Rtodd
kyleflanagan97

Black lives matter

Rtodd has forfeited round #2.
Updated: 1 year ago Status: Debating Period

Rtodd

Con

So here's what I have to say about this movement. I believe that this is a toxic way of thinking that has lasted in our society for too long. It starts as a simple movement such as the black panther party or the Taliban at first they are freedom fighters who are actually fighting for the right cause and are doing good. Later tho people who have I'll intentions get control and warp the values and twist the meaning. If you want people to see black lives matter don't attack the police who protect us, don't attack another race because you are scorned over the past, and don't cry because you don't want to be treated different but you still want the educational, financial, and job related benefits you have due to a racial stereotype. If you want to change things, and you just have to do something attack those who are causing the issues, the people you idolize emphasize that you are so different, the pastors and priests who feed on your tears to fuel their fortune and fame when all they do is further the stereotype that you are different, the media stars who teach these small children through their lyrics that what it means to be black is to be different. It makes me sick when a person reaps the benefits of race based program and then cry's when they are treated different.
kyleflanagan97

Pro

Change has always been sparked by a group fighting for change. And it is not that groups such as black panther immediately turned to violence, it is that they tried fighting injustice for years with no successful change. Before there were protests on the streets of Ferguson police brutality was not an issue covered by mainstream media. The black lives matter movement was not brought around to take charge of the government, there goal is to change the way african american's are treated in society. It is also unfair to compare groups like Black Panther and the Taliban because they were formed in different circumstances. I look forward to the debate!
Posted by Rtodd 1 year ago
Rtodd
I know right!
Posted by mmichaen 1 year ago
mmichaen
interested in the result. :)