PrettyOnFleek67
AbrahamThurmond

Black Lives Matter Protest Don't Help

PrettyOnFleek67 has forfeited round #3.

PrettyOnFleek67

Pro

First off let me say this, yes I am black, and I'm young but that doesn't have to do with the fact that I have an opinion. First off doing all of these protest is going to do nothing, and I mean NOTHING. Why do I say this well almost every time a protest happens some more stuff happen and what I mean by that is more people get shot, more people get hurt, and at the end of the day what does protesting do. I mean I know it can help people understand the pain but screaming 'Black Lives Matter' is going to do nothing at all. Black Lives Don't Matter. All lives matter. We should not be focused on a white man killing a black person, we should be focused on how almost everyday somebody else is dying, killing themselves, running away. I think just because of something that happened in the past people are making it a bigger deal than what it is. Just because I'm black I'm supposed to listen to rap, like chicken and kool-aid, and be ghetto. No just because I'm black im not any different than you.
AbrahamThurmond

Con

Black Lives Matter is meant to convey the problems African Americans have in America that they feel as though society does not talk about enough and by saying it doesn't help your wrong it gets people talking about the issues so that they can be fixed. Though some of the methods used like interrupting events seem bad they are working for the greater good of having an America that doesn't accept institutionalized racism.
PrettyOnFleek67

Pro

Okay. I do get that they want it to be heard about how they are getting treated, but was all of this stuff happening back when white police were getting shot and killed or held at gun point. If a gun is held and fired at you yes you have the right to pull out your gun, but if they have not threatened you in anyway or have not held you at gunpoint you don't have the right to shoot. I get all of this but was is screaming Black Lives Matter goanna do. It's goanna make people do things that won't help LIKE holding an officer a gunpoint. Did you know that I'm 12 years old, that my friends are white, do you wanna know what one of them said. Well they said that they hate the fact that everybody is focused on black lives matter. What about that fact that one of my friends is Mexican and lived in Cali. but he moved because police kept assuming he as associated with a gang when he wasn't. Or how people always assume '(Not sure of the actual culture but the culture that people say always works at gas station)' are associated with ISIS. What about those problems I don't wanna be scared that I'm can't walk out my door without getting shot because I'm black. I know how they feel but what about the Mexican girls dad down the street that went away for bossiness and never came back because when he went the California he got shot seven time, after wearing a beater and hanging with his friends outside a store. There are more races other than African American, keep the past in the past.
AbrahamThurmond

Con

As a young minority in America you as much as anyone should understand that there are constant micro aggressions done toward communities as you said people who work in gas stations are assumed to be affiliated with Isis certain communities like African Americans or Mexicans even more so you must realize that people like your friends father who are shot due to the police racially profiled him are everywhere and the black lives matter movement wants to bring attention to it. Young black people like yourself are constantly getting gunned down based on their skin color or their clothes the black community feels very disgruntled by this due to the fact that they were constantly oppressed in slavery and with the Jim Crow laws black lives matter isn't saying that all other lives don't matter they're saying that there are problems in their communities that must be addressed the media paints black lives matter as this neo black panther group that only wants black supremacy when in fact all it wants is for their voices to be heard because America has a long standing history of ignoring their voices so they believe by being loud and by interrupting people their voices can be heard. The black lives matters is very similar to the civil rights movement in which there were groups that called for black supremacy and groups that said the white men were the devil yet they all worked toward creating an equal America and while some of the actions done by the black lives matter protest are wrong they just do it out of care for you and other young minorities in America they want to convey the point that your voice matters and never let someone take that away form you even if you have to stand up to get it heard.