Bisexuality is not wrong. It should not be shunned. Being bisexual is not something you can change, and you are often born with it. It is sometimes a choice, but it is a choice due to love for one another. If you were getting married to the guy/gal of your dreams would you want people staying away from you like you were a weird disease?

I know a girl who's best friend had a crush on her. She felt the same way toward her best friend so they told two of their other friends. One friend was perfectly fine with it and didn't any differently. But the 2nd girl never looked at either of the best friends again in the same way. How do you think that effects a person's way or feeling of expressing themselves? It makes it harder to be themselves. I think it is wrong to think of another person as evil or weird to be gay or bi-.

What would you do if you knew someone of the same sex who liked you? Would you tell them to back off? Would you tell the nicely you didn't feel the same way, or would you feel the same? Don't judge that person who lives next door to you. Live without judging.
If you are one of those people who don't like gays because the bible tells you to. Then look closer at the book; it will tell you not to judge, and by not liking them just because they're gay is judging.

I am a Christian who believes that homosexuality and bisexual behavior are both immoral and wrong. However, since this is your debate I will let you decide if you want me to use the Bible as a source or not except to address that judging aspect of your argument.

In your last paragraph, of questions there is so many scenarios that fit into that situations. Did the person come onto you, did they just say it........ This would probably play into my reaction. If they just said it, I will nicely tell them no. However, we might hang out less for obvious reason and it could be more their choice than any. My point is we cannot say and it is different in every situation.

I look forward to hearing your reasoning more and and having an interesting debate. Thanks!

My arguments will include the negative affects homosexuality and bisexuality has on society, the individuals, and more just for an insight.

The situation I used was real and the girls did not come on to one another. They were just opening a line of communication with each other and their friends.
You may use the Bible in your argument, it would be greatly appreciated if you site the information.
There are many positive effects bisexuality has on society. States with legalized gay marriage have a lower divorce rate than the ones who don't by at least 20%. Massachusetts was the first states to legalize gay marriage and they have the lowest divorce rates in the country.

Initially I would like to address a few points in the opening argument and invitation
"If you were getting married to the guy/gal of your dreams would you want people staying away from you like you were a weird disease?" Of course no one wants people to stay away from them like that but research shows diseases are higher with homosexuality.
- Homosexuals only account for about 5% of the population at the most.
- In 2008, men who have sex with men (MSM) accounted for 63% of primary and secondary syphilis cases in the United States. ( The National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC) (National Aids Trust, NAT)
- MSM are 17 times more likely to develop anal cancer than heterosexual men. (The National CDC and Prevention) (NAT)
- CDC data released 2010 National STD Prevention Conference:
There are 522 to 989 cases of HIV per 100,000 MSM, compared to 12 cases in other men and 13 cases per 100,000 women. The primary and secondary syphilis rate among MSM is over 46 times higher than the rate among other men, and over 71 times higher than among women.
- 78% of homosexuals are affected by STDs (Rueda, E. "The Homosexual Network.")

If homosexuals are treated like they have a disease unfortunately research shows that is likely to be the case, they most likely do have a disease.

Although there is less divorce there is greater diseases that affect everyone around them. For example, It takes approximately $300,000 to take care of each AIDS victim, so thanks to the promiscuous lifestyle of homosexuals, medical insurance rates have been skyrocketing for all of us (Kaifetz, J. "Homosexual Rights Are Concern for Some).

Here are some verses: Romans 1:24-27,Leviticus 18:22,1 Corinthians 6:9-10,Romans 1:27,Jude 1:7,Genesis 1:28,Romans 12:2. I can provide more but I am curious did you just use judging in the Bible, out of context, to prove a point or do you really understand scripture?

Next round I will mention more negative affects on children and scripture verses

Figure-it-out forfeited this round.

I will wait and see if my opponent posts arguments in the next round since this one was forfeited.
Posted by Figure-it-out 2 years ago
You are very well right Girraffegirl.
Posted by Girraffegirl 2 years ago
Be yourself, biisexuality isn't wrong. people suck
Posted by Osiris_Rosenthorne 2 years ago
Judge ye not least ye be judged, for that measure you mate unto others will,be measured unto you also by my father in the kingdom if heaven, if I recall the gospel of Matthew correctly. As for it being a matter of preference, when was the last time your preferences were towards the other sex? Your right, however, people aren't born gay, but they're also not born potty trained or as Christians either. Some things are just the product of development, but that by no measure makes them a matter of preferences.
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
And FYI, people aren't born gay or bi... It's a matter of preference ... Which ultimately is a decision on what you want... Not something you just take...
Posted by GodChoosesLife 2 years ago
The bible does say not to judge but it also says to judge with righteous judgement.
Posted by dsjpk5 2 years ago
Some people are born with a proclivity to become an alcoholic. Does this mean being an alcoholic is ok?
Posted by ChosenWolff 2 years ago
It simply means you don't care about societies sex standards ( I can only get it up with women though)

Ugh, now I feel desires
Vote Placed by FuzzyCatPotato 2 years ago
Reasons for voting decision: ff