overthemountains
IcyCream

Black People and Sports : A Generic inheritance from Slavery

overthemountains has forfeited round #4.

overthemountains

Pro

We have all noticed in major sports, from then till now, that the greatness of our most dominant people, preferable the selective few with astronomical strength, agility, endurance, and other athletic abilities are among the dark-skinned people of the everyday society.

The considering factor that once so long ago, people of the African decent were slaves. They were mistreated and subjected to work rigorously for over a century. The most successful were the ones that strived to be a better worker, striving for both freedom and excellence, gaining respect and overtime knowledge and self value.

On another standpoint, Scientists today have studied the classification of the human phenomena and have coincided with earlier reports that the human genetics could be altered by food, climate, and activity. Cells reshaped and bio-genetic data believed to be streamed down from generations to generations.

Are those from the African decent psychologically empowered to achieve greatness through alternative revenues, or, are they genetically bread from the natural evolution of ancestral bloodlines?

From the creative minds; a controversial topic with no boundaries...

Thoughts:
- First Debate topic, I'll edit if the structure or grammar is a little off.
- No numerals, Statistics, or math
- No independent content or links
- No use of the word "Race" or name of any sports.

ok, good luck ;)
IcyCream

Con

So if black people dominates sports due to slavery, why do Asians dominate academic wise? I believe black people's athletic abilities has little to do with slavery, rather, their race entirely when they were born.
overthemountains

Pro

Thoughts:
- First Debate topic, open for ideas
- No numerals, Statistics, or math
- No independent content or links
- No use of the word "Race" or names of any people/sports.
-This is the opening statement, debate can go either way based on the first or second paragraph.
ok, good luck ;)

Edit:
The above paragraphs are the opening statements or the introduction. The objective isn't necessarily to compare which ethnicity is the best, but to instead debate the purpose, reason, or motivation (if there is any) for success, in this case through sport. To give a better understanding, the second paragraph of the passage gives a psychological standpoint, and the third paragraph, a scientific standpoint.
The question asked, "Are those from the African decent psychologically empowered to achieve greatness through alternative revenues, or, are they genetically bread from the natural evolution of ancestral bloodlines? ', has key words 'psychologically' and 'genetically'. You can choose to base your debate on these two words, to determine your standpoint; the psychological standpoint, the scientific standpoint or neither.

The "Thoughts" (Rules) has been amended as follows:
- Disallow the use of the word "Race".
- Disallow the use of named people.
- Allow the use of statistics for all standpoints.
- Allow the use of web links for all standpoints.
- Allow the use of named sport for all standpoints. (popular/major sports)
IcyCream

Con

I offer my sincerest apology for breaking that rule and thank you for clearing things up.
I believe they are genetically bred naturally through their ancestors, my wording was poor in round one, and I apologize for that as well.

So...Does the debate start now?
overthemountains

Pro

It's genetic.
IcyCream

Con

?

Is this a debate..? Or a dialogue?
Sorry for jumping into this topic, what exactly did I get into?
Posted by overthemountains 6 months ago
overthemountains
@IcyCream, yes the debates is still going.
Posted by Atango 6 months ago
Atango
Not sure that it's because of slavery that black people are good in sports it's way deeper than slavery.
Posted by IcyCream 6 months ago
IcyCream
I genuinely forgot the rules when posting my debate. The word race can be replaced with any synonym you'd like, aside from that, I did my best to follow the rules set. However, if I did break something major, I'd be more than happy to take a loss to compensate for my mistakes.
Posted by SM29 6 months ago
SM29
I'll follow just for morbid amusement regarding the rules set forth in Round 1. No statistics when discussing athletic achievements, no independent links to verify information, and no use of the word "race" in a debate in which the premise is inherently racial? Seems to me like someone's fishing for a victory by rules violation.
Posted by TheBenC 6 months ago
TheBenC
Does this mean white people can eventually demand reparation payments because black people are making more money at this time in history?
Posted by Wolfram 6 months ago
Wolfram
This'll be interesting debate.