Commen_Knowledge_97
David.Cameron

Black and White controversy

David.Cameron

Commen_Knowledge_97

Con

I swear all I hear is black and White. Why does the skin color matter. We are all equal. White cop shoots and kills black teenager. Lable it Racist! NO! If a black cop shoots and kills a white cop it is not labled racist! If a white kills a white! Not seriotyplical at all! Why cant people just forget that we are diffrent colors. Everytime something happens between and black and white and the black is harmed it is not racist. Plus starting a riot to hurt and kill other people is worng! People could make that racist! Like oh they used that as a reason to attack whites. My school has a black out day I was going to wear balck and white. When they were to ask why I wanted to say why did it have to be just black, is that not racist! I dont care about skin color! That does not make up a person!
David.Cameron

Pro

Introduction
Thanks Commen_Knowledge_97 for this debate. I only have thirty minutes to post my argument so I would ask the voters to be a little more forgiving of any grammatical errors -- I simply do not have the time to thoroughly spell check given the tight parameters.

Does Race Matter?
The answer, by some many indicators seems to be yes. I'd like to call my opponent's attention to the fact that Black Americans (the case could likely be made for other nationalities, but most of the evidence I found deals specifically with the United States) seem to have very different interactions with the country's law enforcement. I would likely you to consider this statistic from a 2008 report authored by an organization linked to the US Justice Department:
  • Black drivers (12.3%) were about three times as likely as white drivers (3.9%) and about two times as likely as Hispanic drivers (5.8%) to be searched during a traffic stop in 2008.
This seems to be a part of a large pattern of occurrences when as concerns black people and law enforcement. In Ferguson, Missouri, a town that has caught national attention, the primarily white police force in 2013 was considerably more likely to stop black drivers (86% of stops involved black individuals) and search black individuals (92% of searches were on black people). While these statistics are quite extreme, they seem to be mostly amenable all across the United States.

Relevance?
Does the evidence I presented necessarily mean that race is a problem? Not necessarily. However, given this evidence is it ludicrous to suggest that race is a problem in America and that racism negatively affects black people (as con seems to suggest it is)? No.
Commen_Knowledge_97

Con

Commen_Knowledge_97 forfeited this round.
David.Cameron

Pro

extendallarguments.exe
Commen_Knowledge_97

Con

David.Cameron

Pro

reaction animated GIF
well then...
Posted by cheyennebodie 2 years ago
cheyennebodie
Obama was elected ONLY because of the color of his skin.
Posted by David.Cameron 2 years ago
David.Cameron
Sources to prove I'm not a damn liar.
Justice Department Report: http://www.bjs.gov...
Ferguson Stats: http://www.motherjones.com...
Posted by dbushwacker 2 years ago
dbushwacker
Damn, never mind, too late. You should have found out what the issue was first David.Cameron, but we'll see.
Posted by dbushwacker 2 years ago
dbushwacker
Agreed what is it about, I might take it up, is it that you think people should be thought of as a person rather than by their color. Mostly biased but I could probably explain why, of course if you want to talk about this stuff you should go into the Forums at the top and make a topic to discuss, otherwise enlighten me on this issue of yours. I won't take up the issue until I find out what its all about first off.
Posted by Mike_10-4 2 years ago
Mike_10-4
"There is (a) class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs -- partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs. ... "

"There is a certain class of race problem-solvers who don't want the patient to get well, because as long as the disease holds out they have not only an easy means of making a living, but also an easy medium through which to make themselves prominent before the public."

Quotes by Booker T. Washington (1856-1915) African American political leader, educator and author. http://www.knowsouthernhistory.net...
Posted by Dilara 2 years ago
Dilara
I agree
Posted by justiceandtruth 2 years ago
justiceandtruth
What are you trying to debate?
Vote Placed by lannan13 2 years ago
lannan13
Commen_Knowledge_97David.CameronTied
Reasons for voting decision: Forfeiture
Vote Placed by o0jeannie0o 2 years ago
o0jeannie0o
Commen_Knowledge_97David.CameronTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con forfeited (conduct). Con is hard to read (grammar). Pro actually argued, and they where pretty convincing (argument).
Vote Placed by NoMagic 2 years ago
NoMagic
Commen_Knowledge_97David.CameronTied
Reasons for voting decision: Con made no arguments