Nathaniel_B
WinBoat

Black Lives Matter is stupid.

Nathaniel_B

Nathaniel_B

Pro

Black Lives Matter is not really about attempting to protect Black people. Blacks killing Blacks is the highest percent of Black deaths in America, if Black lives matter, they should be targeting real issues in Black communities across America. My opponent must provide evidence to refute this argument. Also would like to mention that there is a number of Whites in the group as well, which disturbs and confuses me.
WinBoat

Con

Taken from the wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org...

"Black Lives Matter (BLM) is an international activist movement, originating in the African-American community, that campaigns against violence and systemic racism towards black people. BLM regularly holds protests against police killings of black people and broader issues of racial profiling, police brutality, and racial inequality in the United States criminal justice system."

This is, and was the original and still is the intent of BLM (Black Lives Matter). Just by the quote alone is enough to conclude this argument, but for entertainments sake, and for the viewers reading, we can discuss Black Lives Matter which obviously isn't "stupid".

First off, it's important to know that nearly every single political group out there has bad apples (people) and just because there are some bad apples, there is far MORE good apples in this group, and protesting for a cause. The cause itself is pure, it's a group of people black, or white raising awareness of how blacks are mistreated by police which is obvious, mistreated by the court system compared to whites which again is obvious with blacks getting longer sentences.

So to call this political group "stupid" is actually an insult when the intent is raising awareness and again just because there is bad people in the group, it doesn't make the group bad. There are plenty of good people in this group, and that's important to know.

The tactics you see being protested regardless of how questionable they might be is still for a POSITIVE cause. Sure there might be looters in the group (bad apples) but they are in every group, and again there is a bigger majority of GOOD protesters regardless how you view them. There are many videos of positive protests online showing them protesting peacefully. You might see the negative videos because social media in itself focuses on the negative, this includes youtube.

Blacks killing each other is irrelevant.
Nathaniel_B

Pro

Wow! My first opponent! Now to continue!

"The cause itself is pure, it's a group of people black, or white raising awareness of how blacks are mistreated by police which is obvious, mistreated by the court system"

How are Blacks mistreated by cops? Then again, it isn't race that is the factor in how the cops treat Black people,it is how they respond to requests by the officer.

Now let's look at this: "What was disclosed was Darren Wilson, the officer involved, had acted in self-defense and had reason to fear for his life. Brown fought with Mr. Wilson and tried to take his gun."

Why were the Black Lives Matter morons saying that Brown was innocent when clearly he wasn't?

"Black Lives Matter perpetuates — both online and at their rallies. The group, and all of its umbrella organizations, has claimed that every 28 hours a black man is killed by a police officer."

From the sources listed here, should prove how the group is incredibly stupid.

"The Washington Post’s fact-checker gave the claim four Pinocchios, saying the victims studied in the report were not all unarmed, and they were not all killed by the police. Ouch."

Constantly lying, its stupid.

"
A Harvard study has also disproved Black Lives Matter’s notion that there’s racial bias in police shootings."

Again, no such thing as "Black Lives Matter" it is clear.

"The Black Lives Matter movement also purposely avoids black on black crime — it seems that black lives matter only if they’re killed by whites."

"
Blacks killing each other is irrelevant."

Is that not something that they should be concerned about considering that they push "Black Lives Matter"?

" You might see the negative videos because social media in itself focuses on the negative, this includes youtube."

Stop lying. Provide a link to a video showing them in a peaceful protest.

Source:https://www.washingtontimes.com...;
WinBoat

Con

My opponent opens his argument and rebuttals by these statements he made and I do quote

"How are Blacks mistreated by cops? Then again, it isn't race that is the factor in how the cops treat Black people,it is how they respond to requests by the officer. "

Then he goes on to bring up the Darron Wilson/Michael Brown controversy which I agree is a bad example. However, dead people do not speak, so no one knows what happens, and it's common for police officers to lie. (Personally, I don't care about Brown being shot, he was a thug that was cause on tape).

