Clever
SnaxAttack

Black Ops 2 Best Call of Duty game?

Started: 7/11/2015 Category: Games

Clever

Pro

First Round Acceptance
Pro- For Black Ops 2
Con- Against Black Ops 2 (Can propose another Call of Duty game such as Advanced Warfare)
SnaxAttack

Con

I challenge you to this debate! Also "Good Luck"!

The game that I am stating that is better than Black Ops 2 is the first Black Ops.
Clever

Pro

Thanks to SnaxAttacks for accepting this debate! Good Luck!

1. Statistics

First and foremost, we can clearly see from the statistics that Black Ops 2 had sold 7.5 million copies on launch day compared to Black Ops' 5.6 million. Activision believes Call of Duty: Black Ops II day-one shipments were the largest for any game ever. After just 5 days of sales, Black Ops 2 had made a whopping $800 million compared to Black Ops' $650 million. Black Ops 2 had there beaten theatrical box office, book, and video game sales records for five-day worldwide sell-through in dollars.

2. The Game itself

We can all clearly agree that Black Ops 2 is a super fast-paced game while Black Ops is way slower paced.

Load Out- Black Ops 2 - Upgrade of everything in Black Ops
Modes - Black Ops 2 - Introduces new Multi-Team Mode, King-of-the-Hill style mode called Hardpoint
Way better and cheaper DLCs for Black Ops 2 including new and improved NukeTown2025
More Maps and Better Graphics + New Killstreaks
SnaxAttack

Con

My opponent first brings up the statistics on both games selling. With the statement that Black Ops 2 sold many more copies, than Black Ops 1. I will, reluctantly, agree upon the statistic given from my opponent; and I will even throw in a statistic of copies sold in a year. Black Ops sold 21600000 copies, while the sequel sold 24600000 copies. A whole 3 million differential of games sold! But does that make a game better because of having more sales? Absolutely not! If we take a insight look upon the reviews compared to both games, based on an average number rated by Gamers, it was rated at a 9/10; while Black Ops 2, on the other hand, was rated at 8/10. And even in multiple polls, most people state they had fun with Black Ops, than Black Ops 2. The number being a million number difference!

Because of lack of characters, I will end my argument here; but before I do, the DLC's had a greater deals within the first Black Ops, than second. With an actual zombie themed only DLC!
Clever

Pro

I'm afraid that Con did not specify his statistics enough especially when Con misinformed us about the ratings for both Black Ops and Black Ops 2. Con had stated that "based on an average number rated by Gamers..". 'Gamers' is a very broad term referring to the Gaming community yet statistics are created from several separate websites not just from one source referred as 'Gamers'. For example, the statistics from IGN suggests that in contrast to Con's statistics, Black Ops 2 actually acquired a rating of 9.3/10 while IGN only gave Black Ops a 8.5/10.
In regard to Con's statement "But does that make a game better because of having more sales? Absolutely not!", I disagree since everyone would of course have there own opinions on different games yet the number sales (especially the big difference between Black Ops vs Black Ops 2) does matter! Did Black Ops get less sales cause it was a better game than Black Ops 2? The sales for Black Ops 2 reflects the fact that it is the preferred game
SnaxAttack

Con

To specify the statistic on reviews for the game Black Ops, I admit I did not point towards one source; but will prove that there have been more higher scores of Black Ops, than Black Ops 2. For Black Ops, Metacritic gave it a 4.5/5, Common Sense Media gave it a 5/5, and Gamespot gave it a 9/10. While Black Ops 2, on the other hand, recieved a 4/5 on Metacritic and 8/10 from Eurogamer. It is true IGN gave it a high score, than Black Ops; but more reviewers give the higher score on Black Ops, than Black Ops 2.

Then my opponent argues that reviews doesn't make a game, but sales do. I must ask, how do people know what to buy for a game? The source is typically a review, and if my opponent claims, given the quote: "I disagree since everyone would of course have there own opinions on different games yet the number sales (especially the big difference between Black Ops vs Black Ops 2) does matter". Most games are heard of because of a review, not sales.

Also, Black Ops had better DLC
Clever

Pro

Clever forfeited this round.
SnaxAttack

Con

To begin, at the end of the last round, I stated that Black Ops had better DLC. They had multiple maps that could be downloaded, and did not really reuse any maps from the past. Maybe once, but better than Black Ops 2 with a remake of a map. And besides of focusing on one part of the community, Black Ops delivered an entire zombie DLC.

One thing many people like to play in Call of Duty is zombies. Yes we have people playing multiplayer here and there, but think about the times one was stressed and wanted a "sanctuary" out of their stress. Zombies was the answer, where you teamed up with a group and kicked "butt"; killing the undead. It was fun, and each map added a whole new element to the lore and Gameplay. Black Ops had more memorable maps, while Black Ops 2 only had really one good zombie map; Mob of the Dead.

And if we get technical, without Black Ops we would not have Black Ops 2. Black Ops is what set the setting for Black Ops 2 where Black Ops 2 can't stand on its own.
Posted by Sauerkraut 1 year ago
Sauerkraut
How do I vote?
Im new to this
Posted by SnaxAttack 1 year ago
SnaxAttack
No problem
Posted by Clever 1 year ago
Clever
Sorry SnaxAttack, I wasn't able to get online to post my arguments in the past few days as I was really busy. You can just build on your facts for round 4.
Posted by Clever 1 year ago
Clever
In regards to the amount of characters per round, this is my very first debate on Debate.org so I just accepted the default settings for a debate that the website suggested. I found out that I need more space as well so for future debates, I will remember to increase the amount of characters per round. :D
Posted by tajshar2k 1 year ago
tajshar2k
Black ops 2 is the best game