pros case and make his closing statement. Pro will rebut Cons case and make his/her closing statement.
Goldmarker

Pro

Hello, I am goldmarker and i will accept your challange as PRO
(agianst)
KiwiJudas

Con

I would like to thank Goldmarker for accepting this debate.
Con will now present his case.

Case I:

First and foremost I'd like to tell the audience a bit about the history of the foundation of the United States. There was a men which we are all familiar with which is Christopher Columbus, he led to the discovery of the "New World." Which led to the British Empire conquering 13 colonies in America. We conquered the 13 colonies by the slaughtering of the Native Americans that already lived here the true citizens of this country. So may I add that this country actually belonged to Native Americans until immigrants came & took control of it. On July 4, 1776 the 13 colonies revolted against the British rule and declared Independence. The United States was actually formed March 1, 1781 under the Articles Of Confederation George Washington becoming the first President of the United States. When we became an independent country we we're all alone in a new world, we need to develop and reproduce. We invited immigrants all around the world from different countries to help us develop this country. Many people believe this is the only country which was formed with a good foundation. Which was the freedom of religion, freedom of speech, media etc. From all around the world immigrants immigrated to this country to search freedom but also helped this country in an enormous way by helping in It's development. For example the Chinese immigrants was a very essential part to the development of railroads in the United States. Moving on in the 19th century the United States was expanding greatly we we're moving lower south but we faced a little problem that land belonged to the Cherokee, Creek Choctaw, Chickasaw and Seminole nations. To us they we're standing in the middle of progress but to them we we're invading a land that did not belong to us and they we're completely correct. So many citizens of the United States eager for more land forced the Federal Government to acquire the Indian territory. Andrew Jackson later on in 1814 he commanded the U.S. Military and attacked the Creek nation. The Creek lost 22 million acres of land to the United States. In 1823 the Supreme Court made a law which stated that Indians could occupy their lands but not hold titles to them. Of course the Indians denied and tried to keep their lands by not using violence. They tried to adopt the ways of our Country but it only made us jealous and resentful. In 1830 Jackson passed the law named the "Indian Removal Act" the Indians we're to give their lands east of the Mississippi River in exchange for lands to the west. But they refused and Jackson still forced them out. To conclude this first case I state that we immigrants forced the Native Americans out of their land for our benefit's. So we can see that our country is the Super Power it is today because of the hard work immigrants put into this country but also because of the slaughtering we caused to this countries true citizens. So therefore I also conclude this country was founded upon immigrants so why deny immigrants to come in now that our country is at It's greatest?

Case II:

This topic is so debatable at the moment because of the great deal of Mexican immigrants that are immigrating into the United States now in the 20th Century. Many people have mixed feelings about this, but I ask my audience and pro why should we deny a baby Birthright Citizenship because their parent's are illegal immigrant's? May I add that the only reason most immigrants come to the United States is in search of a better life for themselves but a even better one for their children, so they may receive the education that in many other countries is denied to them? We a country that tells the world so much about the Democracy and Freedom we have here, so why deny it to the human beings that inhabit this world? When a child goes to school and gets educated and gets a degree and a job he benefits this countries economy. So why deny them when they are only helping us? Of course there are the exception that take the "American Dream" and turn into their own meaning by trafficking of drugs etc. But why should we punish the majority for a few? I'm a firm believer that whether or not that big wall stands in the middle of the United States & Mexico drugs will always find a way inside our country. So what do I tell people when they ask me should we let Mexicans in our country? I tell them to break down that border. They need us as much as we need them. Many time's I hear people say " They are taking our job's." I always ask these people what job's are they taking? I have never seen in my life a Citizen of these United States cleaning a toilet in a public restaurant. Yet I see illegal immigrants doing it every day. I haven't seen the first citizen of the United States that works 13 hours a day for $5.00 yet I've seen illegal immigrant's work that hard. We are in a recession whether we accept it or not we need them. They pay taxes every time they go to a store & purchase groceries so we citizen's are not the only ones paying.

Conclusion I:

I conclude my first two cases by stating that whether we like it or not we all have descendants that we're immigrants to this country. Unless you're descendants we're Native Americans or Alaskan Native. So therefore I also conclude the true citizens of this country are American Indians and Alaskan Natives. Therefore when we judge those Illegal Mexican Immigrants we are also judging ourselves. Because if we look further back into our families history we will find a point where they we're immigrants as well.

Thank You & Vote Con.

Sources ,

http://www.pbs.org...

http://www.buzzle.com...

http://www.justice.gov...

Goldmarker

Pro

Goldmarker forfeited this round.
KiwiJudas

Con

Unfortunately my opponent didn't rebut my cases. Wether he didn't find the time or he was incapable of responding he should of sent me a message which he didn't.

But my cases are still open.

Obviously Vote Pro.

Thank You.
Goldmarker

Pro

Goldmarker forfeited this round.
KiwiJudas

Con

I believe the opponent gave up or hasn't found the time to respond. Either way It's extremely irresponsible and shameful.

It's obvious to vote for Con.
Goldmarker

Pro

Goldmarker forfeited this round.
KiwiJudas

Con

I am will assume he won't respond.

Sorry to the audience for not being able to finish the debate.

It's still obvious to vote Con.
Goldmarker

Pro

Goldmarker forfeited this round.
Posted by KiwiJudas 5 years ago
KiwiJudas
I wrote Pro instead of Con *sighs*
Posted by KiwiJudas 5 years ago
KiwiJudas
Con will support that Citizens should be considered a citizen not concerning their parents Immigration-al status. Meaning if my parents are immigrants I should be considered a Citizen if I am born within the United States. & Pro will support that if you're parents are illegal immigrants you should not be considered a citizen just because your born within the United States. I thought it was pretty obvious.
Posted by kohai 5 years ago
kohai
Same question.
Posted by SamVega 5 years ago
SamVega
I don't quite understand your wording. Are you stating the Con position will be supporting that a person is considered a citizen as long as they are born in the country, and that the Pro position is asserting that one's parent's must be citizens for a child to be a citizen?

Or is it the other way around?