First off... It's common knowledge blacks are mistreated by police, and the court system. My opponent says it's how they respond to the officer and while that is true for the most part, there are lots of online videos clearly showing the officers abusing blacks, taking advantages of blacks. And I will show the readers more than a few sources, including ones I read yesterday from Yahoo's home page.

https://www.youtube.com... Rodney King gets beaten by multiple cops
https://www.youtube.com... In this video Police shoot an unarmed therapist trying to take care of his patient
https://www.youtube.com... Eric Garner dies (graphic)
https://www.youtube.com... Just 4 days ago people, police planted cocaine in a black mans wallet. How long have they been doing this?

And so much more but little characters to work.
https://www.youtube.com... showing peaceful movements and protests.

The group was made for injustice towards blacks by police, and court. Not blacks killing blacks, and yes that's irrelevant.

BLM is not stupid. There are stupid people within the group. Over 100 people every year are killed by cops.
Nathaniel_B

Pro

"First off... It's common knowledge blacks are mistreated by police, and the court system."

Can you verify that this is true? I'm pretty sure this is a lie in itself.

You can't keep bringing up these things and not prove them to be true.

https://www.youtube.com...... Eric Garner dies (graphic) I watched the video, and is there proof he died? You have to show a link to a autopsy image that shows how he (if he did) died.

"BLM is not stupid. There are stupid people within the group. Over 100 people every year are killed by cops."

And you can't back that up either.
WinBoat

Con

My opponent presented a poorly third round. Yes, what I said is true. I provided evidence.

Yes, Eric garner did die. https://www.youtube.com... (video of him dying) notice the cop in the greenish shirt.

Yes, over 100 people are killed every year by cops (Didn't say black people specifically, but they do make up the majority)

https://en.wikipedia.org... official statistics and as you can see, nearly every year, over 100 people are killed by police.

There are many cases of which black people get longer sentencing in court systems than white people.
https://newsone.com...
http://www.abajournal.com...
http://gawker.com...

Obviously, blacks get longer sentences, not sure if my opponent has been living in a cave all these years, or has never had internet up until now, but it's common knowledge by almost everyone I know that blacks do indeed have it the worst in the court system.

My opponent has not provided any proof to his claims, he has only said that the group BLM is stupid. I have provided solid arguments and reasoning why the group was formed, which was for a positive cause meaning that it isn't a "stupid" thing. Rather its for a good cause, but it does have many stupid people in the group, also they do protest some of the wrong deaths like michael brown, trayvon marton, who were thugs, or that 12 year old boy who had a toy gun in his waistband.

Those wrong acts of protesting should NOT define what the group was originally based upon, and the idea of the group. Whether you like it or not, Black lives DO matter and the group is not stupid.
Posted by Nathaniel_B 5 months ago
Nathaniel_B
Hello audience. As I was trying to post my source for the second round, I made a mistake. So here is my source (hopefully it works) http://www.washingtonexaminer.com...
Posted by Debating_Horse 5 months ago
Debating_Horse
whiteflame is an extremely commendable person. He is right to remain in his position and to help us all learn how debates work. Insulting people does not lead you to victory ,but only conflict. Have some respect!
Posted by WinBoat 5 months ago
WinBoat
White flame. You are a fukinng fagg0000t dude, and probably the worst mod I ever seen on any website. It's a wonder how you even got mod rights still. No wonder 90% of these debates go unvoted, it's cause you remove every single vote. "Oh not enough reasons". I haven't used this site for months and can see through your biased bullsha@t. You probably some overweight fat si$sy power tripping on these forums cause you got a small dikk in real and can't get laid. I bet on it.

I guess I'll have to sl@p you in the face. The jc1996 guy who voted for me left a much better review of the debate and made more sense. Let's see here shall we? "Pro seemed dodgy" on the issue, and if your f@t a$$ actually took enough time to read this debate, you'd see that Nathan literally didn't even have a debate. All he said was BLM was stupid, that's his entire argument. BLM is stupidooo. Never backed up his claims when I counter argued, he was just more concerned with my argument, claims, and also refused to watch the Eric Garner video posted which clearly showed him being choked, and the autopsy doctors saying that the choking did play a role in his death tho it wasn't the ultimate cause.

Doesn't matter tho, because of you, this website is trash with your power tripping ego you small bick fuckeerr!! lol.. I guess it's ok for Nathan to have his friend clearly vote for him as seen in the comment section of them two talking "oh im gonna vote for you when i get home, or get voting rights" and doesn't even leave a good review himself.

How about my other debate I lost due to two trolls voting for each other on the f@t sumo wrestling debate? Yeah.

Fucc you whiteflame, get c@ncer you evil power tripping mod who should literally be fired. You suck at your job.

Owell, I won the debate anyways, pro had no back up arguments, just attacked my points which clearly were proven. If the website wasn't so dead cause of white flame, I would have most votes (owait, flame removes them LOL!! No on
Posted by whiteflame 5 months ago
whiteflame
*******************************************************************
>Reported vote: jc1996// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Pro seems dodgy on the issue of Black Lives Matter, Con presented clear and concise facts to disprove it. Therefore, Con prevailed because the matter at hand is derogatory and disgusting. Black Lives Matter is not a stupid organization and they campaign against oppression and promote equality among races.

[*Reason removal*] (1) The voter doesn"t explain S&G or sources. (2) Arguments are insufficiently explained. The voter is required to specifically assess sources presented by both sides. Merely stating generalities about how the voter perceives each side"s arguments is not sufficient. (3) Conduct is insufficiently explained. The voter is required to present some clear example of the debater in question being insulting. Merely pointing to the topic of debate is not sufficient.
************************************************************************
Posted by Joshua213P 6 months ago
Joshua213P
more us citizens are killed by us citizens than isis kills americans however news sources and police/swat forces are more concerned with preventing terrorism (?)
Posted by KZC 6 months ago
KZC
I don't like the BLM campaign. The fact is that they get offended when it is not just about their lies. Blue Lives Matter has developed as a response to police shootings. There are police out there risking their lives to protect others. Of course there are police who abuse their power, but that is not the majority. Looking at the statistics, black populations have higher rates of crime, which matches how there are more blacks getting arrested or dying. You may base this off race, but it is just as racist to say that black lives are worth more. Police also will shoot when they thing the situation is progressing toward violence regardles of race. If anyone were put under the same stress as the police, there would no doubt be violence ensuing.
Posted by whiteflame 7 months ago
whiteflame
>Reported vote: BryanMullinsNOCHRISTMAS2// Mod action: Removed<

7 points to Con. Reasons for voting decision: Con by default.

[*Reason removal*] Not an RFD.
Posted by Nathaniel_B 7 months ago
Nathaniel_B
+Debating_Horse Thanks man! I do see that Black Lives Matter is nothing but a bunch of liars and race-baiters.
Posted by Debating_Horse 7 months ago
Debating_Horse
I am on (pro)'s side. I wish I could vote though! I'm attempting to get my phone number connected so I can vote!

You did good Nathaniel!
Posted by Nathaniel_B 8 months ago
Nathaniel_B
As "Lucas Guidi" pointed out in a comment from one of your sources

"This headline is false. According to the article this is based on, "On average, blacks receive almost 10% longer sentences than comparable whites arrested for the same crimes." 60% is the difference between the AVERAGE prison sentence for whites compared to blacks, NOT for the same crimes."

And the Eric Garner case, HOW DID HE DIE? You said he died, but did NOT prove how he did.

"Trip

"853 armed"

Why is the amount of people that are armed higher than ones that are not armed?

Black Lives don't matter, and the group is a bunch of liars and race-baiters.
Vote Placed by Debating_Horse 7 months ago
Debating_Horse
Nathaniel_BWinBoatTied
Reasons for voting decision: For me, I see that Nathaniel had sources that really did make the Black Lives Matter seem a foolish/stupid cult of people. On con, he has failed to prove how Eric Garner died while being apprehended by police officers, this is one reason why I leaned more to pro (Nathaniel) having better sources, if the con person had proved how Eric died, I would have voted "tied" on reliable sources. Con also used "Wikipedia" which the site cannot be used as a "most reliable" source for information, though the con person did have somewhat good arguments, I still see that Nathaniel did good on this debate.